The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

I commend you in your honesty....I hope The General can change that for you....the happy point is though, we have the best of both worlds, if folk prefer those demos that they've had 3,4 years to be comfortable with or prefer those players, they have those....then we have some material with the current band for those that want that. Truth be told, how often, If ever, do we end up liking a remix or alt. cut better than a song we initial love based on its original form? Rare. As the mind has already taken up a loyalty for that sound....

Yeah but it would have been so much better if those songs were released officially with a properly finished/completed mix with the original artists playing. As for The General, we've never heard that song in its original form, so hearing it for the first time will be with Slash playing, but I still have a feeling I'm not going to enjoy it as much, even though I don't have a direct comparison, because the whole time I'm listening I'm going to be thinking about what it would have sounded like with Finck & Buckethead and knowing (in my mind) how much better it would have sounded. I'm hoping we will one day get that version leaked. Still excited to hear that song though. Moreso for Axl's vocals though, not the guitar parts. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Yeah but it would have been so much better if those songs were released officially with a properly finished/completed mix with the original artists playing. As for The General, we've never heard that song in its original form, so hearing it for the first time will be with Slash playing, but I still have a feeling I'm not going to enjoy it as much, even though I don't have a direct comparison, because the whole time I'm listening I'm going to be thinking about what it would have sounded like with Finck & Buckethead and knowing (in my mind) how much better it would have sounded. I'm hoping we will one day get that version leaked. Still excited to hear that song though. Moreso for Axl's vocals though, not the guitar parts. 

Out of interest. Were you a fan of Guns pre Nu-GNR? Did you like Slash and the band members from before?

8 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

So I'm a young GnR fan, in my late 20s. When I got into GnR, it was the old band, and their music, that I fell in love with. But in my adult years I've come to enjoy Chinese Democracy so much that it's actually my favorite album of all time. I'm a huge Axl Rose fan. I don't like how Slash sounds on any of the ChiDem material live, except the title track because that's a straight forward rocker. Hardschool was alright but I liked the original arrangement better. Same goes for Perhaps. I'm also jaded that we're only getting a few ChiDem songs that Slash and Duff are reworking instead of the actual follow up album we were supposed to get, with the old band members that wrote the music on the songs.

I couldn't agree more. Our best hope is for a bonus special edition of Chinese, and/or additional leaks.

34 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I couldn't agree more. Our best hope is for a bonus special edition of Chinese, and/or additional leaks.

I have 0 expectations of any boxset ever coming out for ChiDem that includes anything like demos or unreleased (or previously unreleased) tracks with the original artists. 

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

So I'm a young GnR fan, in my late 20s. When I got into GnR, it was the old band, and their music, that I fell in love with. But in my adult years I've come to enjoy Chinese Democracy so much that it's actually my favorite album of all time. I'm a huge Axl Rose fan. I don't like how Slash sounds on any of the ChiDem material live, except the title track because that's a straight forward rocker. Hardschool was alright but I liked the original arrangement better. Same goes for Perhaps. I'm also jaded that we're only getting a few ChiDem songs that Slash and Duff are reworking instead of the actual follow up album we were supposed to get, with the old band members that wrote the music on the songs.

I couldn’t relate more to this

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I have 0 expectations of any boxset ever coming out for ChiDem that includes anything like demos or unreleased (or previously unreleased) tracks with the original artists. 

30 years from now in a post Axl world, more likely and you'll most likely still walking this earth...there'll be a curiosity to this era and history will study and probably conclude....how did he fuck up something that was the biggest band in the world (or there abouts) at the time....so yes, I'm at pains to say, oh we won't hear this or that'll never come to the light of day as we've said it before and then 2019 happens....that sorta shit will continue to occur because GNR fans are a rabbid different breed, starved and apparently decent detectives too...like the Poirot of the underground rock world ...🧔🎩

16 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Yeah, my problem is I think the music Buckethead and Finck wrote together, coupled with Axl's voice, is some of the coolest rock music I've ever heard, and want to hear more than just an album's worth ....

The problem is the way you've already pre-judged a song based on how it could potentially sound with someone else in your imagination.

It would be kinda like not fully enjoying Dark Side of the Moon because there was an early mix from 1972 sitting in the vault for decades. Just imagine how much better it could've sounded!!

You're taking it too seriously. I just thought it was funny how you worded that. I would also like to hear the original material 2001-04 before it started being fucked with too much. I'm just not gonna let it taint the unveiling of the big gun.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Billy Cundy said:

Surely there’s not an album coming. We’ve been drip fed Axl’s CD2 ‘big ones’… and they’ve all been standalone releases. Are people thinking they’re going to compile these and put out an album with hard skool, perhaps etc on it? Absurds been out for years. Makes no sense. The General is a B Side too perhaps, and Atlas Shrugged is getting the same treatment soon by all accounts. Why would they squander these tracks as standalone releases if they were intending to do an album?

an album of original NILT material still seems hugely unlikely because the fact still remains, Axl can’t sing like he used to. 

Slash said in an interview that they are gonna keep releasing singles until they had dropped an albums load, for what it's worth....

7 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Slash said in an interview that they are gonna keep releasing singles until they had dropped an albums load, for what it's worth....

That blatantly won't be happening. They're putting out the few tracks they have over as long a period as they can.

Anyone that thinks there's another 5 or 6 to come or that they're gonna start work on an album knows deep down they're kidding themselves. 

We'll get Atlas and maybe Soul Monster or a reworked OMG and that's it. And tbh I'm okay with that, they're the songs we've been waiting for for over a decade. 

• GNFNR 1

52 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

That blatantly won't be happening. They're putting out the few tracks they have over as long a period as they can.

Anyone that thinks there's another 5 or 6 to come or that they're gonna start work on an album knows deep down they're kidding themselves. 

We'll get Atlas and maybe Soul Monster or a reworked OMG and that's it. And tbh I'm okay with that, they're the songs we've been waiting for for over a decade. 

fact is we don't know how many more Gn'R tunes we're going to get eventually and we also don't know that if we do get more tunes, that the material is going to be only old shit.

Wikipedia says:

"The band used 15 studios during production, including Capitol Studios, Cherokee Studios, Electric Lady Studios, Sunset Sound Recorders, and The Village."

Dunno where this info is originally from, but:
I don’t know what we’ll get, but I do know it would be insane to think that all Axl has was recorded in The Village and he used another 14 studios just to tinker with those few songs with vocals. 
Even if the Village CDs are all there is (which I don’t believe), that still means dozens of those other songs without vocals, which he must have tackled to some degree in those other studios. 

Now, take these, add one or two new songs and one or two 90s songs and you got yourself several possible albums stepwise. Sounds unbelievable and crazy, but it's still logical. 

18 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Wikipedia says:

"The band used 15 studios during production, including Capitol Studios, Cherokee Studios, Electric Lady Studios, Sunset Sound Recorders, and The Village."

Dunno where this info is originally from, but:
I don’t know what we’ll get, but I do know it would be insane to think that all Axl has was recorded in The Village and he used another 14 studios just to tinker with those few songs with vocals. 
Even if the Village CDs are all there is (which I don’t believe), that still means dozens of those other songs without vocals, which he must have tackled to some degree in those other studios. 

Now, take these, add one or two new songs and one or two 90s songs and you got yourself several possible albums stepwise. Sounds unbelievable and crazy, but it's still logical. 

Yes, exactly! Always thought that....AND yes, to some degree artists are more prolific at points than others and yes, The Village sessions appears to have formed the base of CD, etc BUT it's still another 8 years at least (we've been told longer from other insiders) of other studios that would have discs just like the LL but unfortunately no Tom Zutant to sell off storage! Or fortunately, if you wanna be surprised by a potential future....we presume Axl to be lazy, because of his official confirmed output...that doesnt necessarily mean or chime with his behind the scenes....it's just his reluctance and insecurities...Axl is rarely a liar, he's told us a full second album was ready to go a couple of times post CD....other band members mentioned many times the wealth of material...so there's gotta be songs and titles we simply dont know with vocals, etc....unless CD2 was mostly instrumental...know that kills some folks ego that there might be songs we've never heard of but it's inevitable in a album that cost $13 million (yes a lot was wasted too BUT still....)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Just thinking back to Mayhue's comments that GN'R has recorded a bunch of stuff and that a lot of it sounds like AFD, I actually think it would be really cool if they touched up some of the old Arkeen collaborations for proper releases. I want Bring it Back Home goddamnit.

so glad Pele isn't here anymore because he'd start saying that these vocals are would be from 1990.

but i wouldn't mind any UYI leftovers honestley

Edited by kingcanyon
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, PrimalScream said:

Not a fan as well, but I just noticed how the ascending first half of this solo matches that Hard Skool part just before the last repetition of the chorus

Bucket had a more advanced solo than the one from the Village leaks (that someone inserted into the studio 2008 version) 

You can hear bits of it in the multi. Hopefully we will get to hear it properly one day. 

• Like 1