The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

Hard Skool and Absurd would need a remix and remaster if they were to be included with Perhaps and The General. I did a mix CD with these songs together after I obtained them, and Hard Skool sticks out badly, for one, it’s too loud. Absurd less so, but still needs work.

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Hard Skool and Absurd would need a remix and remaster if they were to be included with Perhaps and The General. I did a mix CD with these songs together after I obtained them, and Hard Skool sticks out badly, for one, it’s too loud. Absurd less so, but still needs work.

Easily sorted if they care....

So it's not Absurdly loud?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

And here we go again. Duff:

The rockers have been on tour virtually full-time since they reformed seven years ago. They’ve released just two new songs, Hard Skool and Perhaps, but McKagan reassures fans a new album will happen eventually, promising: “Don’t worry, we’ve got this.”

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/music/1824074/duff-mckagan-guns-n-roses-new-album

lol the shade at absurd

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The rockers have been on tour virtually full-time since they reformed seven years ago. They’ve released just two new songs, Hard Skool and Perhaps, but McKagan reassures fans a new album will happen eventually, promising: “Don’t worry, we’ve got this.”

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/music/1824074/duff-mckagan-guns-n-roses-new-album

They must be longer in the process than we think, or else he knows this will backfire

23 hours ago, Dummy said:

4 cd leftovets

4 covers

4 reworked cd tunes

4 live songs

16 song new album.

Bonus track rock the rock

Makes 17 songs Total for an album

Well we have 

hard skool , perhaps, absurd and the general potentially atlas shrugged and state of grace. 
If you include oh my god and record 

slither, Wichita lineman, tv eye and walk all over you. 
 That’s 11 and honestly an album I’d buy and be very happy about. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Urgh. You just know we'll be using this quote to fuel another years worth of the new album thread, just like we did with Slash's comments. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, betterman said:

They must be longer in the process than we think, or else he knows this will backfire

We're all cynics for good reason and it doesn't give much a way BUT to say and naturally respond as he did, is a very forward and confident sounding thing to say from a man that knows more than us...that's a hope sure...but if nothing was happening or planned but he didn't want to say that, there's a million other responses to deflect. That's a watch this space, something is planned/coming ! Sooner than we all probably think. Now that could be an EP or something other than an album (more likely...)

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I'm very skeptical about an album, but yes, everything that Slash said would happen has happened, even though with some delay.

It's coming from Duff. I trust him. Look Slash said things that got delayed but were true. With a new album then there will be a new tour. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Blackstar said:

What happened to the big news? We all just forget about that? How many months has it been? 

9 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

All things considered...

We've got this, don't worry.
But other than that, we have stuff that's still got to come out.

Axl has tons of material, and we all want to do it... We haven't even gotten to that point in earnest of sitting down and writing...
We’re clearing things out, we're just gonna put out like one or two songs, and another one or two songs, we're priming the pumps, and using the sitar pedal for a song you haven't heard yet.
We've got this.
We're just figuring it out. In the next 6 months... It happens when it happens, we're trying to put out a new single, any day now.
You have to respect what's going on in the world, we're trying to figure out how to release an album in this day and age you know.
Any F'N' day now, gunners.

"Thomas had never seen such bullshit before"

41 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

All things considered...

We've got this, don't worry.
But other than that, we have stuff that's still got to come out.

Axl has tons of material, and we all want to do it... We haven't even gotten to that point in earnest of sitting down and writing...
We’re clearing things out, we're just gonna put out like one or two songs, and another one or two songs, we're priming the pumps, and using the sitar pedal for a song you haven't heard yet.
We've got this.
We're just figuring it out. In the next 6 months... It happens when it happens, we're trying to put out a new single, any day now.
You have to respect what's going on in the world, we're trying to figure out how to release an album in this day and age you know.
Any F'N' day now, gunners.

Those are all good song titles....colour me excited!

I can't imaging NITL re-recording the Zodiac 13 instrumental and it being even half as good as the one from the Village leaks, same with Oklahoma and Soul Monster, and others. 

Well I can, seeing as those are all incredibly dull and soulless instrumental tracks.

Regarding Duff's "we got this," quote: I wish we could have actually heard/read the question posed to Duff.

"Are you recording a new album?" - don't worry we got this, sounds a lot different than "should Guns N' Roses fans expect any new material" - don't worry we got this.

In this case, I can see the journalist/editor conflating the two questions when in reality those could be two very different answers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

Well I can, seeing as those are all incredibly dull and soulless instrumental tracks.

Oklahoma could use some sprucing up, but I find Zodiac 13 to be fantastic, only missing vocals. Soul Monster just needs a nice Robin or Bucket solo, and Axl's vocals. 

• Haha 2