The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

53 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Highly doubtful. I remember in the China Exchange interview he talked about interest in creating film scores, which I think he would be really good at considering the instrumental movie like quality of many GnR songs. But that was now back in 2016 and most likely has gone nowhere. I think, as far as commercial ventures goes, it's clear Axl has been creatively retired since 2008. Singing on a cartoon show does not count, as many hear like to think it does. Releasing 4 songs that are over 20 years old and pretending that they're new I think is the strongest evidence towards his creative retirement. 

Axl only expressed interest in film score as a listener, and in the hypothetical case of Gn'R not being active anymore in any capacity or whatever. he never planned to do film scores as far as we know which would make it a very different thing.

not releasing very much music doesn't mean Axl is not creative anymore I mean how could you possibly know how active he is when he's not talking about this shit? if you define being creative as writing and/or composing music, finishing it, and releasing it, then yes, but that is not the definition of being creative.

Axl being creative could be him composing a new tune playing his piano for example, or coming up with lyrics and vocal melodies and capturing that in the studio. we have no idea about that shit. the quantity of tunes he released in the last 30 years doesn't prove anything in that regard.

17 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Axl only expressed interest in film score as a listener, and in the hypothetical case of Gn'R not being active anymore in any capacity or whatever. he never planned to do film scores as far as we know which would make it a very different thing.

not releasing very much music doesn't mean Axl is not creative anymore I mean how could you possibly know how active he is when he's not talking about this shit? if you define being creative as writing and/or composing music, finishing it, and releasing it, then yes, but that is not the definition of being creative.

Axl being creative could be him composing a new tune playing his piano for example, or coming up with lyrics and vocal melodies and capturing that in the studio. we have no idea about that shit. the quantity of tunes he released in the last 30 years doesn't prove anything in that regard.

Yup, which is why before I made that point I said "commercially" to distinguish his creating and playing music personally from creating and playing to be released for the public to hear. Who cares what Axl is doing musically in private, for himself? I sure dont. I only care about what he's doing or will do that I'll be able to hear. 

1 minute ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Yup, which is why before I made that point I said "commercially" to distinguish his creating and playing music personally from creating and playing to be released for the public to hear. Who cares what Axl is doing musically in private, for himself? I sure dont. I only care about what he's doing or will do that I'll be able to hear. 

how will you be able to hear it if he doesn't get creative for himself first? and you don't know that he isn't creatively active anymore. he could be writing Eye On You part ll as we speak for all you know.

Was listening to Velvet Revolver's Libertad in the car yesterday. 

It gave me some hope, as the current band is basically a blend of Velvet Revolver (old guns) and "New Guns". With the more traditional rock sound VR had, with the more experimental, or even weird Chinese era stuff, I think actual new material by this lineup would be good. I imagine Frank will play drums on new material, stuff that Brain or Josh wasn't involved with. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

It gave me some hope, as the current band is basically a blend of Velvet Revolver (old guns) and "New Guns". With the more traditional rock sound VR had, with the more experimental, or even weird Chinese era stuff, I think actual new material by this lineup would be good. I imagine Frank will play drums on new material, stuff that Brain or Josh wasn't involved with. 

Slash has an underrated ability to find a lot of variation in his sound and approach. Snakepit doesn't sound like VR which doesn't sound like SMKC, solo album, etc. 

imagine a hybrid of Chinese Democracy, some Contraband, with the energy of Let It Roll and American Man leads. with Fall To Pieces, Slither, and Sucker Train Blues it's clear that like Axl said, there was the ability to create another great Gn'R album without Izzy imho. Duff has also proved to be a gifted song writer at least to my ears.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sweersa said:

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

Slash has an underrated ability to find a lot of variation in his sound and approach. Snakepit doesn't sound like VR which doesn't sound like SMKC, solo album, etc. 

imagine a hybrid of Chinese Democracy, some Contraband, with the energy of Let It Roll and American Man leads. with Fall To Pieces, Slither, and Sucker Train Blues it's clear that like Axl said, there was the ability to create another great Gn'R album without Izzy imho. Duff has also proved to be a gifted song writer at least to my ears.

You're all forgetting the most IMPORTANT factor to these desires. Axl writing lyrics and recording vocals. 

• Like 2

Music isn't something you create and not want everyone to hear it.  High school bands can come up with a song in a few hours, film themselves on their cellphone and post it on youtube.  That's how we know Axl hasn't created anything for a long time.

3 hours ago, ChrisW said:

Music isn't something you create and not want everyone to hear it.  High school bands can come up with a song in a few hours, film themselves on their cellphone and post it on youtube.  That's how we know Axl hasn't created anything for a long time.

Because Axl, who is famous for being very particularly about how his music is presented, doesn't just post videos of himself playing his music on YouTube, you conclude with certainty that he doesn't create music anymore? Really? :lol:

Look, we know Axl has stopped talking about new music he might have created, and we know he has no problems just sitting on music for ages. Example, if it weren't for the fact that he played an Elvis Prestley cover song he had created - all by himself, about 27 years ago - for some friends and one of them decided to talk about it, we wouldn't have known about the existence of this tune. We have absolutely no idea what else might exist or if he has stopped creating music now. Anyone who claim they know are talking out of their asses, and usually out of frustration. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

You're all forgetting the most IMPORTANT factor to these desires. Axl writing lyrics and recording vocals. 

Well, that goes without saying! I really hope he finished some of the better Village instrumentals we got with vocals. 

7 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Example, if it weren't for the fact that he played an Elvis Prestley cover song he had created - all by himself, about 27 years ago - for some friends and one of them decided to talk about it, we wouldn't have known about the existence of this tune. 

Where did this info come from? I'm curious. 

On 4/6/2024 at 2:20 PM, 2020_Intensions said:

Yeah kinda confused as to what he's talking about. I thought it was obvious that it instrumentally was a remix of Prostitute. I haven't seen anyone discuss Blood in the Water in regard to The General or Monsters either.

Rephrase! We know which songs it’s NOT. My bad 😂

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Yeah that's what we ended up assuming you meant lol

I highly down the blood in the water lyric was specially recorded for the remix. Could it have been from a discarded track, sure. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

I highly down the blood in the water lyric was specially recorded for the remix. Could it have been from a discarded track, sure. 

Agreed, although to hear some on here Axl has been continually creating multiple masterpieces in total private that he may or may not share with his fans :lol:

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

I don't. We know he rerecorded the vocals for This I Love specifically for that remix. And there's no other vocals used in those remixes from unreleased songs. It's actually, based on what we know, and the information we have, very likely that Axl simply recorded that line specifically for the Prostitute remix. 

3 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I don't. We know he rerecorded the vocals for This I Love specifically for that remix. And there's no other vocals used in those remixes from unreleased songs. It's actually, based on what we know, and the information we have, very likely that Axl simply recorded that line specifically for the Prostitute remix. 

Did brain or anyone else from GnR confirm when the This I Love remix vocals were done?  

On 4/8/2024 at 4:19 PM, SoulMonster said:

I wonder if the Elvis Prestley song Axl covered will be released as a solo song or as a GN'R song?

Given it was meant to sound industrial I wonder if it was something played for Bruce Berman when they were in talks back in the day for him/gnr to have a song in Heavy Metal 2. Something like that would have worked for that project

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Because Axl, who is famous for being very particularly about how his music is presented, doesn't just post videos of himself playing his music on YouTube, you conclude with certainty that he doesn't create music anymore? Really? :lol:

Did you skip the first sentence of my post or just ignoring it because then you couldn't miss the point?

3 hours ago, DTV88 said:

Did brain or anyone else from GnR confirm when the This I Love remix vocals were done?  

I'm not sure about that. But we do know the remix album was worked on around the same time ChiDem was released, so most likely those vocals are from around that time as well. Definitely not after 2010. And since Axl planned on the remix album being released along with ChiDem 2, we can strongly infer he recorded those vocals specifically for the remix. 

16 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

"Music isn't something you create and not want everyone to hear it."  Youtube is an option, rumble is an option, facebook is an option, and that's just three possibilities I came up with off the top of my head.  There are other options as well if Axl actually has something people whose pussy is filled with maggots want to hear.  And maybe other people want to hear it too.  People who create music want people to hear it.

13 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I'm not sure about that. But we do know the remix album was worked on around the same time ChiDem was released, so most likely those vocals are from around that time as well. Definitely not after 2010. And since Axl planned on the remix album being released along with ChiDem 2, we can strongly infer he recorded those vocals specifically for the remix. 

Possible, the Shacklers Revenge remix was mixed by Sean Beresford in December 2007, so it's logical to think other remixes were done around same timeframe. & also people heard some of these back stage in 2010 which narrows it down.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

Possible, the Shacklers Revenge remix was mixed by Sean Beresford in December 2007, so it's logical to think other remixes were done around same timeframe. & also people heard some of these back stage in 2010 which narrows it down.

Right. And 2010 was the rumored (and Axl-given) date for when ChiDem 2 would release, along with the remix album. We also know ChiDem for all intents and purposes was finished and ready to go in 2006 (and 2002 really), so 2007-2009 is the most likely timeframe for when the remix album was worked on.

7 hours ago, ChrisW said:

"Music isn't something you create and not want everyone to hear it."  Youtube is an option, rumble is an option, facebook is an option, and that's just three possibilities I came up with off the top of my head.  There are other options as well if Axl actually has something people whose pussy is filled with maggots want to hear.  And maybe other people want to hear it too.  People who create music want people to hear it.

Bless your cotton socks.