The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

14 hours ago, GNRmello77 said:

Yahahaa we're all still waiting but I want to share my take on the following: both Crue and GN'R had their last album released in 2008, now Guns gave us The General and Perhaps. Motley Crüe did the Dirt and another song in 2019 but now they came up with an absolute abomination of a song.. called Dogs of War anyone heard it yet? It's 90% AI recorded. Zero creativity and originality in it..  i must say I'D rather starve for another album for the rest of my life and have them quit instead of tarneshing their legacy with wat crue just did.

i like it.  It sounds a bit harder than past stuff.  On par with the General IMO, neither are game changers, but will make most fans happy that something is out.  Check our Sebastian bachs new one, its awesome

Edited by fabrph5

2 hours ago, fabrph5 said:

i like it.  It sounds a bit harder than past stuff.  On par with the General IMO, neither are game changers, but will make most fans happy that something is out.  Check our Sebastian bachs new one, its awesome

Ya....new Seb came up in my feed...away to blown my ears off to that now....🤞

• GNFNR 1

On 4/28/2024 at 3:26 PM, fabrph5 said:

I've checked his new singles yeah! They're nice aren't they? It took him a while to come up with a new record but I like what I hear so far

• Like 1

On 4/28/2024 at 3:26 PM, fabrph5 said:

On par with The General? Oh Boy! 😬

• Haha 1

So just heard the new Motley Crue song WITHOUT MICK on my local rock radio ...

Since 2021, here are the number of times I've heard the FOUR NEW GnR songs WITH SLASH ...

Absurd: 0

Hardskool: 1 (after midnight)

Perhaps: 0

The General: 0

Brutal ...

Still hearing 2 year old Ozzy songs .. Still hearing Linkin Park's Lost .. Why does new GnR not get played? Very strange ..

2 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

So just heard the new Motley Crue song WITHOUT MICK on my local rock radio ...

Since 2021, here are the number of times I've heard the FOUR NEW GnR songs WITH SLASH ...

Absurd: 0

Hardskool: 1 (after midnight)

Perhaps: 0

The General: 0

Brutal ...

Still hearing 2 year old Ozzy songs .. Still hearing Linkin Park's Lost .. Why does new GnR not get played? Very strange ..

Idk cause the mc song is shit

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Also just to note .. My local radio is Philly which has a huge rock radio presence and heavily features new music from all bands old & new .. They also play A LOT of GnR every day. Why wont they play the new songs? 

Probably because most people don't care about the new songs, and nobody requests them.

My local station plays tons of GNR too, aside from the hits I regularly hear Don't Cry (Alt version), Mr Brownstone, Nightrain... they played the shit out of SOYL when that was released. I heard Hardschool once when it was released, and Perhaps maybe twice at the most. Of course they're not gonna play Absurd or The General.

The NITL singles are mediocre and the production sucks. It's really that simple.

My local station has Killing Floor in regular rotation and I've heard Oh Well several times, too.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Also just to note .. My local radio is Philly which has a huge rock radio presence and heavily features new music from all bands old & new .. They also play A LOT of GnR every day. Why wont they play the new songs? 

Yeah, probably a few factors there, but what stands out to me is that the new songs are over produced and complicated. They're also highly emotionally presented and delve into serious themes. This makes them very hard to digest, especially for the casual market. I personally love them but i can acknowledge these traits.

Edited by Sonicjam
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Probably because most people don't care about the new songs, and nobody requests them.

My local station plays tons of GNR too, aside from the hits I regularly hear Don't Cry (Alt version), Mr Brownstone, Nightrain... they played the shit out of SOYL when that was released. I heard Hardschool once when it was released, and Perhaps maybe twice at the most. Of course they're not gonna play Absurd or The General.

The NITL singles are mediocre and the production sucks. It's really that simple.

My local station has Killing Floor in regular rotation and I've heard Oh Well several times, too.

Yeah, agreed. I'm not 100% serious with my question. I'm asking more in a "think about it" type way.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Yeah, agreed. I'm not 100% serious with my question. I'm asking more in a "think about it" type way.

To be fair, I'd be surprised if you're still hearing that Crue song in a couple weeks, if that. I haven't heard it on the radio yet... listened to it once online and that was more than enough :lol:

What's to think about though? Good songs with decent promo will usually get more plays. I think Monsters is in a completely different league than the other songs, it's far bar the best we've heard from this lineup and it's not even close. But I expect the same as what they've done with other songs, a stupid animated video and a tweet, but zero other promo. Compared to what Slash has done with Orgy Of The Damned, it's no wonder his singles are getting airplay. My local station doesn't really play SMKC, either.

My point is, the way these songs are talked about on this forum, some say they're leagues better than ANYTHING on ChiDem .. Utter lunacy, imo. So I'm trying to make a point, if these songs are so amazing, and many credit Slash being on them for the reason why, then how come they get ZERO radio play. When songs like Lost, which funny enough, is very similar, being a 20+ year old song, still gets regular airplay, and the singer is dead! Ozzy's new album stuff still gets played regularly, and he doesn't even tour! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

My point is, the way these songs are talked about on this forum, some say they're leagues better than ANYTHING on ChiDem .. Utter lunacy, imo. So I'm trying to make a point, if these songs are so amazing, and many credit Slash being on them for the reason why, then how come they get ZERO radio play. When songs like Lost, which funny enough, is very similar, being a 20+ year old song, still gets regular airplay, and the singer is dead! Ozzy's new album stuff still gets played regularly, and he doesn't even tour! 

That’s a very butt hurt post if yours 😂

But it’s easy to answer. You can be fucking cholera and still be better than half of CD. That’s why.

Only Monsters is on par with anything CD. Hard Skool is a good song with a vocal effect that ruins the entire finished product. The General is a decent song with an awful instrumental and drowned in shitty effects. Absurd is abrasive garbage. Perhaps has one good aspect (piano lick) and the rest is abysmal. The chorus is one of the most embarrassing I've ever heard.

If Guns want to get played on the radio then they need to ditch the CD era. That whole era is full of mid tempo songs with no real guitar riffs and lyrics about all the people that wronged Axl in the 90s. People don’t really relate to that. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

if these songs are so amazing, and many credit Slash being on them for the reason why, then how come they get ZERO radio play. 

Well, I still hear Hard Skool on rock radio stations, at least in my country. And I don't even listen to radio much. I've just happened to hear Hard Skool when I've been in bars that plays rock radio. I wouldn't be surprised if they played Perhaps too. But at least Hard Skool is still played, even if it's a few years old already.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

My point is, the way these songs are talked about on this forum, some say they're leagues better than ANYTHING on ChiDem .. Utter lunacy, imo. So I'm trying to make a point, if these songs are so amazing, and many credit Slash being on them for the reason why, then how come they get ZERO radio play. 

Could it be that whoever says they think these songs are better than anything on Chinese Democracy understands the concept of personal preference and you don't?

• Like 2

I had a dream last night that I was reading this thread again and someone leaked a bunch of snippets from the supposed “new album” and they all sounded terrible. One thing to note though was that this supposed “new album” was Axl singing over unfinished velvet revolver tracks. I don’t think we will ever actually get a new album, mind you, but it was an interesting dream nonetheless.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

If Guns want to get played on the radio then they need to ditch the CD era. That whole era is full of mid tempo songs with no real guitar riffs and lyrics about all the people that wronged Axl in the 90s. People don’t really relate to that. 

Hardskool would be a great radio song ...How about all of the slow mind numbing depressing grunge songs that still get played every day? Moot point

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Could it be that whoever says they think these songs are better than anything on Chinese Democracy understands the concept of personal preference and you don't?

i literally followed my point up with IMO .. I love how whenever I take the time to say IMO fuckheads like you come out of the wood work to talk about "personal preference" ... Fuck off. My post was about the fact that new GnR songs get 0 radio play and their contemporaries do

16 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

i literally followed my point up with IMO .. I love how whenever I take the time to say IMO fuckheads like you come out of the wood work to talk about "personal preference" ... Fuck off. My post was about the fact that new GnR songs get 0 radio play and their contemporaries do

And I was commenting on the part of your post where you expressed surprise that someone could love these songs yet they are not played on the radio. 

And if you you can't deal with people commenting on your opinions, if you get all aggressive when people do, then maybe not share your stupid opinions on a public message board?