10/01/23 - San Diego, CA - Snapdragon Stadium

downzy

18 hours ago, Jwalker19 said:

Am I the only one that feels like in the last few shows Axl has been moving around more and trying harder on his vocal techniques? I feel like I'm seeing more running, dancing, gestures, better overall vocals, longer sustained notes, etc. He seems like he's having a better time than usual and putting in more effort. I wonder what it's attributed to. I remember some people talking about the humidity or some shit 😂. I wonder if he's happier because he's completely over his illness or something.

I think the illness curtailed a lot of what you mention....try working when you're ill, it's impossible to give 100% and certainly all the bells and whistles go, you just get through it....even more of a thing If you're a performer...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WhazUp said:

This was the first Madagascar I caught live since the UCAP tour in 2012 and the LA Forum show in 2011 and honestly it kicked ass, especially during the MLK speech bit - the guitar work was heavy and the buildup felt massive.  I always felt like the song gets a major glow-up from being live, every version I have heard live I get immersed in way more than the studio version

Street of Dreams too, it was great hearing that and I thought Slash's lead was fairly well done

My first time seeing them was rhay tour (Feb 2012).  And that's the last time I Saw them do Street of Dreams.  

• Like 1

On 10/2/2023 at 5:02 PM, Blackstar said:

He was moving around a lot (and running, doing dance moves, being expressive, etc.) at the European shows, too. Maybe he wasn't doing that too much during the first NA shows because he was not feeling well.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.

On 10/2/2023 at 5:49 PM, 6lake sa66ath said:

Power Trip.

That's a solid point. I didn't even realize that was next.

On 10/3/2023 at 8:02 AM, colonizedmind said:

I think the illness curtailed a lot of what you mention....try working when you're ill, it's impossible to give 100% and certainly all the bells and whistles go, you just get through it....even more of a thing If you're a performer...

For sure! I'm getting over a cold myself right now and work yesterday was a pain in the ass at one point because of how I felt and yes, my line of work is not even close to comparable to Axl's. 😂

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...