09/15/23 - Hollywood, FL - Hard Rock Live

downzy

Well i'm not trying to fat shame our guy but is it me or has he gained weight again? Well it is pretty noticeable to my eyes compared to the Perhaps vid or even to the earlier shows from June

Maybe that's another reason he is not sounding as good as Abu Dhabi imo

Edit: I just watched WTTJ from the previous page and it gave me 2019 vibes, i hope it's because he is been on the road for a long time now and not that he is letting himself go again

Edited by metalavenger99
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, Bluefish18 said:

Have they been using backing tracks on Perhaps the whole time?  Tonight was the first time it seemed obvious (42:33).  

No, they've listened to the mixes, realised Axl needs support in the chorus, maybe thats why it missed last show, to re-think the approach....they've boasted Melissa and especially Duff and Axl is still singing along with most of it too while doing the refrains.....best version along with early September show for me....

3 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

Well i'm not trying to fat shame our guy but is it me or has he gained weight again? Well it is pretty noticeable to my eyes compared to the Perhaps vid or even to the earlier shows from June

I've thought the same too, the t-shirts have been looking tighter....but I'd decided not to mention it...what can we say, he likes his steaks and beer! Maybe when he got ill, he didn't do the gym for a few weeks! I started noticing about a month ago....you?

1 hour ago, Gnrcane said:

I was at the same prior shows as you but I also saw them in 2021 at this venue.  I would say that the 2021 show was the best I've heard Axl sound in person since the reunion.  It was the last show of the tour and they weren't playing again for several months.  Axl seemed to really let it rip that night and bring out the rasp on a lot of songs that he normally doesn't.  The Patience outro that night was as close as I've heard to the 90's and Paradise City had the most rasp of any version I've listened to since the reunion.

He wasn't at that level last night but it was definitely one of the better vocal performances of recent years.  At the beginning of the show I thought the vocals were really good.  As the night went on there were a few moments that he struggled a little bit.  I agree on Hard Skool.  On that one it just seems like he can't catch his breath.  

I do have to give Axl a ton of credit for continuing to deliver high energy shows over 3 hours and putting everything he has into singing and not using autotune or backing tracks to double up the vocals.  I'm amazed that he can perform Coma as well as he does when he didn't even do it in his prime.

I did notice that he dropped the "you in the jungle baby, you're gonna die........" from the beginning of Jungle.  I don't know if that's the new standard way he does it or it was just this show.

Been that way for ages now....

3 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

I think he has sounded more or less the same the whole tour so far.

He does seem to have gained a bit of weight recently (although it may depend on the video or picture angle, too). Maybe it's from traveling on a tour bus for the NA tour and eating junk food from gas stations.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • PERHAPS 1

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

I've thought the same too, the t-shirts have been looking tighter....but I'd decided not to mention it...what can we say, he likes his steaks and beer! Maybe when he got ill, he didn't do the gym for a few weeks! I started noticing about a month ago....you?

Exactly, i didn't wanted to say it, but i've noticed it since they got to America... Maybe being on tour fucks up his diet and he is going all out on having fun , well i guess that's totally fair for his age tbh 

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

He does seem to have gained a bit of weight recently (although it may depend on the video or picture angle, too). Maybe it's from traveling on a tour bus for the NA tour and eating junk food from gas stations.

That's exactly what i thought 100%

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I was there! Best show ever!

Axl, Slash...please never stop!

We were afraid of St. Louis Cancellation, we have to travel to US from my country....we had plane and concert tickets. We were 6, I almost decline to travel but we decide to go AND if the concert were cancel, well we always have fun in Fort Lauderdale. Knoxville was a sign of relief.

The Warning Is awesome. Trio of mexican girls. Awesome performers. GNR came out with all cilinders. Perhaps Is incredible and Estranged...always cry with that song. Coma, Patience and Paradise City...the end. I Will never understand the people who wants a show with only 2 hours...this one was 3 hours AND 10 minutes AND I wanted more AND More. The final bow give me sadness....this Is the fourth show that I saw AND I felt a little like a goodbye...I wanted to wait if I saw Axl at the end....but my husband want to go to party in Las Olas. 

Hi Georgina! Did you come up to me in the restaurant and ask about my shirt? If not, forgive me 😂

43 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Been that way for ages now....

Define "ages."  I saw 2 shows in 2021 and he 100% did it at one of them (replacing "in the Jungle") with the location of the show and I'm pretty sure he did the same at the other show but I'd have to find a video.

44 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Are they really bussing around at this stage in their career? 

47 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

He has gained weight and I bet Is from that @Blackstar

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Are they really bussing around at this stage in their career? 

They have a private jet for the international tours, but in NA they travel on bus (or at least Axl does).

Regarding the Jungle intro: I haven't watched many videos of Jungle from the latest tours and I skip it when watching a stream (because it has become painful to listen to), but based on a couple I have watched, I'm under the impression that Axl hasn't done the "You're in the jungle.... you're gonna die" line at the shows of this year or at least at most of them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Axls Rocket Queen said:

Maybe it's to do with being sick +/- the meds he was having issues with?
To me he only looks bigger around the stomach area and not really anywhere else, and noticeably so in a very short space of time, which to me would suggest more bloating than actual weight gain.

Not that it matters :lol:

Totally agree, It has been confirmed by himself that doctors give him drugs that fucked up his voice, that was the reason of cancelling St Louis

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Axls Rocket Queen said:

Maybe it's to do with being sick +/- the meds he was having issues with?
To me he only looks bigger around the stomach area and not really anywhere else, and noticeably so in a very short space of time, which to me would suggest more bloating than actual weight gain.

Not that it matters :lol:

Yes, the weight gain is mostly if not exclusively around that area - which has never completely gone anyway since he first got it. That's the most difficult area to lose weight on, especially after a certain age.

40 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Define "ages."  I saw 2 shows in 2021 and he 100% did it at one of them (replacing "in the Jungle") with the location of the show and I'm pretty sure he did the same at the other show but I'd have to find a video.

Ages as in 60+ shows....

5 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

Totally agree, It has been confirmed by himself that doctors give him drugs that fucked up his voice, that was the reason of cancelling St Louis

Has he tweeted or?

7 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Ages as in 60+ shows....

Has he tweeted or?

There is a conversation on Reddit where a girl meta him after the last show in Lexington I think and she said to him that he sounded amazing last night with the problema he has before and he answer that doctors prescribed him drugs that fucked up his voice

Just now, Dani_1455 said:

There is a conversation on Reddit where a girl meta him after the last show in Lexington I think and she said to him that he sounded amazing last night with the problema he has before and he answer that doctors prescribed him drugs that fucked up his voice

Well yea, there's plenty of drugs that will cure ya but do other things like that to ya....so understandable.

3 minutes ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

The outro bit of Perhaps is still missing, which is something I think Axl could really sustain the last note out on and get a good reception from the crowd.

He did it....didn't he? Basically as long as on the record, or close....it would be cool if be did it longer but he sang the crazy line too, he'd need to drop that to extend it...

8 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

No point getting planes all the time when you're travelling an hour or two sometimes....?

I looked it up a little bit and the cities they've played recently are between 6- and 12-hour drive from each other, so although in most cases it's not as much as travelling all day, it's not a couple of hours either.