09/15/23 - Hollywood, FL - Hard Rock Live

downzy

25 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I agree. I wasn't being judgemental, btw. I have never been and haven't even commented on Axl's weight too often. I just made an observation because, for some reason, Axl's appearance is a recurrent topic on the forums.

Not long ago, one of the most popular theories about the shape of Axl's voice was that its deterioration was due to his weight gain. At least that ridiculous theory has been put to rest now.

Pavarotti seemed to sing well with a lot of extra weight! As well as a lot of female opera singers that led to the saying about it not being over until the fat lady sings!

Edited by Gnrcane
  • Like 1

Just now, Gnrcane said:

Pavarotti seemed to sing well with a lot of extra weight!

Exactly. I remember an old thread about Axl's voice where someone had developed a whole pseudo-scientific argument about how Axl's weight affected his voice and how the Pavarotti example was irrelevant.

Having said all that, and although the shape of Axl's voice is what matters the most and certainly more than his physical shape, I like seeing him look good (without judging him when he doesn't). I have really enjoyed seeing pictures from this tour. Not only does Axl look the best he has looked since 2006 or even since the '90s, but the pictures also capture the on stage energy of the whole band (Axl included, despite his vocal issues).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

But it can also be partially temporary and that area may be more bloated on some days than on othes for various reasons (e.g. after having a few beers, or because of a digestive system condition of because of medication, etc.).

And then, of course, it's the clothes and the angle of pictures/videos.

Too much carbs, sugar, empty calories, carbonated drinks = not good. If people would pay just a little more attention to details of nutrition, it would only be for the better. Intermittent fasting, leafy greens and fish instead of meat for just three weeks works wonders, especially if you need to take whatever medicine. No need to go on an actual diet or workout much.

That being said, those pictures taken at shows are not to the advantage of anyone. Everyone's got a camera, but no one seems to to have ever heard about angles and composition. I think he looks alright all things considered, although his overall posture could be improved (would make singing easier for him too). Send him to my boot camp and he will look and sound 10 years younger in a matter of days. No gas station food under my watch lol. :lol:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, meadsoap said:

Go back and read my comments, because that's the opposite of what I said. Or you're being willfully ignorant because you think it discredits me. I know you're a mod here, and it's in your best interest to continue the toxic culture. If you actually gave af about it, you would be responding to the people making fat jokes about a sick man and not worrying yourself about me.

I didn’t even get involved in the discussion but I just wanted to say you’re acting like a moron. Firstly, I haven’t seen anyone here making any hateful comments about Axl’s weight so when you say “making fat jokes about a sick man” - it’s extremely exaggerated or even false statement. I’m sure that the person who first noticed his weight gain in that thread didn’t do that to make fun of him but rather to imply their concern about his health. If you can’t distinguish making hateful and unnecessary comments or judgments from stating a fact than it’s your problem and you have no reason to overreact like that.

Secondly, if that kind of jokes trigger you so much than I’d suggest getting rid of internet and isolating yourself from society. No matter how hard you try, you can’t change some people’s mentality. Yes, humans are cruel, always have been and always will be. There is always some douche in any community you will find. But from my experience, people here are really kind and polite in most cases. 

Don’t go to youtube or facebook comments about GNR cause you’ll propably get a heart attack from the amount of hate that is spilled on Axl Rose.

21 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

I didn’t even get involved in the discussion but I just wanted to say you’re acting like a moron. Firstly, I haven’t seen anyone here making any hateful comments about Axl’s weight so when you say “making fat jokes about a sick man” - it’s extremely exaggerated or even false statement. I’m sure that the person who first noticed his weight gain in that thread didn’t do that to make fun of him but rather to imply their concern about his health. If you can’t distinguish making hateful and unnecessary comments or judgments from stating a fact than it’s your problem and you have no reason to overreact like that.

Secondly, if that kind of jokes trigger you so much than I’d suggest getting rid of internet and isolating yourself from society. No matter how hard you try, you can’t change some people’s mentality. Yes, humans are cruel, always have been and always will be. There is always some douche in any community you will find. But from my experience, people here are really kind and polite in most cases. 

Don’t go to youtube or facebook comments about GNR cause you’ll propably get a heart attack from the amount of hate that is spilled on Axl Rose.

If I'm a moron for telling people not to make jokes about a sick person's appearance (and they were, look at the "who ate all the pussy" joke sent off), then I'll gladly be a moron for the rest of my days.

Especially when there's a chance the changes in him might not be food related at all (cortisone and the like are far from the only meds that caused bloating). I don't care how common it is. It is wrong, and I'll call it out everytime. 

Edited by meadsoap

12 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

and they absolutely were, look at the "who ate all the pussy" joke somebody sent off

You must be fun at parties, aren’t you? :lol:

In my eyes, that joke is aimed at his t-shirt (which is fucking cringe btw) more than at his physical appearance but if you’re taking that as an insult then I don’t think I want to continue this discussion.

I’m sure you’re a good person but you should consider trying not to take everything so seriously, especially when you’re visiting online forums.

Edited by sl4yer
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, meadsoap said:

Maybe you weren't, but that is what this discussion quickly devolved into...as it always does. In this forum, people can't make observations without being cruel and judgemental, and that is the true reason why this message board is dying and will continue to die.

The culture here disgusts people, and they will continue disappear one by one as the have been doing for a while. It is what it is.

re the bolded;

1. This board is not dying

2. How would you know who disappeared?

I think you are overreacting to the max and you've made several references about the forum being toxic. You are clearly not happy being here so why do you stay? 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Exactly. I remember an old thread about Axl's voice where someone had developed a whole pseudo-scientific argument about how Axl's weight affected his voice and how the Pavarotti example was irrelevant.

Having said all that, and although the shape of Axl's voice is what matters the most and certainly more than his physical shape, I like seeing him look good (without judging him when he doesn't). I have really enjoyed seeing pictures from this tour. Not only does Axl look the best he has looked since 2006 or even since the '90s, but the pictures also capture the on stage energy of the whole band (Axl included, despite his vocal issues).

Most importantly Axl seems to be having fun on stage and interacting with the crowd.  At this show he waved, pointed and smiled at people in the crowd several times.  When he asked the crowd "how ya doing?" he pointed out a guy who motioned "cheers" with his drink back in the crowd somewhere.  He told a couple of jokes, after Perhaps clarifying that he wasn't wrong.  Before Patience (I think) he said, "this next one is from the Tom Jones collection" and then said he "thought we were in Vegas."

During KOHD he yelled out "Hollywood" (where the venue is technically) and got a good cheer, and then yelled out "Ft. Lauderdale" to another cheer and then "Miami" before finishing with "Hard Rock."  When there wasn't much response to the last one he shrugged his shoulders and made a "what?" type of face.

Point is that he seems to be enjoying performing which hopefully means he will want to put out some new songs and then do another tour or two while he can still put on a good, high energy show.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, metalavenger99 said:

Regarding a live BluRay, what really intrigues me about the footage is the moment at 2:51

Is that a photo shoot? They are all in the same room and there's a lighting setup, could that be the cover for a live release? 

RE the scene at 2:51 that looks like where they took the band photo at Glastonbury

18 hours ago, janrichmond said:

re the bolded;

1. This board is not dying

2. How would you know who disappeared?

I think you are overreacting to the max and you've made several references about the forum being toxic. You are clearly not happy being here so why do you stay? 

I actually happen to think of all the GNR boards, this is the only one I stick around for, as it's the best rounded one. Praise and good vibes are usually given out when the band does good stuff, plenty of that this year! When they're doing years like 2022, people are honest and call it out. GNR are in a invisible contract with us and us them....it works both ways! I'd say, most people on here give credit and are fair, in fact it doesn't take much to please most of us starved folks here....

I like that here we don't pussy foot around or fall at the band's feet unnecessarily, unlike some other places...if that's what you want, there are forums for that fawning....

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

https://streamable.com/cvoji9

Is this what he said?

Oh, and by the way, I wasn't wrong in what we just sang. That's the song, time will tell, perhaps... No, no, I just wasn't.

I think it was, "Oh, and, a, by the way, I wasn't wrong, I'm just saying. It's a song, at the time we thought, perhaps. No, nah, I just wasn't."

I heard the "I'm just saying" and "at the time we thought" very clearly live.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

I think it was, "Oh, and, a, by the way, I wasn't wrong, I'm just saying. It's a song, at the time we thought, perhaps. No, nah, I just wasn't."

I heard the "I'm just saying" and "at the time we thought" very clearly live.

Anyone has any idea what the fuck he's talking about? I know he's referring to the lyrics, but I don't know what to make of it. What was he not wrong about?

13 minutes ago, sakuL_ said:

Anyone has any idea what the fuck he's talking about? I know he's referring to the lyrics, but I don't know what to make of it. What was he not wrong about?

I guess that he wasn't wrong about what (e.g. the person) he thought he might have been wrong about when he wrote the song.

1 minute ago, sakuL_ said:

Right, so I guess that pretty much rules out the song is about Slash/old band as someone was interpreting.

Yeah, I didn't think that at least the verses were about Slash or the band. The mood in the lyrics of the chorus is different, which creates an interesting contrast. Maybe the chorus is about a different theme (e.g. Slash) or showcases contradictory feelings about the same themes the verses are about.

In Loudwire site appear it: "a young GNR fan was given the experience over the weekend during the show in FL . It was special for a young gunner, who flow from Boston to Florida with one of his parents. According the parents first Reddit post they got VIP tickets for the show, the day after the perfomance, they shared another post in Reddit, which featured a phothograpy of the boy watching the show from the side of the stage. "We flew to Hollywood to last night show at the Hard Rock for my son's 9h birthday and he watched from the stage. Much love to GN'R, crew and Team Brazil".

• Like 1

One other thing I remembered about Axl's good mood and joking.  When he introduced Slash, after the last "on the guitar," he mimed with his hands like he was pulling a rope loop to open a curtain.  On his way off of the stage he was smiling and nodding at somebody on the side and doing the same motion.

On 9/17/2023 at 5:10 AM, agustingloger said:

Slash playing TWAT was My biggest "what if..." before the reunion. Stills hypes me up. He kills it here i don't know why most of You Don't like what Slash does with CD stuff. I don't know much about guitar but i like what i hear 

With all due respect, Slash looks like an amateur playing TWA's outro.

I'm ashamed of him.

A bunch  you guys were making fun of Finck & Buckethead,  Slash is much worse playing Chinese songs than the others playing AFD! 

Fate is cruel! Hauhahauha