09/15/23 - Hollywood, FL - Hard Rock Live

downzy

3 hours ago, IzzysMissy said:

Small rooms are always premium prices - I saw the financials for the last time they played a similar sized room in NJ (either last year or right before covid) and the cheapest ticket face value was like $450! I’m sure that Plat, their vip stuff and the reselling market sent those into the stratosphere!

I love seeing big bands in small rooms though so I’m often happy to pay a premium for that experience.

It was pricey, but that Saturday night show in AC in 2021 was fuckin phenomenal!

Setlist: It’s So Easy, Bad Obsession, Chinese Democracy, Slither, Mr. Brownstone, Hard Skool, Rumble/Welcome To The Jungle, Pretty Tied Up, Perhaps, Double Talkin' Jive, You Could Be Mine, Absurd, Reckless Life, Estranged, Live And Let Die, Down On The Farm, Rocket Queen, Anything Goes, T.V. Eye, There Was A Time, Civil War/(Voodoo Child), Band Introductions, Slash Solo/Sweet Child O’ Mine, November Rain, Wichita Lineman, Only Women Bleed/Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Nightrain
Encore: People Get Ready/Coma, Patience, Paradise City

(HTGTH)

Edited by gabmmor
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Great show. On the rail near the edge of the stage on Slash's side was incredible. Watching him play from 6 feet away is something I'll never forget. The sound was great. They had little speakers in front of the stage so I could clearly hear all of the layers of sound included all of the backing vocals. 

A couple of times I could hear the strumming of Slash's guitar strings directly. Axl was in a good mood and pretty chatty. He clarified after Perhaps that he wasn't wrong.  He complemented the venue and said he was being genuine. Towards the end of the show his IEM box died and he yelled over to side stage, "it's dead." I never thought I'd be close enough to hear Axl on stage without a microphone.

It is interesting that he spends his time during the instrumental parts rotating between blowing his nose, hocking loogies and telling jokes to Melissa.. 

Set list was very good and Axl sounded good for the most part. I didn't think I was transported to 1991 but it was good enough that I prefer what I heard tonight to singing high pitched songs in baritone. I'm not positive but I think Melissa might actually sing the screams in Absurd. Axl kept pointing to her and it looked like she was singing. If she was triggering a recording she wouldn't need Axl to give her a queue nor would he point out that she's doing a good job pressing a button.

That's it for now. Maybe I'll have some other comments tomorrow.

Enjoyed it! Thanks for meeting up and our plan worked out great 😊

I don’t have much to add other than this was my wife’s 4 GNR show and afterwards she said she couldn’t believe how great Axl sounded compared to the last 3 shows.

It was an incredible night. 

Jwalker were you and your mom in the pit? Maybe that was you behind us?

• Like 4

13 hours ago, General2112 said:

What does that mean. Intimate date of the tour. 

This venue is very well designed so the seats don't get to far from the stage. Even though it holds 10k people the worst seat is better than a lot of the "closer" seats in an area and better than almost any seat in a stadium. From the stage you can see clear faces in the upper level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gnrcane said:

Great show. On the rail near the edge of the stage on Slash's side was incredible. Watching him play from 6 feet away is something I'll never forget. The sound was great. They had little speakers in front of the stage so I could clearly hear all of the layers of sound including all of the backing vocals. 

A couple of times I could hear the strumming of Slash's guitar strings directly. Axl was in a good mood and pretty chatty. He clarified after Perhaps that he wasn't wrong.  He complemented the venue and said he was being genuine. Towards the end of the show his IEM box died and he yelled over to side stage, "it's dead." I never thought I'd be close enough to hear Axl on stage without a microphone.

It is interesting that he spends his time during the instrumental parts rotating between blowing his nose, hocking loogies and telling jokes to Melissa.. 

Set list was very good and Axl sounded good for the most part. I didn't think I was transported to 1991 but it was good enough that I prefer what I heard tonight to singing high pitched songs in baritone. I'm not positive but I think Melissa might actually sing the screams in Absurd. Axl kept pointing to her and it looked like she was singing. If she was triggering a recording she wouldn't need Axl to give her a cue nor would he point out that she's doing a good job pressing a button.

That's it for now. Maybe I'll have some other comments tomorrow.

That sounds like an awesome experience. Seeing Slash that close ripping through solos would be unforgettable.

Gotta say. Just got some shivers....

Axl's obviously had his earpods in the last week listening to Perhaps...

FUCK YES! He sang all 4 "All Alones" in both places last night for the first time and the last one was immense! He did a lot of the other bits too but I like how it's never been performed twice exactly the same, makes it more interesting than the same all the time! 

Chorus Bv's much higher now too! 🤟

I hope this IS how he does it going forward though...Perhaps is by far the best and most rounded song they've put out since CD! 

Last night by a quick scan was a really good '23 vocal performance for my 2 cent. To think we thought the whole tour was in trouble a week ago!

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

Well, when two people love each other...

Slash and Axl are going to consummate the reunion.

But Dizzy forgot the ring....he said Slash was meant to have it...ya know, history.

8 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Glad they haven’t dropped Perhaps. If I get a setlist like this in San Diego im walking away a happy camper. 

Have you heard it....mostly the best so far. First time singing all the chrous refrains!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BDubs said:

More of a lurker on here. Infrequent poster…but I was there last night and I have to say, wow what a show!  Third time seeing them in Florida (2016 Orlando, 2017 Miami). This was by far the best, probably biased since I was in the pit this time, but the acoustics in a smaller intimate venue definitely do the band’s sound some favors. Especially Axl’s vocals. 

Perhaps was a highlight and I was glad to be there for it. Axl has a come along way singing it since the first debut of it weeks back. Hard Skool was pretty rough and the set list wouldn’t miss it. Absurd is actually pretty kickass tune live. Final comment, anyone else wish they would drop “Coma”? I was thrilled initially when they brought it back in 16’ but at this point you could fit two or three additional songs into the set with that 10 minute time slot!

Yea....I thought Coma had kinda drifted away but they seem to be bringing back again of late....remember it's a Slash favourite to play, for obvious reasons...I think it should be a special occasion rotational, agree with that!

Yep, we could have like

---------------------------------------

Since I Don't Have You (Lower Axl) / Back Off Bitch (rotate)

Right Next Door To Hell (lower Axl) / The Garden (rotate)

Dust N Bones / 14 Years (both with Duff N Ax)  (rotate)

Hoping before they hang it up, some of those get an outing! I mean why not, bet nobody thought Anything Goes would make it outta the 80s! I'd say all bets are off, apart from OIAM...yea, that's not coming back, unless Trump pulls it out for his one of his intro walk-ons...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BDubs said:

More of a lurker on here. Infrequent poster…but I was there last night and I have to say, wow what a show!  Third time seeing them in Florida (2016 Orlando, 2017 Miami). This was by far the best, probably biased since I was in the pit this time, but the acoustics in a smaller intimate venue definitely do the band’s sound some favors. Especially Axl’s vocals. 

Perhaps was a highlight and I was glad to be there for it. Axl has a come along way singing it since the first debut of it weeks back. Hard Skool was pretty rough and the set list wouldn’t miss it. Absurd is actually pretty kickass tune live. Final comment, anyone else wish they would drop “Coma”? I was thrilled initially when they brought it back in 16’ but at this point you could fit two or three additional songs into the set with that 10 minute time slot!

I was at the same prior shows as you but I also saw them in 2021 at this venue.  I would say that the 2021 show was the best I've heard Axl sound in person since the reunion.  It was the last show of the tour and they weren't playing again for several months.  Axl seemed to really let it rip that night and bring out the rasp on a lot of songs that he normally doesn't.  The Patience outro that night was as close as I've heard to the 90's and Paradise City had the most rasp of any version I've listened to since the reunion.

He wasn't at that level last night but it was definitely one of the better vocal performances of recent years.  At the beginning of the show I thought the vocals were really good.  As the night went on there were a few moments that he struggled a little bit.  I agree on Hard Skool.  On that one it just seems like he can't catch his breath.  

I do have to give Axl a ton of credit for continuing to deliver high energy shows over 3 hours and putting everything he has into singing and not using autotune or backing tracks to double up the vocals.  I'm amazed that he can perform Coma as well as he does when he didn't even do it in his prime.

I did notice that he dropped the "you in the jungle baby, you're gonna die........" from the beginning of Jungle.  I don't know if that's the new standard way he does it or it was just this show.

• Like 2