09/15/23 - Hollywood, FL - Hard Rock Live

downzy

18 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

No point getting planes all the time when you're travelling an hour or two sometimes....?

For the shorter trips it definitely makes sense.  Hollywood, FL to Atlanta is almost a 9 hour drive.  I guess if they don't have a private jet then it's better to drive 9 hours on a luxury bus than deal with trying to get through an airport and flying with the public.  

Although he may not be quite as famous as Axl, I've been on flights from Las Vegas to Miami that I saw Steve Aoki on in first class (him, not me) and nobody seemed to bother him and he didn't appear to have any security with him.  

1 minute ago, Axls Rocket Queen said:

Probably a lot more eco-friendly to be using the bus for shorter distances than a private jet too, but I haven't done the math on that :shrugs:

If they are each on their own bus I doubt it is "a lot" more efficient.  Maybe a little bit but if they all flew on the same smaller jet it might actually be more efficient.

13 hours ago, B5Redeye said:

Enjoyed it! Thanks for meeting up and our plan worked out great 😊

I don’t have much to add other than this was my wife’s 4 GNR show and afterwards she said she couldn’t believe how great Axl sounded compared to the last 3 shows.

It was an incredible night. 

Jwalker were you and your mom in the pit? Maybe that was you behind us?

Nah, we were up in the bleeds, but it was still a good view.

One other observation which I assume they are doing everywhere but they put carpet down on the stage. I noticed when a few guys were vacuuming with cordless Dyson vacuums between The Warning and GNR. I wonder if it's too give better traction so Axl doesn't slip and fall.

58 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

For the shorter trips it definitely makes sense.  Hollywood, FL to Atlanta is almost a 9 hour drive.  I guess if they don't have a private jet then it's better to drive 9 hours on a luxury bus than deal with trying to get through an airport and flying with the public.  

Although he may not be quite as famous as Axl, I've been on flights from Las Vegas to Miami that I saw Steve Aoki on in first class (him, not me) and nobody seemed to bother him and he didn't appear to have any security with him.  

If they are each on their own bus I doubt it is "a lot" more efficient.  Maybe a little bit but if they all flew on the same smaller jet it might actually be more efficient.

Axl slash and duff I’m SURE each have their own Star Bus (bedroom in the back and a few support bunks in the front)

they are quite comfy for the Star I think, everyone else travels 12 to a bus!

On international tours, border crossing would be much harder in a bus than using a plane and arriving at airports. All these countries have different laws and customs, and who wants to deal with riding up on clueless military stooges at various checkpoints on the road. Not to mention there are some highly dangerous areas in some of the continents they visit. It's better to just fly over everything to make things simple and safe.

In the US, border crossing between states is simple because it's all one (huge) country. And most of it is just empty land, so the danger is less.

2 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

I assume each using their own bus is a privacy thing. From what I understand, Axl travels with Beta and her children so that's basically his family right there with him. Slash has a girlfriend and usually plenty of projects going on, so he might appreciate some privacy too. Duff is married and probably working on his next book or something. I guess it's just a grown up thing. I don't hate my co workers but I wouldn't want to travel long distances with them for months unless I absolutely have to.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jwalker19 said:

I noticed this too. 😂 I don't think pussy is the only thing he's been eating.

That looks like an air statue by the t-shirt stand that's been overinflated....

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

He was definitely looking better during the European tour.

image.png

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

He was definitely looking better during the European tour.

image.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

My dad just died a month ago and things are still really rough, so I can imagine how you must have felt.

I'm glad you got to see TWAT live...it's one of my favorite songs and it's cool that it's remained a special "rarity" over the years.  Hearing it live is like winning a GNR lottery!

I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

My loss has been extremely tough, but I've been trying to stay optimistic and have heard multiple people tell me that it gets better as time goes on.

As for There was a Time, I love how you compared it to winning the lottery. I genuinely never felt like I would see it live in person, especially with other diehards that have tried numerous times to no avail. I will never forget that moment for the rest of my life. It was super powerful, emotional and deep. It gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

He has gained weight and I bet Is from that @Blackstar

I find it hard to grasp that rockstar millionaires stop at gas stations to buy stuff :D But I saw Beta's clip so they obviously do. I think Axl worked hard with training and diet before the tour, while flying during the European leg it might have been easier to keep it up. 

• Like 1

People's weight goes up and down. I've gone from 80kg down to 72 back up to 75 now all in the past few months. He doesn't look anywhere near as big as 2019 where it looked like the added weight actually hindered his performance (very slow moving around the stage etc.).

1 minute ago, agustingloger said:

Slash playing TWAT was My biggest "what if..." before the reunion. Stills hypes me up. He kills it here i don't know why most of You Don't like what Slash does with CD stuff. I don't know much about guitar but i like what i hear 

I really liked his TWAT solos this year at Paris and what I saw online from Toronto and a couple of other shows. The solos at this show were a bit different and not as much to my liking but still pretty good.