09/09/23 - St. Louis, MO - Busch Stadium

downzy

8 hours ago, ComaSTL said:

Could it be the real reason they cancelled was so Duff could be with his wife in NYC?

ZERO chance. They aren't eating a few hundred grams in partial setup and teardown for that. He knew she'd be there far in advance. If he felt he needed to be there he had months to arrange a replacement bassist for the show or work with the promoter to change the date before spending money.

Metallica is in St. Louis 11/3 and 11/5 - Slash’s g-friend purportedly said show would be rescheduled for early November - what an epic weekend and tons of additional ticket sales for both bands - that is my bet GNR Saturday 11/4 location to be determined - maybe use Dome where Metallica will play the other two nights so weather not an issue!!!

3 hours ago, makdaddy said:

Metallica is in St. Louis 11/3 and 11/5 - Slash’s g-friend purportedly said show would be rescheduled for early November - what an epic weekend and tons of additional ticket sales for both bands - that is my bet GNR Saturday 11/4 location to be determined - maybe use Dome where Metallica will play the other two nights so weather not an issue!!!

So Metallica is going to tear down and rebuild their stage between shows so that another tour can use the venue? Doubtful 

After nearly a week of haggling I was able to get my $ back from the hotel (never never NEVER use trip.com). Because it is so rare to be able to do anything together with our older children and we had a sitter for our younger ones we pivoted and traveled to Indy instead to see the last date of the Smashing Pumpkins tour. Great show and great memories. Still bummed about the postponement and not sure it will end up working out for us but at least we were able to make the best of it. I know that wasn’t an option for everyone. 

• Like 1