09/09/23 - St. Louis, MO - Busch Stadium

downzy

2 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Ooooof only like 2 or 3 shows in… this was a tour that’s been on the books since 2020… supposed to play off that summer. They kept pushing because of STs vocal issues and they were finally given the green light. Awful situation, I hope he heals…

11 minutes ago, IzzysMissy said:

Ooooof only like 2 or 3 shows in… this was a tour that’s been on the books since 2020… supposed to play off that summer. They kept pushing because of STs vocal issues and they were finally given the green light. Awful situation, I hope he heals…

Sad times. It wouldn't shock me if the rest of the Aerosmith tour was scrapped, and with only a handful of GN'R shows left, and those all being TBD with Axl's situation....could be saying good night to 2 of the best rock & roll bands ever at the same time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bluefish18 said:

Sad times. It wouldn't shock me if the rest of the Aerosmith tour was scrapped, and with only a handful of GN'R shows left, and those all being TBD with Axl's situation....could be saying good night to 2 of the best rock & roll bands ever at the same time.

Aerosmith....maybe, hard to say right now, but Gn'R is not going away anytime soon is my guess

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bluefish18 said:

What's axl's situation? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bluefish18 said:

Not a hope gnr is going anywhere. Axl is a bit sick with a flu or something and it's messing with his voice, he'll be on antibiotics and steroid shots to be functional and finish out the tour. Not even a question. Aerosmith are a little older and have had several cancellations of late each time they've went back on the road... so who knows, they might just say enough is enough.

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Not a hope gnr is going anywhere. Axl is a bit sick with a flu or something and it's messing with his voice, he'll be on antibiotics and steroid shots to be functional and finish out the tour. Not even a question. Aerosmith are a little older and have had several cancellations of late each time they've went back on the road... so who knows, they might just say enough is enough.

A flu, pharyngitis or any stuff that compromises the throat, he just need to rest and water for 3... 4 days. 

I still can't imagine them coming back to St Louis and doing a 1 off at that Stadium, I don't think these shows are the huge money makers they had hoped for with all the reduced ticket prices so I am not sure it is in their financial interest to have them schlep back to St Louis and all the extra costs involved to play for a minimal paycheck, not to mention late October/November where it will likely be cold out by showtime and there will probably be alot of refund requests.

Edited by k12
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

A little?  Steven Tyler is like 14 years older than Axl.  Almost old enough that he could be his father.

1 hour ago, k12 said:

I still can't imagine them coming back to St Louis and doing a 1 off at that Stadium, I don't think these shows are the huge money makers they had hoped for with all the reduced ticket prices so I am not sure it is in their financial interest to have them schlep back to St Louis and all the extra costs involved to play for a minimal paycheck, not to mention late October/November where it will likely be cold out by showtime and there will probably be alot of refund requests.

I tend to agree, it's odd the band or management hasn't made any real statement 

1 hour ago, axlinkafayette said:

I tend to agree, it's odd the band or management hasn't made any real statement 

It's not the bands nor its managements responsibility. The promotor is responsible for any possible rescheduled show and any fall out from this particular show that was postponed. The promotor will be working with the venue and all other stake holders to find a potential future date and an announcement will be made by the promotor not the band nor it's management. 

Edited by kiwiguns

5 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

A little?  Steven Tyler is like 14 years older than Axl.  Almost old enough that he could be his father.

Hey I'm just impressed he's still out there sounding as good as he does. I knew he was in his 70s but didn't realise he was 75. Anyway 15yrs goes by pretty quickly 😄

6 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Hey I'm just impressed he's still out there sounding as good as he does. I knew he was in his 70s but didn't realise he was 75. Anyway 15yrs goes by pretty quickly 😄

Definitely impressive.  I passed on getting tickets for their farewell tour because I was worried he wouldn't sound good at that age and wanted my memories from seeing them in the past.

3 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

It's not the bands nor its managements responsibility. The promotor is responsible for any possible rescheduled show and any fall out from this particular show that was postponed. The promotor will be working with the venue and all other stake holders to find a potential future date and an announcement will be made by the promotor not the band nor it's management. 

Eeeehhhhhhh the promoter works with the band and band managers/agents with messaging like that. If I had to guess both sides would be happy to let St Loo go away permanently. Sales weren’t very good, so it works for both ends to scrap it. 

if they were really smart and ballsy they would scrap the Kansas City show that is selling like garbage, and play the St. Louis show in its date which I am guessing sold alot more, it would be kind of messed up to the folks in Kansas City but from a financial point of view it would be beneficial

1 hour ago, IzzysMissy said:

Eeeehhhhhhh the promoter works with the band and band managers/agents with messaging like that. If I had to guess both sides would be happy to let St Loo go away permanently. Sales weren’t very good, so it works for both ends to scrap it. 

Richard would be crying into his coffee though! He had big plans to treat the band to the full "St Louis experience" whatever that exactly entails...any locals? Do you get to react The Warriors or something?