09/09/23 - St. Louis, MO - Busch Stadium

downzy

2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Most people who are buying tickets for others shows are casuals and probably won't even be aware the St. Louis show was postpones anyways.  The ticket sales are mostly set in stone regardless of this

Ticket sales are mostly set in stone? I’d contend a huge chunk of tickets on this tour are purchased close to the day of show. 

6 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Ticket sales are mostly set in stone? I’d contend a huge chunk of tickets on this tour are purchased close to the day of show. 

I would like to see the stats either way, like I said though I would contend a huge percentage of tickets on this tour regardless are gonna be bought by people who either have no idea about a different show in a different city being postponed in a one-off way, or folks who are unbothered by it

Edited by WhazUp

5 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I would like to see the stats either way, like I said though I would content a huge percentage of tickets on this tour regardless are gonna be bought by people who either have no idea about a different show in a different city being postponed in a one-off way, or folks who are unbothered by it

Maybe not, but it would seem to make sense to mention what kind of illness is being dealt with and the typical recovery time considering there are a bunch of upcoming shows. Not a big deal I guess but that was my intended point 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Martin Riggs

4 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Maybe not, but it would seem to make sense to mention what kind of illness is being dealt with and the typical recovery time considering there are a bunch of upcoming shows. Not a big deal I guess but that was my intended point 🤷‍♂️

No one is entitled to that information. Postponing a show of this magnitude is a costly endeavor—a decision not made lightly. While a band member's personal issue is the cause of this situation, the band does not need to give specific medical details to the public. You are wrong. 

Edited by IndiannaRose
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Rarely do bands and artists give details when shows get postponed or cancelled due to health issues. They just don't have to. Look at the RHCP announcement last year, for example:

https://twitter.com/ChiliPeppers/status/1542758156157169665

Springsteen just cancelled a bunch of shows yesterday and told his fans what illness he was dealing with. 

2 minutes ago, IndiannaRose said:

No one is entitled to that information. Postponing a show of this magnitude is a costly endeavor—a decision not made lightly. While a band member's personal issue is the cause of this situation, the band does not need to give specific medical details to the public. You are wrong. 

Never said anyone is entitled. Just seems like it would be wise to be as transparent as possible as it could affect shows that are literally days away. Done debating about it. 

Had floor tickets for the show tomorrow, I'm not sure why everyone is so upset. There have been reports for the last week that Axl was sick . They announced as an official statement more than 24 Hours in advance that it is postponed. Disappointing sure but we shouldn't expect the band to play not feeling well. 

• Like 3