09/09/23 - St. Louis, MO - Busch Stadium

downzy

27 minutes ago, Packersfan#4#12 said:

Well the tour wraps up October 16th so there's still time to reschedule I'd say by the end of October. Might be a bit chilly out but it can be done

That's about the only time they can do it. I remember seeing Pearl Jam at Alpine Valley in October of 2000 and it was about 20 degrees out. It was miserable, but a very memorable show. I just hope the rescheduled date is on a weekend. Either way, come Sunday...Go Bears! 

Edited by GoBucky
  • Like 2

is there a chance they could play back to back days? I can't imagine them playing a show in Vancouver and than loading up all the trucks and everything and drive 2,300 Miles to play a 1 off in St. Louis, they haven't played any back to backs on this tour but last year they played several back to backs, them playing before or after the Kansas City date is my guess if they are going to play the show

4 hours ago, IzzysMissy said:

Before the venue… before the fans… before anyone. Like we give a lot of things a pass on this fan board, but please let’s not start giving a pass to incompetent management. Venue employees who were watching the stage get taken down are the real heroes here.

if it isn’t Axl that’s sick, it’ll be Slash and/or maaaaaaybeeeeee Duff. No other reason other than a steel (the stage build itself) issue would shut this moneytrain down.

Franks job is the 2nd most physical. I’d throw him in there 

get well whoever it is! 

Getting a flight plus hotel for a show to be cancelled sucks. 

43 minutes ago, k12 said:

is there a chance they could play back to back days? I can't imagine them playing a show in Vancouver and than loading up all the trucks and everything and drive 2,300 Miles to play a 1 off in St. Louis, they haven't played any back to backs on this tour but last year they played several back to backs, them playing before or after the Kansas City date is my guess if they are going to play the show

I think GNR (and a lot of stadium acts) have at least 2-3 stage setups. So while one stage is being trucked to Vancouver, another could go to St Louis, and they play the make up show a few days after Vancouver...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

So many heartless people in here who just view the band as a robot or something. These are humans like you and I and clearly they wouldn't cancel unless someone was seriously ill.  Everyone in the band outside of Melissa is at an older age and it could be something serious.  Have a heart and fuck off 

It has to be something where the ill band member is too sick to perform but it doesn't have to be (and hopefully isn't) an actual serious illness.  If Axl has a really bad sore throat he can't sing if it's something that hurts to talk.  I've had really bad colds or the flu that have sapped all of my energy and I couldn't do much more than sleep for 2 or 3 days straight.  If I was a performer, I can't imagine getting myself into a state where I could put on a show.

It could even be a bad ear infection that prevents a band member from being able  to fly.  Who knows but we don't need to jump to conclusions that it is something potentially life threatening because the they are in their late 50s to early 60s and have to cancel a show.

It's possible that they still use pointless COVID protocols and somebody wasn't that ill but tested positive and now has to test negative before they can resume being around the rest of the band.

15 minutes ago, Appetitefordiscussion said:

get well whoever it is! 

I think if Frank, Richard, Dizzy or Melissa were sick and couldn't perform they'd have somebody fill in and just not play songs that the fill in was not capable of doing.  A couple of years ago Aerosmith had Joey Kramer's drum tech fill in after his car accident (or whatever kind of accident it was).

4 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

I think if Frank, Richard, Dizzy or Melissa were sick and couldn't perform they'd have somebody fill in and just not play songs that the fill in was not capable of doing.  A couple of years ago Aerosmith had Joey Kramer's drum tech fill in after his car accident (or whatever kind of accident it was).

Yep this and I would even say Duff is replaceable for a night. Remember when Steven had broke his hand and the drummer from Cinderella stepped in. Or with Metallica lars was sick so they had Dave Lombardo play for a show.

The only two that arent replacable are Axl and Slash. Anyone else they could use a fill in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Appetitefordiscussion said:

get well whoever it is! 

Anybody who is flying to see a concert should be well aware there is always a possibility of that. Hell, I went to China for a couple concerts back in 2016 and I didn’t even know if the government would allow the shows to happen :lol:  The best outlook is you can still have a nice holiday in a different city if everything goes wrong. Does it suck when a gig gets canceled and you e flown to the city? Hell yes. But it doesn’t meant you can’t still enjoy yourself. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, k12 said:

I doubt they'd play back to back shows anymore. If it is Axl that is sick and problems with his throat he will need to take the rest of the tour a bit easier. 

I was at the Tottenham show last year and how that went down. 

I don't think they would risk having to potentially go through that situation again. 

Just hope it's nothing too serious and that all will be good. 

3 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Anybody who is flying to see a concert should be well aware there is always a possibility of that. Hell, I went to China for a couple concerts back in 2016 and I didn’t even know if the government would allow the shows to happen :lol:  The best outlook is you can still have a nice holiday in a different city if everything goes wrong. Does it suck when a gig gets canceled and you e flown to the city? Hell yes. But it doesn’t meant you can’t still enjoy yourself. 

I agree about this. People should know that there is a risk of cancellation. Of course, everyone hopes that everything is going to be ok, but sometimes it happens. Last year after Glasgow cancellation I had tickets for Munich and Milan shows, I remember that nobody was sure about the following Munich show. I decided just to go - if they cancel the gig I can just enjoy the city and have a good time for sightseeing. 

On the other hand I can understand people if they travel just for the show and don't like sightseeing, but they, for sure, should be aware  that there is always possibility that show can be cancelled or postponed.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Yea we know who that someone is ;-) otherwise they would perform.

Ron Thal was on pain killers doing shows every night and that someone didn't give a shit.

That was very sad, but it's not comparable and that's just not because of who was ill (btw, although now it's most likely Axl, we don't have 100% confirmation). That was a long-term situation concerning a whole tour, not just one or a couple of shows. And as harsh as it may seem, it was probably like, "We have to do the tour. If you can't do it, we'll have to find someone else" and Bumblefoot chose to do it. There was a show that was cancelled on that tour, though. The official reason was issues with the venue, but it was the next show after Bumblefoot complained on twitter going on about wanting to quit and kill himself.

Axl has performed while being ill or with a broken foot.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Appetitefordiscussion said:

get well whoever it is! 

I’m sorry!! Sucks to be out of money like that… but I just don’t see a gnr show cancelled for Frank. Not in this (or any) lifetime.