09/09/23 - St. Louis, MO - Busch Stadium

downzy

11 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Are those two a package deal these days?? Good to see they get on well....bit like bros now!

Honestly, I see them pictured together in their spare time more than Slash and Duff (who's usually glued to his wife's side) these days. They really hit it off. Fortus said he even received an offer to join Slash's solo band at one point before the reunion. However, Fortus refused out of loyalty to Axl.

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, meadsoap said:

Honestly, I see them pictured with each other more than Slash and Duff (who's usually glued to his wife's side) these days. They really hit it off. Fortus said he even received an offer to join Slash's solo band at one point before the reunion. However, Fortus refused out of loyalty to Axl.

Ya, Slash clearly rates him as a player and 4Tus had his back with Slash's creds against Nuno....they interact and solo together nicely, especially love then on acoustics together. If we get the miracle of BRAND new music, there's no worries with those two that cool riffs and playing would exist! 

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Sherlock Holmes is on the case.  The clues are starting to fall into place now.  The odds are even between Axl and Dizzy.  Both are equally integral to the show.  Imagine Jungle without the bongos!

Oh yeah, the bongos are very important. But worry not, both Dizzy and his bongos are fine (there is a picture of Dizzy with a fan from yesterday).

So it's down to three now: Axl, Frank and Melissa.

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Oh yeah, the bongos are very important. But worry not, both Dizzy and his bongos are fine (there is a picture of Dizzy with a fan from yesterday).

So it's down to three now: Axl, Frank and Melissa.

If it was Frank they would definitely get a fill in.  Melissa is harder to fill in for on short notice but a lot of the stuff she triggers and the orchestral stuff she plays could probably be done with a backing track.  

It looks like this investigation has come full circle and the member of Guns n' Roses who is ill is also the person who owns the band name.

If he was in a hospital somewhere I'm sure that would have leaked within 10 minutes so whatever it is can't be all that serious from an overall health standpoint.  It could definitely be somewhat serious with respect to his voice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

If it was Frank they would definitely get a fill in.  Melissa is harder to fill in for on short notice but a lot of the stuff she triggers and the orchestral stuff she plays could probably be done with a backing track.  

It looks like this investigation has come full circle and the member of Guns n' Roses who is ill is also the person who owns the band name.

If he was in a hospital somewhere I'm sure that would have leaked within 10 minutes so whatever it is can't be all that serious from an overall health standpoint.  It could definitely be somewhat serious with respect to his voice.

I don't think it would be so easy to get a fill in for Frank in such short notice with the set they're playing. It's not the same as getting Fred Coury to fill in for Steven when they were playing for about an hour and had only one album. Even if they could instantly fly Brain in, they're currently playing a bunch of songs that Brain has never played.

But it's probably something similar to what happened last year and Axl needs some rest and treatment for a few days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

I don't think it would be so easy to get a fill in for Frank in such short notice with the set they're playing. It's not the same as getting Fred Coury to fill in for Steven when they were playing for about an hour and had only one album. Even if they could instantly fly Brain in, they're currently playing a bunch of songs that Brain has never played.

But it's probably something similar to what happened last year and Axl needs some rest and treatment for a few days.

Steven can guest for the AFD stuff.  Brain could play the stuff he knows and they could just leave out the songs he can't learn fast enough.  Steven would probably pay Axl to let him do it so there would be no expense there. :-)

32 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Setlist could change to fill Brains repertoire or he could change up songs a little. 

It wouldnt be too hard for a professional to dissect Franks drums on songs after a few listens.

2 hours ago, k12 said:

What are the odds Izzy was supposed to make a guest appearance but he got sick and they postponed the show?  I would say about 5%

I'd say it is 70% Axl Sick, 15% Frank, 10% Melissa and 5% Izzy looking at the evidence

I might even make that about a 0.000005% for Izzy.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Are those two a package deal these days?? Good to see they get on well....bit like bros now!

Slash likes to surround himself with talented musicians that are easy to get along with.

Myles Kennedy is a good example. Fortus fits the profile very nicely. He is humble, is very good at what he does, etc.

And most importantly they are all guitar nerds lol. Slash once said about Myles Kennedy that he is more a guitar player "who also sings". And Mark Tremonti said of Myles "when you hear a heavy riff, don't automatically assume it's mine".

Myles gets a lot of hate on this forum, but he's a great guitar player:

Edited by Lethalis
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, meadsoap said:

Honestly, I see them pictured together in their spare time more than Slash and Duff (who's usually glued to his wife's side) these days. They really hit it off. Fortus said he even received an offer to join Slash's solo band at one point before the reunion. However, Fortus refused out of loyalty to Axl.

Having Fortus tour with Slash's solo band would be nice actually. Fortus and Myles would probably get along great as well. Maybe Fortus could also guest on Slash his new album.

17 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

...And then accidentally forget to pick him up for the rest of the tour....can't they all just get the allergic to Frank virus....(Sorry Not Sorry Frankie!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2