09/09/23 - St. Louis, MO - Busch Stadium

downzy

10 hours ago, GoBucky said:

That's about the only time they can do it. I remember seeing Pearl Jam at Alpine Valley in October of 2000 and it was about 20 degrees out. It was miserable, but a very memorable show. I just hope the rescheduled date is on a weekend. Either way, come Sunday...Go Bears! 

Yeah I'm hoping for a Saturday show too. 

43 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Are they going to move it to the dome? There's no way they can do an outside show in November.

Yea they might. Think second half of Oct is doable for outdoors but November is pushing it. Saw them at the Dome in 17 and it was great but was looking forward to a Busch show. Weather is perfect today too. Damn it!

Edited by Bodi

7 minutes ago, axlinkafayette said:

I'd say the enterprise center far more likely than the dome 

If reports are accurate, they sold 12,000-17,000 more tickets than the Enterprise Center can hold. Either, they continue the show at Busch Stadium, or they'll play the Enterprise Center on two separate dates (doubtful). 

22 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

i have a bad feeling about this

I hope Axl is okay and it's not serious

The lack of information makes me believe is a big issue with something, usually he tends to speak on Twitter about this things, just like in London last year, this silence is not good for sure

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

The lack of information makes me believe is a big issue with something, usually he tends to speak on Twitter about this things, just like in London last year, this silence is not good for sure

Last year he tweeted about a couple of days after cancellation.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dani_1455 said:

If it was an issue as big as some on here are speculating I would think they would have already postponed more shows to save the money on the build out of the venues.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gnrcane said:

If it was an issue as big as some on here are speculating I would think they would have already postponed more shows to save the money on the build out of the venues.

Lack of info and no word from Axl makes me think there isn't an exact 'you'll be better at this point', it's a wait and see.  They already know if the next show(s) is going to be cancelled and haven't sent or started the stage for those locations.  Agree with keeping ticket sales going, they're coming back for the shows they miss.  So a little clue there, whatever is going on they haven't completely cancelled the remainder of the tour.  I'm still assuming it's Axl voice, a little over worked and it will get better.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cineater said:

Lack of info and no word from Axl makes me think there isn't an exact 'you'll be better at this point', it's a wait and see.  They already know if the next show(s) is going to be cancelled and haven't sent or started the stage for those locations.  Agree with keeping ticket sales going, they're coming back for the shows they miss.  So a little clue there, whatever is going on they haven't completely cancelled the remainder of the tour.  I'm still assuming it's Axl voice, a little over worked and it will get better.

The next show is scheduled for Tuesday.  It won't take the CIA to figure out if they are setting up for it.  I'm sure people have friends on the local crew and will report when their shifts are cancelled.  The build out would start by tomorrow night.  If it was strained or tired vocal chords I'd assume the doctors would have a pretty good idea how long he'd have to rest his voice and rehab it before he can perform again.  I think that the fact that there hasn't been a postponement of multiple shows means that it is more likely an illness that is causing issues with his voice and that's why they don't know when he'll be able to perform again.

Also, we are all assuming the ill member is Axl.  It could just as easily be Slash who has a history of more health problems than Axl.

10 hours ago, Dummy said:

That leaves.....

Dizzy!

44 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

What are the odds that COVID has hit the GNR camp?

At this point what's the difference.?  COVID has hit every camp and is everywhere all the time.  It's just another endemic illness like the flu.  Just like the flu, the overwhelming majority of people will either feel bad or feel like shit for a few days and recover.  A few people will have a serious  illness and possibly die.

• Like 2