09/09/23 - St. Louis, MO - Busch Stadium

downzy

Axl's voice is done. It's on the way out. He can't get through a tour without this happening nowadays. He needs to immediately do baritone in every show and overcome this arbitrary fear that everyone wants to hear the mickey. The fact that this has happened twice in nearly a year is a bad sign for the longevity of GNR and his voice. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, James Bond said:

Knoxville on the 12th.

Maybe in 4 days he can recovery, at least i hope it.

3 minutes ago, Packersfan#4#12 said:

Why do we automatically assume it's his voice? Someone in the inner circle might have covid. Hetfield got covid last week and they had to postpone metallica concert. Quit assuming shit people 

He talk about his voice in the last show.

11 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Axl's voice is done. It's on the way out. He can't get through a tour without this happening nowadays. He needs to immediately do baritone in every show and overcome this arbitrary fear that everyone wants to hear the mickey. The fact that this has happened twice in nearly a year is a bad sign for the longevity of GNR and his voice. 

Or you’re being dramatic and Axl  or someone else in the band is sick and they have to take some dates off.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Packersfan#4#12 said:

Why do we automatically assume it's his voice? Someone in the inner circle might have covid. Hetfield got covid last week and they had to postpone metallica concert. Quit assuming shit people 

He’s been talking shit about his own voice and apologizing recently. Occam’s razor dude. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The show was cancelled because he got sick, not because of the state of his voice (besides the side effect of not being able to sing while sick).  The mickey voice didn't make him get a cold/the flu or whatever he has. There's  nothing much you can do to prevent getting the effects of a virus, even if he was singing perfectly.

Once he gets healthier again, they'll proceed as usual.

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

The show was cancelled because he got sick, not because of the state of his voice (besides the side effect of not being able to sing while sick).  The mickey voice didn't make him get a cold/the flu or whatever he has. There's  nothing much you can do to prevent getting the effects of a virus, even if he was singing perfectly.

This 💯. Thank you. We have some people that like to assume stuff right off the bat. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

He was supposedly sick over a week ago and got better. You don’t cancel a show over 24 hours in advance because you are sick that day. He was likely told to rest his voice for some reason . The hope is it’s only short term and that they don’t have to postpone the rest of the tour. 

This can be due to a number of different things.  Axl could have gotten COVID, like I did a few months back where I had a normal bad cold and then the week after boom COVID and I had to cancel all my plans for 5 days until I tested positive

He could have still bad effects vocally from when he got sick last week anyways and it caught up to him.  It could have been something else

Listing all of these possibilities, I just already see people speaking really confidently on why exactly they canceled, but we just can't definitively say with confidence exactly why at this point.