08/11/23 - Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Stadium

downzy

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JAxlMorrison said:

I really wanna go see this, and probably will, but the acoustics were brutal the last two times. Am I alone in that or did you experience that too?

I was on the floor at the 2017 show, and the sound seemed alright to me, but I had a terrible view of the stage (I’m short, so unless I’m down front on the floor, it’s a waste), and I saw them in Baltimore in 2021 instead.

I’ll be up in the rafters this time, so I’ll just be happy to be able to see everything.

Last Guns show at Hershey was a dud.  I was on the floor towards the back so maybe that had something to do with it.  The first show they played there since beinng banned from Hershey stadium, 2016-17, that show was awesome…I was up close in the front oit for that one.  Hershey stadium is a very tough venue for the sound crew.  I did think the last Guns Hershey show opened a leg of the tour and it seemed like band and crew treated it as a rehearsal almost and just accepted that it wasn’t going to be a good show.

Hershey is just a bad place to see a concert in general. The 2017 show was awesome, Axl was in a good mood and they played a long set. 

Not only was the 2021 show the first show of the tour but also the first concert after the pandemic so I can give everyone a pass. It was still great being there and they played some cool cuts like Dead Horse and You're Crazy.   I expect a lot better this time.

The band clearly likes playing there so they should all be in a good mood 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2023 at 11:25 AM, Jakey Styley said:

Thanks thread for confirming I shouldn’t make the drive up for this, I was on the fence but hearing about the sound issues seals the deal. Maybeee one of the other shows.

2017 was a great  show, 2021 wasn't,  but I'll  be there.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2023 at 5:26 AM, felixGNR said:

2017 was a great  show, 2021 wasn't,  but I'll  be there.

Same. 2017 was great…2021 had its really bad moments. I swore they couldn’t possibly continue touring. Then I saw them a month later in Atlantic City, and Axl was absolutely a Killer that night (the 11th.) he came out on fire and stayed that way. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Same. 2017 was great…2021 had its really bad moments. I swore they couldn’t possibly continue touring. Then I saw them a month later in Atlantic City, and Axl was absolutely a Killer that night (the 11th.) he came out on fire and stayed that way. 

yep.  i went to the metlife show, then the 2 in atlantic city  

• Like 1

Show week! Looking forward to Hershey Park with the kiddos during the day and then the wife and I going to the show. Thanks to the MIL for watching them! Been 2 years (MetLife 2021) happy they will have a few shows under their belt. Tailgate party?!!

2 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Still haven't bought my tickets. Waiting it out for cheapest price. General admission already has gone down by over 50%.

Sharp move. I think I’ll be following that lead. If I’m trying to hit Hershey and NJ, no reason to overspend like crazy. 

48 minutes ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Sharp move. I think I’ll be following that lead. If I’m trying to hit Hershey and NJ, no reason to overspend like crazy. 

I've seen (and paid) enough during the reunion thus far to be fine with some general admission tickets. Two years ago I watched Wolfgang VH from that area as the opener and it sounded great. They were like $90 just last week down to $45 now. I'm probably going to wait until Thursday night if not the day of to see if they drop any lower.

Also, I am a fellow Ridley Raider LOL

3 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I've seen (and paid) enough during the reunion thus far to be fine with some general admission tickets. Two years ago I watched Wolfgang VH from that area as the opener and it sounded great. They were like $90 just last week down to $45 now. I'm probably going to wait until Thursday night if not the day of to see if they drop any lower.

Also, I am a fellow Ridley Raider LOL

Oh excellent, good to meet ya. My mom went to Ridley. Me? Lol. They raised me in a lesser area than Ridley unfortunately. I was an AP guy haha. 
I’ll probably GA for NJ since I might go solo, but for Hershey, since I’m bringing my wife, we’re gonna need to be on the ground. Those Hershey bleacher seats are rough!

Edited by JAxlMorrison
  • Haha 1

I agree with the comment the 2017 show was great but 2021 not so much hoping this one is good then I will see them the following Friday at PNC in Pittsburgh. The 2017 show in Hershey was also on my 48 birthday and it was a great show. These 2 shows will prolly be my last as I’m retiring from going to concerts 

• Like 1