08/11/23 - Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Stadium

downzy

4 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Hershey was the first show of the US leg 2 years ago and is the first show of the US section of the NA leg this tour. Pretty cool. There's A LOT of tickets still available too. Prices keep dropping. Does anybody know when the cut off is for purchasing tickets?

Yeah I remember I didn’t comprehend til I was on the way that it was the first show after a while, haha…first show is frequently a rough one. 

4 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

This time it's the first show in the country, but the 3rd of the tour leg so hopefully we get a good one! 

Yeah. I’m just hoping to hear some stuff I haven’t. I know there’s a few in the setlist already, nightly, but I’d really like to hear sorry, TWAT, shadow, reckless life or the blues. I love coma and locomotive, but not too keen on them live. 

Edited by JAxlMorrison

3 minutes ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Yeah. I’m just hoping to hear some stuff I haven’t. I know there’s a few in the setlist already, nightly, but I’d really like to hear sorry, TWAT, shadow, reckless life or the blues. I love coma and locomotive, but not too keen on them live. 

They played Sorry for the first time at the Philly 2016 show. And yeah TWAT is something I've been waiting to hear. I'm really excited to hear Bad Obsession and PTU though because I thought those were songs I'd never hear live. I still think how crazy it is that I've heard Coma live multiple times.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

They played Sorry for the first time at the Philly 2016 show. And yeah TWAT is something I've been waiting to hear. I'm really excited to hear Bad Obsession and PTU though because I thought those were songs I'd never hear live. I still think how crazy it is that I've heard Coma live multiple times.

I was at the Philly show, but left in protest after the dicks in security descended on a group of my friends for passing a joint around. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Hershey was the first show of the US leg 2 years ago and is the first show of the US section of the NA leg this tour. Pretty cool. There's A LOT of tickets still available too. Prices keep dropping. Does anybody know when the cut off is for purchasing tickets?

Not only was it the first show or the tour but the first show post covid.  Whether it was messy or not it was awesome being there and being at a huge concert again.  And the band definitely gave it their all 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Not only was it the first show or the tour but the first show post covid.  Whether it was messy or not it was awesome being there and being at a huge concert again.  And the band definitely gave it their all 

I get why everybody shits on the show, because they're comparing it to the rest of the 2021 leg, and while it did suck that they stripped down the stage effects, and it was a shorter than usual set, it was still a really fun time. I got to hear Slither and DEAD HORSE live for the first time, and my best friend and girl friend got to see GnR live for the first time and they finally (after all the videos I had shown them of Axl over the years) understood just how powerful his voice is.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I get why everybody shits on the show, because they're comparing it to the rest of the 2021 leg, and while it did suck that they stripped down the stage effects, and it was a shorter than usual set, it was still a really fun time. I got to hear Slither and DEAD HORSE live for the first time, and my best friend and girl friend got to see GnR live for the first time and they finally (after all the videos I had shown them of Axl over the years) understood just how powerful his voice is.

Hell yeah that's awesome. They played You're Crazy too which was awesome!!  

And the funny part where the tech put Axl's mic too high during November Rain. It was opening night for everyone lol

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Hell yeah that's awesome. They played You're Crazy too which was awesome!!  

And the funny part where the tech put Axl's mic too high during November Rain. It was opening night for everyone lol

I don't remember that. My favorite part of the night was the very end during the outro to Paradise City where Axl does the city shoutout. He said "Hershey" in his high rasp voice and then "Pennsylvania" in his real deep voice I think about it all of the time lmao

10 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I don't remember that. My favorite part of the night was the very end during the outro to Paradise City where Axl does the city shoutout. He said "Hershey" in his high rasp voice and then "Pennsylvania" in his real deep voice I think about it all of the time lmao

Oh man it was so funny. 

Axl was so annoyed lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Out of 9 shows or so, it was by far Axl’s shakiest performance I’ve seen, but, 5-6 weeks late in Atlantic City, he was incredible. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

I’m far less interested in going now since the band decided not to release “Perhaps” this week. I’m so sick of “plans changing” at every possible turn with this band. 

I get that too but man, it’s a Friday night, weather will be MINT, BEERS FLOWING!!!! GNFNR!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

You'll get Wichita Lineman. 

My wife, knows about GNR and axl thanks to me (I’m sure we all have spouses or friends like this,) and when they played it in AC, even she was like… “what the hell is this?!” Me? I like it haha.

And now I’d just like to leave a plea for GNR here to play prostitute in Hershey or NJ. Never seen it. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

I’m far less interested in going now since the band decided not to release “Perhaps” this week. I’m so sick of “plans changing” at every possible turn with this band. 

There never was a plan for a release this week though. The band has not spoken a word about Perhaps. You should be sick of letting yourself fall for every forum theory as if it's concrete fact.

Edited by 2020_Intensions

Just now, The Real McCoy said:

That Linkfire page didn’t go live by accident.

But that still isn't concrete "will be released on this date" evidence. You can't be mad at them for not releasing something they haven't themselves announced is going to be released. I think the fact that they're playing Illusions deep cuts for the first time since '93 is reason enough to go. Protesting seeing them (when there may not be many more opportunities) over a 20+ year old song from a different band not being released I think is silly. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

But that still isn't concrete "will be released on this date" evidence. You can't be mad at them for not releasing something they haven't themselves announced is going to be released. I think the fact that they're playing Illusions deep cuts for the first time since '93 is reason enough to go. Protesting seeing them (when there may not be many more opportunities) over a 20+ year old song from a different band not being released I think is silly. 

I understand both sides. Not getting perhaps and maybe seeing its debut sucks, but they’ve definitely reworked the setlist and some different songs, so…I think it’s worth attending. 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2023 at 9:11 AM, 2020_Intensions said:

There is no cut off as far as I know. I was at that show and was able to get tickets from the box office during the opener. Probably cheaper there as well as I assume there are less fees. The venue is terrible for sightlines and the sound wasn't the best either. I went as a "tourist" from Western New York and spent the day before the show in the park but I wouldn't go back anytime soon. 

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 1