06/27/23 - Glasgow, GB - Bellahouston Park

downzy

Setlist: It’s So Easy, Bad Obsession, Chinese Democracy, Slither, Pretty Tied Up, Rumble/Welcome To The Jungle, Mr. Brownstone, Hard Skool, Double Talkin’ Jive, Estranged, Absurd, Live And Let Die, You Could Be Mine, Down On The Farm, Reckless Life, Rocket Queen, Shadow Of Your Love, TV Eye, Anything Goes, Civil War/(Voodoo Child), Band Introductions, Slash Solo/Sweet Child O’ Mine, November Rain, Wichita Lineman, Walk All Over You, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Nightrain
Encore: People Get Ready/Street Of Dreams, Patience, Paradise City

source: HTGTH

• Thanks 1

I really enjoyed the show tonight. Just home after a long day. Luckily I have family nearby so I managed to get home pretty quickly 

perhaps sounds pretty good. Hopefully they release it soon. 

2 minutes ago, gabmmor said:

Setlist: It’s So Easy, Bad Obsession, Chinese Democracy, Slither, Pretty Tied Up, Rumble/Welcome To The Jungle, Mr. Brownstone, Hard Skool, Double Talkin’ Jive, Estranged, Absurd, Live And Let Die, You Could Be Mine, Down On The Farm, Reckless Life, Rocket Queen, Shadow Of Your Love, TV Eye, Anything Goes, Civil War/(Voodoo Child), Band Introductions, Slash Solo/Sweet Child O’ Mine, November Rain, Wichita Lineman, Walk All Over You, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Nightrain
Encore: People Get Ready/Street Of Dreams, Patience, Paradise City

source: HTGTH

yep that looks right from my memory. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Caedo said:

Perhaps from soundcheck as promised:

quality is a bit shit as I wasn’t paying attention and had the phone pointing at my feet but it gives a teaser for the real thing anyway 

That's awesome! Glad to finally hear those lyrics without the compression. (I'm super deaf!)

23 minutes ago, Caedo said:

Perhaps from soundcheck as promised:

quality is a bit shit as I wasn’t paying attention and had the phone pointing at my feet but it gives a teaser for the real thing anyway 

another solo ruined by Slash 😅🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, mattromero said:

another solo ruined by Slash 😅🤦‍♂️

Maybe it's really Mr Hudson that's holding everything back:P

Perhaps his studio contributions thus far have been distinctly uninspired sounding and that's the reason for the delay...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Every track soundchecked was played tonight EXCEPT the darn one we want...what's the one we don't know about with citar that 4Tus mentioned...as it's not perhaps...is it The General?

Also do we know / have any theories on why DC has been given the boot of late? 

Oklahoma has sitar in the intro

3 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Every track soundchecked was played tonight EXCEPT the darn one we want...what's the one we don't know about with citar that 4Tus mentioned...as it's not perhaps...is it The General?

It's probably Pretty Tied Up but thinks people don't check Setlist.fm 😂

Just now, Voodoochild said:

Slash solo in Perhaps is not only uninspired, but I think he hit some wrong notes there. And all the amazing guitar work throughout the song is lost. 

Oh well

Sounds like he's using the BC Rich for it.

1 minute ago, sploit said:

Hey, has anyone successfully ordered the Glasgow shirt from the Merch Truck site?

I put in my address and it said they don't ship to it.

Is the website for US only?

There was a glitch on the website earlier. I had to change it my parents address and it seemed to work. Got official email confirmation through for it.

1 minute ago, TheSlashrose said:

Slash just fucked this song. Sorry 

Without inspiration. 

Was always talk that on the sessions for UYI that Slash really had to be pushed to come up with his best work. 
Wonder if that's still the case.

He plays something then Axl just says "Nah that's shite. You can do better."

Again though, it doesn't seem like he bothered on Hard Skool.

• Like 1

Just now, Amir said:

Anything Goes is surprisingly good live? Think About You remains the only AfD track I haven’t heard live.

Never thought I’d miss Teddy Zig-Zag but it is a bit weird hearing Bad Obsession without his contributions, still fun, though. Pretty Tied Up is a good addition as well 👍🏽

Think this was my first time hearing SoD with Slash. Think it may also be longest GNR gig I’ve attended personally? Think the only concerts I’ve been to that were lengthier were Bruce Springsteen in London in 2013 and Leonard Cohen in Manchester that same year.

Axl in great spirits throughout the night, thanked Glasgow multiple times for their patience.

One guy near me was shouting for Shadow For Your Love, which was a bit weird, but glad he got his request fulfilled. Also there was a mosh pit for Walk All Over You??? I recorded that but I was pretty far from the stage. If no one else uploads that to YouTube, I’ll do so in a few days.

Looking forward to London and maybe bumping into @kanecrescenteagain!

I was standing close to the mosh pit. It just seemed to appear out of nowhere.

• ABSUЯD 1