06/24/23 - Pilton, GB - Glastonbury Festival **TIMES & STREAM INFO IN FIRST POST**

alfierose

If I had one shared stage moment request, it would be to see Axl and Elton share the stage for likely one last time.

Elton did Axl a solid back at the MTV Awards way back when.  It would be cool to see Axl repay the favour.  

7 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Anyone just seen Sharleen Spiteri and Texas's set? Not a huge fan or anything but that's the best she's sounded in a long time. You've only to listen to that Interview she just gave on BBC how emotional she was and genuinely in awe of the festival....nice to see.

I caught her at TRNSMT back in 2018, I thought they were great!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Who's watching the Monkeys tonight? Surround sound, some cool bears...getting into the mood. This might end up being the biggest show thread in a while 🙂

Defo. Enjoying the coverage so far. Praying for Axl. Spent the week making excuses for him! 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SilverMachine said:

Will say it again - this gig will be late-stage career defining in the same way their appearance at the Freddie Mercury tribute concert was. Massive night for them tomorrow. 

Guns have a lot of credit in the bank, so I can forgive them for some lacklustre gigs over the years…..however I completely agree with you on this, this is fucking huge, seriously huge night for them.

Shoulders back and smash it. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, marinergtfc said:

Guns have a lot of credit in the bank, so I can forgive them for some lacklustre gigs over the years…..however I completely agree with you on this, this is fucking huge, seriously huge night for them.

If like some say, Axl is holding back reserves, to preserve what's left...this is a night where he should go FUCK IT. I'm pushing this as far as I can. I'm not expecting miracles though....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, marinergtfc said:

100%. Fingers crossed. 

33 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Who's watching the Monkeys tonight? Surround sound, some cool bears...getting into the mood. This might end up being the biggest show thread in a while 🙂

Yea, I’m loving this coverage, few beers in, sonos cranked up…let’s go!!

21 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Anyone just seen Sharleen Spiteri and Texas's set? Not a huge fan or anything but that's the best she's sounded in a long time. You've only to listen to that Interview she just gave on BBC how emotional she was and genuinely in awe of the festival....nice to see.

Yeah, she was rocking it. 

51 minutes ago, downzy said:

I provided a link to the BBC iPlayer in the first post.  It works for UK residents, not for international.  Best option for everyone else is to use a VPN.

Don't know much about this stuff, but could that be a bit risky for the forum, from a legal point of view, seeing as you do legally need a licence? 

It would be very easy for certain types with a dislike of the forum to report it.....

11 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Foo Fighters into Royal Blood into Arctic Monkeys is a great run. Listening the whole day like a radio since it started 

Can't think of many bands more dull than Arctic Monkeys to be honest! 

Just now, GNR_RNR said:

oof GNR have a hard crowd to play for tomorrow

Great acts but not the vibe that translates into a hard rock audience

I think festival crowds nowadays don't really care what's on stage much as long as they recognise the songs so they can do mass karaoke! 

The ideal opportunity to play The General then! 

2 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

oof GNR have a hard crowd to play for tomorrow

Great acts but not the vibe that translates into a hard rock audience

Well you go to a general, non-specific festival looking for variety....👉 there ya go!

1 minute ago, wendirosez said:

One year post Woodstock and it's carried the mantel ever since....

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Well you go to a general, non-specific festival looking for variety....👉 there ya go!

One year post Woodstock and it's carried the mantel ever since....

Absolutely ..  @colonizedmind    plus we have Elton Johns  last performance ever.  That guy is a national treasure over  here  like Freddie  is/was.  It is important as that event  of  Mon April 20th  1992.  

That's the last time .. causal /general public saws guns         Would you say   ?  @Oxford @waxl1974

055305121637b3202b4bbc32b85263df.jpg

• Like 1