06/24/23 - Pilton, GB - Glastonbury Festival **TIMES & STREAM INFO IN FIRST POST**

alfierose

4 minutes ago, stezmacc said:

Agreed. I get the impression the bbc are hating the fact they are playing. They have hardly had a mention in the build up and can guarantee that Lizzo will get all the hype tomorrow night.ย 
donโ€™t think the band fit the agenda

I heard Guns mentioned on BBC news just now. Quite exciting tbh!

4 minutes ago, stezmacc said:

Agreed. I get the impression the bbc are hating the fact they are playing. They have hardly had a mention in the build up and can guarantee that Lizzo will get all the hype tomorrow night.ย 
donโ€™t think the band fit the agenda

I doubt it's about fitting the agenda as much as probably getting very little from GNR management in terms of the information or cooperation that other bands and acts give them.ย 

They'll have asked for interviews, chats etc without a doubt.ย 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Lewis Capaldi and Rick Astley too! Main stage tomorrow is a mess.ย 

Ehhh don't slag of Lewis.

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Fucking hell I am feeling really nervous for them (and I havenโ€™t really given much of a shit about the band for the last couple of years)ย 

Theyโ€™ve been touring here long enough to know what a big deal this festival is in the UK. I bet theyโ€™ll be feeling the nerveโ€™s tomorrow omgย :nervous:

Glastonbury is overrated. Slash has played before and axl probably rates Rock in Rio of more importance.ย 

6 minutes ago, alstonuk said:

Itโ€™s a cool video, but only what has preluded the other gigs on the tour. That being said, they clearly know this is a big one. Come on Axl!

Yeah I don't think you publish that video on youtube the night before Glastonbury for no reason. They know its a big deal, we've had Duff describe it as special, etc.

Whatever your thought are about Glastobury, its clearly a very big deal for the band.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacdaniel said:

I see this is on bbc2 tomorrow at 10pm... Is that when Guns come on stage? Seems a bit lateย 

They come on 9.30.ย 

ย 

It should be live on bb2 and the iPlayer (uhd option as well). Unless they have a delay? I don't see why they would if it's after the 9pm watershed.

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Ehhh don't slag of Lewis.

Glastonbury is overrated. Slash has played before and axl probably rates Rock in Rio of more importance.ย 

You like him?!ย 

I find him seriously depressing, on every level as he moans on and on about breakups. Each to their own!ย 

Has Axl said that he rates Rock In Rio of more importance? Or is this just your opinion?ย 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

They come on 9.30.ย 

ย 

It should be live on bb2 and the iPlayer (uhd option as well). Unless they have a delay? I don't see why they would if it's after the 9pm watershed.

They will be on a delay. Headline acts always have been. This is the Kings BBC. Not shitty Fox news sunshine. Things have to meet a certain standard in old blighty.ย 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

You like him?!ย 

I find him seriously depressing, on every level as he moans on and on about breakups. Each to their own!ย 

Has Axl said that he rates Rock In Rio of more importance? Or is this just your opinion?ย 

He's quite funny but maybe I'm biased since he's fairly local to me

ย 

It's completely my opinion but why would axl or GNR rate Glastonbury the highest? Because Glastonbury claim they are? These guys are veterans. Played Rio, Coachella, the biggest stadiums. This is a breeze for them.ย 

Edited by Axl_morris

2 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

ย 

It's completely my opinion but why would axl or GNR rate Glastonbury the highest? Because they said so? These guys are veterans. Played Rio, Coachella, the biggest stadiums. This is a breeze for them.ย 

I'd imagine they would rank it at a similar level to Rock in Rio/Coachella, though perhaps more like the latter due to having done rock in Rio now several times whereas previously having never done Coachella.

I think its really the final major festival they've never done. They also know this will get millions of watches just from the BBC alone, yet alone the probable 10s of million cumulative views it will get on youtube for better or worse. They won't get a bigger platform than this.

Plus its age as a festival and history brings with it something very few festivals have got as well.

I'm not sure if its the highest or not, but this is clearly not a normal gig for this band like your making it out to be. You don't release a 2 and a half minute trailer on youtube for the concert if it isn't a big deal.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

ย 

It's completely my opinion but why would axl or GNR rate Glastonbury the highest? Because Glastonbury claim they are? These guys are veterans. Played Rio, Coachella, the biggest stadiums. This is a breeze for them.ย 

Well, conversely, why wouldn't they?ย 

Duff and Slash are there a day early, they've been in a studio just before.... it's all looking like they realise this a big milestone in the bands history.ย 

Just now, koldbeer2 said:

I'd imagine they would rank it at a similar level to Rock in Rio/Coachella, though perhaps more like the latter due to having done rock in Rio now several times whereas previously having never done Coachella.

I think its really the final major festival they've never done. They also know this will get millions of watches just from the BBC alone, yet alone the probable 10s of million cumulative views it will get on youtube for better or worse. They won't get a bigger platform than this.

Plus its age as a festival and history brings with it something very few festivals have got as well.

I'm not sure if its the highest or not, but this is clearly not a normal gig for this band like your making it out to be. You don't release a 2 and a half minute trailer on youtube for the concert if it isn't a big deal.

What's that about a trailer?ย 

52 minutes ago, wendirosez said:

Absolutely ..ย  @colonizedmindย  ย  plus we have Elton Johnsย ย lastย performanceย ever.ย ย That guy is a national treasure overย  hereย  like Freddieย  is/was.ย  It is important as that eventย  ofย  Mon April 20thย  1992.ย ย 

ย 

That's the last time .. causal /general public saws gunsย  ย  ย  ย  ย Would you sayย  ย ?ย ย @Oxfordย @waxl1974

055305121637b3202b4bbc32b85263df.jpg

I think you're right there for the UK, can't think of any other events since that day.ย 

Axl andย  Elton was a real highlight of that day. There was a real connection between them and it is well known that Axl regards Elton and Bernie the greatest writing due of all time. Loved Axls speech when he inducted EJ into the RNRHOF.ย 

Remember the Eddie trunk interview where Axl talked about him meeting EJ before the tribute. Axl described having a meeting with EJ talking about the song and EJ was getting more angry as Axl had been made out to look homophobic etc and he shouted "I am a gay man" Axl just replied "cool so when we get to the bridge"ย 

Am really excited for what we might get tomorrow now. Lana is playing an hour after Guns take the stage so could drop by the pyramid stage to duet?ย 

• Thanks 1

Just now, GNR_RNR said:

Arctic Monkeys on now, starting with some of their new material.ย 

Setting the Bar GNR will need to follow

Interesting opener, but they have a lot of strong material to play. Subdued opener, but if they go into sometime like Brianstorm next the place will erupt. Calculated.

2 minutes ago, alstonuk said:

Interesting opener, but they have a lot of strong material to play. Subdued opener, but if they go into sometime like Brianstorm next the place will erupt. Calculated.

True that,ย 

The Monkeys UK tour has been amazing so they are bringing an amazing setlist

Interesting comment from the presenters before they came on that AM had "something for everyone", shade?ย 

4 minutes ago, waxl1974 said:

I think you're right there for the UK, can't think of any other events since that day.ย 

Axl andย  Elton was a real highlight of that day. There was a real connection between them and it is well known that Axl regards Elton and Bernie the greatest writing due of all time. Loved Axls speech when he inducted EJ into the RNRHOF.ย 

Remember the Eddie trunk interview where Axl talked about him meeting EJ before the tribute. Axl described having a meeting with EJ talking about the song and EJ was getting more angry as Axl had been made out to look homophobic etc and he shouted "I am a gay man" Axl just replied "cool so when we get to the bridge"ย 

Am really excited for what we might get tomorrow now. Lana is playing an hour after Guns take the stage so could drop by the pyramid stage to duet?ย 

Exactly.ย  and after seeing that (promo) video for this event on guns official channel. (Plus it being mentioned on the bbc news )..yepย  that is a reason to be excited andย  a little bit curious.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Well, conversely, why wouldn't they?ย 

Duff and Slash are there a day early, they've been in a studio just before.... it's all looking like they realise this a big milestone in the bands history.ย 

What's that about a trailer?ย 

On Guns official YouTube channel thereย  has been a new short video postedย  @allwaystired

7.7K views 1 hour ago

Are you ready? Guns N' Roses head to Glastonbury, June 24, 2023!

• Thanks 1