06/24/23 - Pilton, GB - Glastonbury Festival **TIMES & STREAM INFO IN FIRST POST**

alfierose

Just now, alstonuk said:

No way Elton is ruining his big moment on Sunday to duet on the Saturday. McCartney on LALD is a lot more likely. That would be something.

Yeah I kind of agree, I'd not rule out Axl playing something with Elton on the Sunday, but we will see.

McCartney would be a huge duet for sure, though I'm not convinced it's that likely.

I'm pretty confident we might get another foo fighters/guns collab mind you...

• Like 1

There's next to no chance Elton joins tomorrow. He's a headliner yet to play. Same as i'd have been surprised to see Slash and Duff join Foo's. They need to save their moment on stage for their main event. Just like Elton will. 

Paul McCartney was watching Foo's earlier so if he stays the whole weekend that's a possibility maybe and would be mega. Dua Lipa is a dead cert to appear if she's not touring. She's joined him on his tour before and that remix is huge. 

Paul McCartney joining Guns for Live and Let Die would be some Glastonbury Moment too! 

• Like 2

Just now, allwaystired said:

In my humble opinion.....I fully agree..

I think you can tell his voice has suffered from the illness....usually takes 2 weeks to recover from acute laryngitis and he's back on stage in 5 days, probably hasn't spoken all week. His voice is usually a bit stronger than that to be fair. 

This could genuinely have gone down as one of the legendary GnR sets this weekend. 

3 generations of rock icons in AM, GnR and Sir Elton. Just perfect.

Everything is set up, except the one thing we need more than anything- a healthy Axl Rose vocal.

I re-watched some Axl DC earlier and that is genuinely some of the greatest rock live vocals in history. Astonishing level of performance.

Unfortunately, Glasto has come at a time when Axl is back to his 2002 helium vocals. 

Why oh why does this band time everything so poorly? 2006 would have been incredible, 2010 was solid too, as was 2016. So many golden opportunities to shine.

The 2023 shit however? Not even the biggest GnR and Axl fan here can pass this off as anything other than woeful.

Im crossing fingers that Axl has kept some power up his sleeve for tomorrow- cheering on from a distance hoping somehow there’s some magic he can reach into.

Unfortunately, I think they’ll get absolutely panned for what I’ve seen so far this year, and that’s just absolutely gutting.

Edited by UseYourDelusion
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, UseYourDelusion said:

This could genuinely have gone down as one of the legendary GnR sets this weekend. 

3 generations of rock icons in AM, GnR and Sir Elton. Just perfect.

Everything is set up, except the one thing we need more than anything- a healthy Axl Rose vocal.

I re-watched some Axl DC earlier and that is genuinely some of the greatest rock live vocals in history. Astonishing level of performance.

Unfortunately, Glasto has come at a time when Axl is back to his 2002 helium vocals. 

Why oh why does this band time everything so poorly? 2006 would have been incredible, 2010 was solid too, as was 2016. So many golden opportunities to shine.

The 2023 shit however? Not even the biggest GnR and Axl fan here can pass this off as anything other than woeful.

Im crossing fingers that Axl has kept some power up his sleeve for tomorrow- cheering on from a distance hoping somehow there’s some magic he can reach into.

Unfortunately, I think they’ll get absolutely panned for what I’ve seen so far this year, and that’s just absolutely gutting.

Listened Back in Black this morning - genuinely thrilling! His current level isn’t like ‘02, he still had the power behind it then.

That being said, if they play the right songs and he puts the power into the right moments he may be okay. Listened Jungle from Oslo and despite an awful start the middle and end were decent when he put some rasp into it.

1 minute ago, Powderfinger said:

Yeah that’s the one!! 

Funny thing was, loads of folk bought the single off the back of that advert and were then appalled once they realised that the high pitched, sped up part was only an intro to the actual song. The tune itself was at a much lower tempo and pitch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bansidhe said:

Funny thing was, loads of folk bought the single off the back of that advert and were then appalled once they realised that the high pitched, sped up part was only an intro to the actual song. The tune itself was at a much lower tempo and pitch. 

Haha, I remember so many people at school complaining about that! 

2 minutes ago, Bansidhe said:

The tune itself was a grunge-type dirge! 😂

2 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

They were on The White Room or Jools Holland back when that single was out. The singer looked like a right fruit loop. 

Remember when they got him on Brasseye and he said "I think I'm becoming a genius", said that he "knew all the musical notes" and that he was trying to write a spherical song? 

Brasseye makes me laugh just thinking about it! 

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Arctic Monkeys are getting the piss ripped out of them on social media - looks like  GnR has a chance of not being the worst headliner this weekend 

yey, you’re not wrong, they are getting slaughtered.

….open goal for gn’r? 

• Like 1