06/24/23 - Pilton, GB - Glastonbury Festival **TIMES & STREAM INFO IN FIRST POST**

alfierose

31 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Ok,since you asked me! 

I'm going for realistic rather than what I'd personally want (which would be very Chinese heavy and no SCOM!) 

Stuck to your structure too, with the number of tracks and the acoustic section. 

1. Jungle
2. Chinese Democracy 
3. Out Ta Get Me
4. Bad Obsession
5. Double Talkin Jive
6. LALD
7. It's So Easy
8. My Michelle 
9. Estranged 
10. There Was A Time
11. So Fine (Duff)
12. Anything Goes
13. Reckless Life
14. Shadow Of Your Love
15. November Rain
16. KOHD

Acoustic section 

17. Don't Cry1

18. Used To Love Her

19. Patience

Back to full band

20. Down On The Farm
21. Rocket Queen
22. Hard Skool 
23. Absurd
24. Shotgun Blues
25. Night Train

Encore
26. Madagascar
27. Yesterdays
28. SCOM 
29. The Seeker
30. Paradise City

Love your list !! I only chose 2 Chinese cuts but I am a big CD fan..I guess I also thought what Glasto expects and what would go down well. I'd love Maddy actually...when he delivers on that, it's a great track and Slash sounds better than most of CD on that one!

32 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Well done. I didn't think it would work.

I always used to just use the "Queens" postcode at Buckingham Palace when I was abroad for things like this. Always worked, how could they refuse her! 🤪

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, alfierose said:

This is a good point. I know Slash does a fair bit of publicity and Duff too but Axl virtually nil (that anyone will have heard of) since the reunion. Let's face it the lead singer is the 'face' of any band in the vast majority of cases.

A media blitz in the weeks running up to this probably would have made a difference to reception (but could have backfired too I suppose).

Axl does his own thing though so it is what it is.

Yeah, and I sort of admire it in a way.....but can you imagine Glastonbury/BBC people reaching out to TB for stuff, compared to the usual big management/PR companies they deal with? Bet there was some hilarious chats behind the scenes! 

13 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I found a Sun newspaper at work last night (would never buy that trash) but I had a quick look at the middle part where they have music gossip and it was all about Elton John, Arctic Monkeys, Lana Del Rey and Lizzo and some artists on the smaller stages - they never mentioned GnR at all. So weird when they are main stage headliner. 

Yeah, it's just not filtered through to most people. Interesting the Sun didn't even mention them! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Love your list !! I only chose 2 Chinese cuts but I am a big CD fan..I guess I also thought what Glasto expects and what would go down well. I'd love Maddy actually...when he delivers on that, it's a great track and Slash sounds better than most of CD on that one!

I always used to just use the "Queens" postcode at Buckingham Palace when I was abroad for things like this. Always worked, how could they refuse her! 🤪

Madagascar would be brilliant! I loved that second full band bit I came up with- loads of the faster stuff. Enjoyed thinking about it! 

3 minutes ago, Kelmi said:

Do you think that the full show will be on youtube next week? Or will it stay in BBC player for some time to rewatch it? Or is torrent the way to go. I cant watch it today

All of the above I imagine. I can't imagine people won't bootleg the arse off this one! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Just a thought, does anybody have the ability to rip tonights stream? BBC are broadcasting it live in 4k UHD, but it will only be available on catch-up afterwards in 1080p. If we want a 4k pro-shot to keep I think it's gonna need ripped on the fly 

Hopefully someone is on that!! 

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Ok,since you asked me! 

I'm going for realistic rather than what I'd personally want (which would be very Chinese heavy and no SCOM!) 

Stuck to your structure too, with the number of tracks and the acoustic section. 

1. Jungle
2. Chinese Democracy 
3. Out Ta Get Me
4. Bad Obsession
5. Double Talkin Jive
6. LALD
7. It's So Easy
8. My Michelle 
9. Estranged 
10. There Was A Time
11. So Fine (Duff)
12. Anything Goes
13. Reckless Life
14. Shadow Of Your Love
15. November Rain
16. KOHD

Acoustic section 

17. Don't Cry1

18. Used To Love Her

19. Patience

Back to full band

20. Down On The Farm
21. Rocket Queen
22. Hard Skool 
23. Absurd
24. Shotgun Blues
25. Night Train

Encore
26. Madagascar
27. Yesterdays
28. SCOM 
29. The Seeker
30. Paradise City

I love your list but according to the schedule its a 2 hour 15 minute set, hoping its longer, but kohd is 10 mins alone etc the aim will be crowd pleasers I'm sure. I'm so pumped getting pizza's in 

1 minute ago, Guns N Roses 4 Lyf said:

I love your list but according to the schedule its a 2 hour 15 minute set, hoping its longer, but kohd is 10 mins alone etc the aim will be crowd pleasers I'm sure. I'm so pumped getting pizza's in 

Yeah, it's way off length wise for sure- the set will have to be a good deal shorter than that. Just done for fun really, using a previous posters template. 

Have a crack at it yourself! 

1 minute ago, Guns N Roses 4 Lyf said:

Not bbc 2? I'll put I player on then

Unless you have a 4k TV (I don't) I don't think it will make much difference. 

2 minutes ago, Guns N Roses 4 Lyf said:

Not bbc 2? I'll put I player on then

It's on BBC 2, but UHD is only available on iPlayer! I believe the delay is on BBC 2, but it will be streamed live on iPlayer (I may be wrong - but GNR hit the stage at 9:30, the airing doesn't happen til 10pm on BBC2)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah, it's way off length wise for sure- the set will have to be a good deal shorter than that. Just done for fun really, using a previous posters template. 

Have a crack at it yourself! 

Hmm ok

It's so easy

Bad obsession 

Double talking jive

WTTJ

Live and let die (featuring Paul mccartney) 

Slither 

Down on the farm (on a farm)

You could be mine

Civil war 

November rain 

KOHD

Sweet child (featuring carrie) no idea if she's there

Patience 

Encore

Don't cry

Seeker

Paradise city featuring dave growl

Obviously I'd love chi tunes in there but gotta think of the audience imo 

Just now, Guns N Roses 4 Lyf said:

Hmm ok

It's so easy

Bad obsession 

Double talking jive

WTTJ

Live and let die (featuring Paul mccartney) 

Slither 

Down on the farm (on a farm)

You could be mine

Civil war 

November rain 

KOHD

Sweet child (featuring carrie) no idea if she's there

Patience 

Encore

Don't cry

Seeker

Paradise city featuring dave growl

Obviously I'd love chi tunes in there but gotta think of the audience imo 

I may have gone too short 😂😂

4 minutes ago, Dean said:

It's on BBC 2, but UHD is only available on iPlayer! I believe the delay is on BBC 2, but it will be streamed live on iPlayer (I may be wrong - but GNR hit the stage at 9:30, the airing doesn't happen til 10pm on BBC2)

Legend I'll get it on I player

• Like 1

On 6/21/2023 at 2:58 PM, koldbeer2 said:

I'd be surprised if we don't get at least one big name guest, its kinda like Coachella in that respect. Elton John does feel like a poissiblity though as he is playing the following day appearing on Guns set may lessen the anticipation for his own gig in a funny sort of way. Still that seems an obvious choice given the history.

ACDC/Angus is another possiblity again for historical reasons...

However Guns are big enough name that some left of field options may well happen. We've seen the likes of Ghrol and Pink afterall come up at seemingly random.

Regardless, this is a hugely important set to the band, probably only Coachella and Rock in Rio are probably comparable, but unlike Rock in Rio Guns have never done the other two which gives them even more signficance to the band I'd bet.

It certainly is important to them. But they really don't put in any extra effort for the big show over any other. Like Download/Slane/RIR all of which were just another show and the performance level was no better or worse than any other show. It would be great if they went on tonight with the attitude of killing every other band though. A little bit of a competitive edge isn't a bad thing.

As for guests, maybe they'll bring out Lars for Out ta get me? He usually goes to Glastonbury and think he's been hanging around Europe since the Metallica 1st leg wrapped up. Unlikely but who knows. Or maybe Paul McCartney for love and let die (how has it not happened already?) as he is at the festival.