06/24/23 - Pilton, GB - Glastonbury Festival **TIMES & STREAM INFO IN FIRST POST**

alfierose

1 minute ago, alfierose said:

I'm quite excited now it's arrived. Had a crazy busy month so not much time to think about it but finally got a free weekend to chill.

It's nice for once to have a show in my time zone that I can watch live really easily. :lol:

Yeah, in great quality too! I'm far more excited than I probably should be. Not expecting anything new or different, but having an evening of my favourite and a few drinks on a Saturday is fantastic.  

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

and Gn'R will be fine, as well, even if they deliver a weak show at this big important festival. 

I'd rather it was a good one though, personally! 

But I don't think anyone really thinks their career is over if they play a stinker tonight do they?! More that people will take the piss a lot, which we'd rather not happen. 

Just now, allwaystired said:

I'd rather it was a good one though, personally! 

But I don't think anyone really thinks their career is over if they play a stinker tonight do they?! More that people will take the piss a lot, which we'd rather not happen. 

so it was just the risk of people "taking the piss". In that case, Axl better deliver a brilliant performance, there is so much at stake here. 

• Like 1

Just now, allwaystired said:

I'm assuming this is meant as sarcasm? 

What's your point? You've lost me. 

all I'm saying is that Axl seems like a sensitive guy, and I don't want people to mock Gn'R and for their immaculate reputation to be ruined. Maybe this show is too much potential risk for Gn'R. 

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

all I'm saying is that Axl seems like a sensitive guy, and I don't want people to mock Gn'R and for their immaculate reputation to be ruined. Maybe this show is too much potential risk for Gn'R. 

Oh ok- sorry I thought you were being sarcastic! My mistake and apologies there. 

GNR have a far from immaculate reputation! They've been a laughing stock for years and years in some circles, Axl especially (the Fat Axl meme being the notorious one).

They've had way worse. Nothing will beat yellow raincoat RIR. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Oh ok- sorry I thought you were being sarcastic! My mistake and apologies there. 

GNR have a far from immaculate reputation! They've been a laughing stock for years and years in some circles, Axl especially (the Fat Axl meme being the notorious one).

They've had way worse. Nothing will beat yellow raincoat RIR. 

look... I recognize how cool and important Glastonbury is, I just don't think it means that being important for Gn'R means there is potential damage for their revenue or significant potential damage for their reputation, regardless of what musically happens at this show.

I hope they knock it out of the park or at least it's going to be a strong show for Axl.

Edited by Rovim

21 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Finally a Saturday night with no women in the house and Guns on live

Can I come yours? Missus got a right pisser on her :lol:

9 minutes ago, Guns N Roses 4 Lyf said:

Common sense should come into play in that axl is 61 and not 28 anymore.. 

something tells me we could get the rasp tonight 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

look... I recognize how cool and important Glastonbury is, I just don't think it means that being important for Gn'R means there is potential damage for their revenue or significant potential damage for their reputation, regardless matter what musically happens at this show.

I hope they knock it out of the park or at least it's going to be a strong show for Axl.

Yeah it won't help sell tickets if it's disastrous, but it will not prevent them from touring again on a grand scale and doing well. Just like Bon Jovi, when they announce their next tour it will sell just fine and JBJ sounded much worse than Axl. 

But yeah hope Axl pulls it out if the bag tonight. But people expect to hear that classic Axl distorted voice on songs like jungle and when he comes out doing it the way he does now, on a high quality stream, there are going to be a lot of people mocking him. 🤞🤞

6 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Can I come yours? Missus got a right pisser on her :lol:

something tells me we could get the rasp tonight 

Or the corn 🌽

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Watching BBC2 coverage now and they opened with "tonight is all about the gods of rock, Guns N Roses....striding onto the stage tonight...bringing the paradise city to Glastonbury"....so they are talking about them now....weather looks beautiful....fully blue skies....

Perfect conditions, if not too hot 😂 just over 4 hours to go!! 

13 minutes ago, Rovim said:

look... I recognize how cool and important Glastonbury is, I just don't think it means that being important for Gn'R means there is potential damage for their revenue or significant potential damage for their reputation, regardless of what musically happens at this show.

Huh? You just said GNR have an "immaculate reputation" and it might be a terrible idea for them to play Glastonbury as Axl is too sensitive? 

This is the total opposite viewpoint to that! You seem to be arguing with yourself!