06/24/23 - Pilton, GB - Glastonbury Festival **TIMES & STREAM INFO IN FIRST POST**

alfierose

Interesting BBC Music hasn't uploaded any GN'R to their YouTube channel yet. They've been pretty quick in getting highlights up.

Wonder is that because they're fixing sound on their own accord, told by GN'R not to put any up.. or told by GN'R to fix sound before it goes up! The possibilities.. 

I know Axl loves Elton but he doesn't seem to be a huge gig-goer. Seems somewhat unlike him to hang about just to see Elton. Plus he is there extremely early if that's the case. Like no need for him to be on the site hours and hours before.

The optimist in me would say he arrived early to run through some stuff with Elton... 

(Disregard this..) And the extreme optimist in me reckons a repeat of Bohemian Rhapsody (hopefully with an Axl performance for the ages...)

2 hours ago, Spiritual_Chaos said:

Spice Girls including Victoria would be crazy

spice-world-der-film-spice-world-der-fil

But I would imagine it would be current artists off his latest album (?), not counting Eddie Vedder.

His last show in the US (available on Disney plus), Brandi Carlile, Kiki Dee and Dua Lipa came out.

Britney Spears and Dua Lipa maybe? 

The rumour days ago was Britney Spears.

19 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

Interesting BBC Music hasn't uploaded any GN'R to their YouTube channel yet. They've been pretty quick in getting highlights up.

Wonder is that because they're fixing sound on their own accord, told by GN'R not to put any up.. or told by GN'R to fix sound before it goes up! The possibilities.. 

I know Axl loves Elton but he doesn't seem to be a huge gig-goer. Seems somewhat unlike him to hang about just to see Elton. Plus he is there extremely early if that's the case. Like no need for him to be on the site hours and hours before.

The optimist in me would say he arrived early to run through some stuff with Elton... 

(Disregard this..) And the extreme optimist in me reckons a repeat of Bohemian Rhapsody (hopefully with an Axl performance for the ages...)

Don't think there any AM up either (bar an interview) probably will be dolled out over the next week or so

An explanation for the sound issues:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/tv/bbc-glastonbury-viewers-issue-complaint-27196793?fbclid=IwAR30seXMV6cAw516uDFI4-9r7xi7Mx83r_H6GsZ73jUp6iF3huO02TMd5Z0

"It comes after similar complaints were made about Guns N' Roses lead singer Axl Rose during the band's headline set on the Pyramid Stage on Saturday night (June 24). But last night, a spokesperson for Guns N' Roses told the Manchester Evening News that they looked into the matter.

"They said it appears the broadcast had issues being played on certain TVs like UHDs and added that this was an unfortunate issue that the mix played through these TVs sounding so poorly and was not the band’s fault."

So it appears to be an issue on certain TVs, not the broadcast itself. That'll explain why it was okay on iPlayer and 6Music.

21 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

Wonder is that because they're fixing sound on their own accord, told by GN'R not to put any up.. or told by GN'R to fix sound before it goes up!

As pointed out above, there's no sound to fix, per se, but speaking of BBC Music, the show's on iPlayer and BBC Sounds in both video and audio forms. They'd probably get a copyright strike from the overzealous 'fans' if they uploaded to YouTube anyway, so not bothering saves them the hassle. It wouldn't be the first time a festival didn't uplad pro-shots of GN'R

Edited by DoMw94

1 minute ago, DoMw94 said:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/tv/bbc-glastonbury-viewers-issue-complaint-27196793?fbclid=IwAR30seXMV6cAw516uDFI4-9r7xi7Mx83r_H6GsZ73jUp6iF3huO02TMd5Z0

"It comes after similar complaints were made about Guns N' Roses lead singer Axl Rose during the band's headline set on the Pyramid Stage on Saturday night (June 24). But last night, a spokesperson for Guns N' Roses told the Manchester Evening News that they looked into the matter.

"They said it appears the broadcast had issues being played on certain TVs like UHDs and added that this was an unfortunate issue that the mix played through these TVs sounding so poorly and was not the band’s fault."

So it appears to be an issue on certain TVs, not the broadcast itself. That'll explain why it was okay on iPlayer and 6Music.

As pointed out above, there's no sound to fix, per se, but speaking of BBC Music, the show's on iPlayer and BBC Sounds in both video and audio forms. They'd probably get a copyright strike from the overzealous 'fans' if they uploaded to YouTube anyway, so not bothering saves them the hassle. It wouldn't be the first time a festival didn't uplad pro-shots of GN'R

Interesting that they responded!

I don't buy it however. I was playing off laptop. This morning played off TV and phone at various points. Friend played on iPlayer on his Macbook.

So sounds like that's the excuse BBC have told GN'R but doesn't really wash with me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gabmmor said:

I listened to the BBC Radio 6 stream and they had the same audio issues as the tv broadcast. Sometimes the drums and the bass sound like they were in a distant warehouse somewhere. Backing vocals and piano pretty much inaudible too. Axl's mic fading in and out, taking too long to be turned up after singing breaks. Mixing wise, I'm certain Rock in Rio 2022 is the best sounding recording we have from this line up so far.

The LA 2017 walks allover that and a better set 

Glastonbury sounds OK on the audio, axl is so lost in the mix

9 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

Interesting that they responded!

I don't buy it however. I was playing off laptop. This morning played off TV and phone at various points. Friend played on iPlayer on his Macbook.

So sounds like that's the excuse BBC have told GN'R but doesn't really wash with me.

Same, watched it on my phone and laptop and both had the issues. 

Wow! It's been a while since I've checked out GNR concert clips. I pressed play on the audio version of this show expecting to listen through a couple of the new additions to the set list. I haven't stopped and there are only a few songs left. I'm really impressed by how great Axl sounds.  This is fantastic. 

• GNFNR 1

29 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

Seems like a flimsy excuse. If they're implying that the additional buffering required for 4K rendering of broadcast caused audio issues, that should be a general buffering issue that affects everything should it not? The whole sound should have had that warbled quality to it. The sound quality overall was perfectly fine - it was Axl's mic that was dropping from the mix. How would that alone be affected by 4K televisions?