Your Most Favourite Show Ever?

15 minutes ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

GNR fans are mainly astigmatic old farts, or at least me  :D 

:lol: !!  @MYWIFEMYLIFE I couldnt think of anything to say then , laughing  ..

Haha  Yeaah we are pretty much roughly all around the same age bracket , so that's a huge plus for me , in this community .

Carrying on with the thread 

Most fave show you guys ...who's  next? 

87998c716f67cfe8eed9bd4f79fab036.jpg

Edited by wendirosez
Lol he's funny

1. Paris 1992, have that one on VHS since my parents recorded it when it aired. (Still good quality on that tape!)

2. Osaka 2009, the hype before the concert. ( i was on another forum back in the days) and when the videos was coming to Youtube, i mean 😁 Bandana, good voice, perfect setlist 

3. Stockholm 2017, i was there 😁 sounded great! Looking less bloated, crackin some jokes 😉

• GNFNR 2

2 hours ago, Swede1991 said:

1. Paris 1992, have that one on VHS since my parents recorded it when it aired. (Still good quality on that tape!)

2. Osaka 2009, the hype before the concert. ( i was on another forum back in the days) and when the videos was coming to Youtube, i mean 😁 Bandana, good voice, perfect setlist 

3. Stockholm 2017, i was there 😁 sounded great! Looking less bloated, crackin some jokes 😉

^_^Some lovely choices,  Shows & original recordings - Osaka 2009 ..Yes absolutely with you here   & I particularly like his talks there. He looks good too. @Swede1991 haha I love that you still have the original format for Paris 1992 

i  broke all mine :lol: :hug:

16 hours ago, Swede1991 said:

Good call with Osaka! That setlist!! :drool:

• GNFNR 1

Well I live in NZ so have only seen GN'R four times. Auckland 93, Auckland 07 night one, Wellington 17 and Wellington 22. Of those four my favourite was last year's show. I went looking forward to it but with realistic expectations about Axl's voice. I needn't have worried. Axl sounded way better than I could've hoped. He regularly engaged with the crowd. The chemistry between the band was even tighter than when I saw them in 17 and they were pretty fucking tight then. They played all the hits with a good mix of covers and deep cuts too. Nice to hear Absurd and Hard Skool too.

I know that there's heaps of shows that better represent the Illusion line up but I'll pick Tokyo 92 for my favourite general show for a sentimental reason. When I heard Izzy had left Guns I didn't think anyone could fill his shoes. Xmas 92 my folks bought me the two Illusion videos. Watching Gilby do the lead guitar intros to Patience and Don't Cry plus his jam with Slash on Wild Horses made me a lifelong fan of Gilby as well as GN'R.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Karice said:

The show Guns N'Roses did for the Welcome To The Jungle music video is my favorite Show. 🥰 It looked like so much fun! 🥰

What was the setlist? How many songs? Where was it? It’s your favourite so I’m assuming you know? :awesomeface:

Oh yeah.  This was the big wet one.  And 30 years tomorrow that Axl hurled his mic at me.  I might have to take some better pictures and do a post on that tomorrow. I think I still have the t-shirt and the programmes are deffo somewhere too.  Absolutely amazing weekend.  I would probably be driving down there now at the is time 30 years ago in a nimbus grey XR2.  Can’t for the life of me remember what hotel I stayed in, but the TV in the room took 50p coins to work 🤣

And I still need to get a red CDS shirt like that.   Does anyone still make them ?

Edited by Oxford
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

Oh yeah.  This was the big wet one.  And 30 years tomorrow that Axl hurled his mic at me.  I might have to take some better pictures and do a post on that tomorrow. I think I still have the t-shirt and the programmes are deffo somewhere too.  Absolutely amazing weekend.  I would probably be driving down there now at the is time 30 years ago in a nimbus grey XR2.  Can’t for the life of me remember what hotel I stayed in, but the TV in the room took 50p coins to work 🤣

And I still need to get a red CDS shirt like that.   Does anyone still make them ?

🤣The very wet muddy weekend. Glastonbury had nothing on us ! I was going to mention ..well, that's  oxford's mic there :D  Make's me smile every time now.

It would be really lovely if you did. I will look forward to that post if you do Oxford. 

Yeah ,.. See, I  wish they would give us merch like this. I got a cheap fix (black though )from AE  a couple years back.

There are a few places/ websites i have noticed ,  but not sure how reliable they are.

Ive only seen Guns twice and neither were excellent shows. Memorable for me as it was seeing them live.

Fav show to listen to is probably Marquee Club 28.06.87 or Tokyo 07.12.88 raw energy and easy to listen to. 

• Like 1