Your Most Favourite Show Ever?

Of the shows I've seen - Calgary 2010, and it's not really even close. The first night in Vegas 2016 had a great atmosphere of course, but Canada 2010 was their best tour since UYI.

Including bootlegs, I don't think I could pick one... but I've listened to MSG 1991 (3rd night), Rock Am Ring 2006, Music Machine 1986, Syracuse 1987 and Felt Forum 1988 a lot.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

7 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Of the shows I've seen - Calgary 2010, and it's not really even close. The first night in Vegas 2016 had a great atmosphere of course, but Canada 2010 was their best tour since UYI.

Including bootlegs, I don't think I could pick one... but I've listened to MSG 1991 (3rd night), Rock Am Ring 2006, Music Machine 1986, Syracuse 1987 and Felt Forum 1988 a lot.

@Gordon Comstock Hang about !  That is  8 plus numerous bloody bootlegs !   :shock::lol: I said one.  haha.  i will pick for you ....MSG 1991 (3rd night) no ? :lol:  thanks for replying :rofl-lol:

Just now, wendirosez said:

@Gordon Comstock Hang about !  That is  8 plus numerous bloody bootlegs !   :shock::lol: I said one.  haha.  i will pick for you ....MSG 1991 (3rd night) no ? :lol:  thanks for replying :rofl-lol:

I did pick just one... of the shows I've been to. :ph34r:

The band has sounded different in every era so bootlegs are harder to choose from, plus there's tons of bootlegs obviously. I could've listed another 10 shows in that post :lol:

• Haha 1

I don't have one favorite Guns show, I have my favorites when it comes to a specific performance of a Gn'R song. Like Estranged from Oklahoma '92 or Better from Download '06 for example. Nightrain from Rock Am Ring '06 and Boston '02, The Blues from Leeds '02, Boston, Pittsburgh, Godfather from Tokyo '92, Madagascar Budapest '06, etc.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Anything from 91. They were a great band at that stage with a decent catalogue and still had a gang feel to the band. Not afraid to switch up the set. Unpredictable. 

Everything I love about GNR. 

Everything since has been WAY too bloated. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For me the show in Nijmegen 2017 Netherlands. First time I saw them with Slash and Duff back, was 24 at the time and of course only dreaming before of seeing them like that! Angus Young came as a guest which was a huge bonus!! Most memorable and joyful amazing gig ever :)

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

From what I have seen, Dodger Stadium 2016 was hard to beat - great vocal display by Axl, was my first time seing them with Slash, and Steven Adler came onstage for a couple numbers and killed it

From recordings from the past, Felt Forum 1988 has long since been my favorite from the classic era

• Like 1

7 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Wembley 91, My first Guns concert and Izzy's last. We got to hear UYI tracks which were still not released at that time. 

and you got / get all UYI tracks you hear it for the first time live in person as official release (besides November Rain). That's cool.

My alltime fave, even it's dull
- Tokyo 1992

I'm a audio guy. I watch videos / DVD rarely. Have mp3 on my device

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

House of Blues, 01/01/01.

Best show I’ve been in attendance for is probably Glasgow 2012. Gdańsk in 2017 was also fucking nuts. Something special in the air that night, the band got a massive kick out of the crowd.

• Thanks 1

Favorite bootleg is either HOB 2001 or Inglewood 1991. Favorite attended is either The Ritz 2012 (Great atmosphere in a room synonymous with GN'R, and one of the better UCAP performances) or the second to last night in Vegas 2014 (Amazing setlist and a very good performance from Axl). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, jamillos said:

St. Louis 91

Blimey, you were there.  It bet that’s a hard one not to forget.  Did you get any stage swag?

Edited by Oxford
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Blimey, you were there.  It bet that’s a hard one not to forget.  Did you get any stage swag?

No, I've just seen the bootleg. :D I don't think this is necessarily about shows that you've personally been to, but I may be wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wendirosez said:

i'm loving all your replies. So many great moments , right?

@janrichmond I love your reply. It rings true for so many

@Oxford   It was a rainy May Bank Holiday wasn't it ?  ....Nice going on catching that mic

I  had to read that twice @jamillos  oh boy,  

As you were guys !:D

Yes it was.  Saturday was really bad, but the Sunday not so much, but was still muddy.  The mic still has some on it.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Oxford said:

Milton Keynes ‘93.  It might not have been the best performance, but it’s the one that holds great memories for me as I met someone who would become a lifelong friend and that’s where I caught Axls mic from someone in front’s fumbled attempt.  I was on a high for at least a month.  Even work was a pleasure.  Unfortunately, it was also my last G’NR concert for 30 years.  I still actively search out live recordings and skip to the end to see if they’ve kept the sound of the mic whoop whoop whooping through the air and the usual scuffle before the PA is turned off.  Brings back wonderful memories.  I’ve never found a decent recording of that weekend though.  But to be fair, I’ve not looked for years. 

My 1st time seeing them live, travelled from Central Scotland on the Friday night, battered down with rain after the cult played. 

I didn't sleep for 72 hours before and after.

Edited by BrayWyatt
  • Thanks 3