Your Most Favourite Show Ever?

Of shows I have seen, probably Atlanta in November 2011. It even surprises me that it was a 2011 "nu-GNR" show during the Ashba era, but it was one of those nights people talk about where Axl was in the zone in every way. It was the first time they had played Atlanta since 1987 (when Axl got arrested for attacking a security guard). It was clear he was ready to make it a memorable gig. He talked for minutes between almost every song and even obliquely referenced the Rock in Rio show a few weeks earlier (said the last few weeks had been "rough" but it was shows like this that kept him on the road). On a more general level, the band was still playing lots of Chinese Democracy songs eeach night, so there was still a little more unpredictability to the setlist. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

Of shows I have seen, probably Atlanta in November 2011. It even surprises me that it was a 2011 "nu-GNR" show during the Ashba era, but it was one of those nights people talk about where Axl was in the zone in every way. It was the first time they had played Atlanta since 1987 (when Axl got arrested for attacking a security guard). It was clear he was ready to make it a memorable gig. He talked for minutes between almost every song and even obliquely referenced the Rock in Rio show a few weeks earlier (said the last few weeks had been "rough" but it was shows like this that kept him on the road). On a more general level, the band was still playing lots of Chinese Democracy songs eeach night, so there was still a little more unpredictability to the setlist. 

I saw them in Seattle in mid-December 2011, and it was one of the best GNR shows I've seen. It was the first of 2 shows that Duff opened and he joined them for YCBM, which was cool but not as good as London 2010. Axl was having a good night though, songs like Better and Civil War weren't far from 2010 standards. It was also the "dolphin bomb" show where someone from this forum (I can't remember his username) handed out inflatable dolphins to people in the GA line, for Estranged. :lol:

Civil War

Estranged

Saw them the next night in Vancouver (Duff played Dust N Bones and joined them for Civil War and YCBM) but it wasn't as good as Seattle...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nintari said:

It would either be the Ritz or 1992 Paris. The Ritz for the rawness. The Paris show for the larger-than-life element. Guns N Roses peaked in 1992 as far as global popularity goes. They were almost demigod mode.

Paris 92 was such a spectacle, love it!

• Like 4

Vegas 2016 night one. Not the best sounding or most interesting, but it was the first proper full length show with the current lineup. I doubt the anticipation or feeling of hearing that one for the first time will be beaten for me

• Like 1

2 hours ago, axlvai said:

Hard to tell, but the lastest shows from 1991 in Florida sounds like the best band mix between 91 and 92. 

Well, that show is a combination between 1991 and 1992 in more ways that one ;)

Birmingham (UK) 2006, my first ever gig, was 15 years old, totally obsessed with the band, I begged (literally a solid few days of grovelling) my dad to buy me a ticket off of eBay a week before the show and bless him, he did! Other than watching old bootlegs and seeing previous dramas from previous shows I had no clue what was going to happen.. Axl walk off? Or worse, a riot!? 

It was incredible, one of the best nights of my life, awesome atmosphere, Axls voice was incredible. I was at the barrier at the front, got a wave from Ax.. (was probably to a bunch of us in that circle but I’ll take it). Izzy on 5 or 6  songs, Sebastian on Michelle and a few new songs sprinkled in to the setlist. We were in the middle of a heatwave so Axl made a joke “you know where you are.. you’re in the sauna baby” (we were almost melting in there!) YCBM was stopped by Axl due to security beating up some kid… my first thought was “Goddamn it, here comes the riot” :scared:

Seen them again in Birmingham in 2010 and 2012 and London in 2017 (first night) but something about that ‘06 show just has a special place in my heart, it truly was a special experience. 

oh and we got I.R.S that night also, so ‘06 wins :drool:

• Like 2

Again , it is really good to hear everyone thoughts here. 

I agree with @jamillos that was one amazing show.  (and yes it can be either any  one that you attended or have seen via You Tube etc):D

I love the fact some of you think 1991 are some of our best kept shows! ...and for some , very lucky  memories.  I strongly agree too!  although Milton Keynes 1993 would be my memory too ,simply being, i was old enough to go then.  Definitely keep it going guys.   

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, wendirosez said:

I agree with @jamillos that was one amazing show.  (and yes it can be either any  one that you attended or have seen via You Tube etc):D

I love the fact some of you think 1991 are some of our best kept shows! ...and for some , very lucky  memories.  I strongly agree too!  although Milton Keynes 1993 would be my memory too ,simply being, i was old enough to go then.  Definitely keep it going guys.   

The main reason for my choice was that 1991 (and this show in particular) was a certain interim. An interim between the original, raw era of the 80s and the professionally bombastic portion as seen in 92/93. Including the way they played the songs as well as the way Axl sang. Adler was gone, but Izzy was still there. There was chaos and the aspect of danger, but it was already the UYI tour, and things were getting more organized (despite the omnipresent issues), e.g. the stage choreography. It was the first part of the UYI tour, they were almost at the peak of fame, new songs were being introduced while the old ones still sounded great (and some maybe better). They were on TV all the time, and rightfully so. It was right in between. And St. Louis demonstrated all this perfectly, including the ending. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wendirosez said:

MK 93 was also a great show. Loved the acoustic set and also having Izzy back with them. I only had tickets for the Saturday. Did it rain

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, waxl1974 said:

MK 93 was also a great show. Loved the acoustic set and also having Izzy back with them. I only had tickets for the Saturday. Did it rain

@waxl1974Worth every raindrop right?  Most remembered  bank holiday ever... so cool so many of us went to 29/30 th though waxl^_^,

lol...   i remember being slightly ..<_< because it wasn't 1991 :lol: then when Blind Melon . Cult , Soul Asylum,  (the Ronnie Woods  helicopter /appearance )were on i was like :angry:  ,,but now, i look back and can appreciate... ~

we were so young then :lol:

• Like 1