Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

6 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

What I mean is like stylistically. Structurally maybe. For example, If you're replacing a dark mood shredded solo of Buckethead with a bluesy Slash you're trying to impose an external object not meant to be there. Like a torn in your skin.

That's how I see it, but I respect everyone's opinion. 

Shredding is not part of the Guns N Roses sound really.  I'm sure any songs with that sound have been shelved. 

It seems like most of Nu Guns hated Bucket anyways so probably best to move on

1 minute ago, klakly said:

That album is far from being able to be called a masterpiece; the numbers speak for themselves.
That a small portion of fans like it is another matter, but that has nothing to do with the larger picture.
In no way could Buckethead, Robin etc. compete with Slash & co. In those who loved GnR in their original and natural form.
That's all.  Greetings.

If your metrics is the 'numbers' and'competition' then, yes, KPOP and Justin Bieber are better than Pink Floyd or Black Sabbath.

But I can't argue about your point regarding old GNR fans being satisfied with the current state of the band. Of course they're happy seeing idols together having fun. ❤️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lio said:

And they always will with Guns N' Roses. They must be the unluckiest band in history.

I think it is quite common that internal deadlines are pushed on large projects. That's not necessarily a fuck up or unlucky. It is the nature of the beast. We make a big deal out of it because we happened to get info on the tentative release date so we interpret this as some blunder or mishap, while all it is, is a small delay before the release is announced. 

1 minute ago, jacdaniel said:

Shredding is not part of the Guns N Roses sound really.  I'm sure any songs with that sound have been shelved. 

It seems like most of Nu Guns hated Bucket anyways so probably best to move on

Yes, being Avant-garde and stuff is not for the masses or those who love the old band. Anyway GNR 98-06 is gone for good or bad. Everyone moved on. 

11 minutes ago, DK6 said:

Yeah who wants to hear slash playing on gnr songs???

Everyone.

As a NewGnr fan I'm not here to defend Axl's messy way which had led to ruin a good solo career opportunity. All he had to do was to just not name it GNR. :-)

Edited by ©GnrPersia

9 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Se le tue metriche sono i "numeri" e la "concorrenza", allora sì, KPOP e Justin Bieber sono meglio dei Pink Floyd o dei Black Sabbath.

Ma non posso discutere sul tuo punto di vista sul fatto che i vecchi fan dei GNR siano soddisfatti dello stato attuale della band. Ovviamente sono felici di vedere gli idoli insieme divertirsi. ❤️

It is also a question of sonority.

I don't like Bucket's stuff, for example, it doesn't stir anything in me, although I recognize that in his he is virtuoso.

But in GnR I don't find him correct.

That "industrial" vein of Axl's was not GnR, which is why I said it had better have been an album branded "Axl &Friends."

Come on, you can't think that NuGnR would even remotely have the appeal of GnR,and here it has nothing to do with Bieber or Kpop. At least, here in Europe where I live, Axl had literally disappeared at that time and CD was really poorly received. Anyone I know who loved I GnR that album doesn't consider it at all. Even for me in fact there are only the title track and Better that I can save.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, klakly said:

It is also a question of sonority.

I don't like Bucket's stuff, for example, it doesn't stir anything in me, although I recognize that in his he is virtuoso.

But in GnR I don't find him correct.

That "industrial" vein of Axl's was not GnR, which is why I said it had better have been an album branded "Axl &Friends."

Come on, you can't think that NuGnR would even remotely have the appeal of GnR,and here it has nothing to do with Bieber or Kpop. At least, here in Europe where I live, Axl had literally disappeared at that time and CD was really poorly received. Anyone I know who loved I GnR that album doesn't consider it at all. Even for me in fact there are only the title track and Better that I can save.

Very well put. Though we might have some differences in music preference or opinion regarding that era; But I agree with the point you made about people's appeal being low or almost non-existent during NewGnr era.

21 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

The weirdest thing about this is that there are a bunch of people at a random bar somewhere in america being the first people on earth listening to the new GNR song, and they couldn't give a shit about it.

It ain’t 1991, 99.9% of people don’t care

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Molto ben messo. Sebbene potremmo avere alcune differenze nelle preferenze musicali o nelle opinioni riguardo a quell'epoca; Ma sono d'accordo con il punto che hai fatto sul fatto che l'appeal delle persone fosse basso o quasi inesistente durante l'era NewGnr.

Well, we finally agree on something 😀

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lio said:

I don't know. They're management, right? They have nothing to do with the release of music? 

If anyone else is doing that, maybe that's good news. They could be fired or reprimanded as something has most definitely gone wrong. No matter how it's twisted.

No, they have nothing to do with the distribution of Guns N Roses music. That's the labels job. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Yes he didn't like doing it but that was part of the deal.

He sucked, I'm glad he's gone. New guy mixes much better.

5 hours ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

From Fortus' passive aggressive comment about not being in the mix, then I guess Caram doesn't work for them anymore?

Caram is gone, now they have a new guy (who's much better).

I listened to the SC recording, would be nice if I could hear over the people talking. Might go to a bar tomorrow to play it.

• Like 2

7 minuti fa, SoulMonster ha detto:

Non parlare per me, per favore. Sono un veterano che considera Slash il mio chitarrista preferito. Tuttavia, Buckethead è stato fantastico nei GN'R e non vorrei che Slash registrasse nuovamente le sue parti nelle versioni future. In parte perché preferisco che le parti originali siano intatte per, beh, mantenere intatta l'integrità della musica, e in parte perché penso che Slash sia oltre i suoi anni migliori.

In quella nota, la più grande "tragedia" nella storia dei GN'R (nella misura in cui qualsiasi cosa è una tragedia e nella misura in cui posso raccogliere sentimenti forti sulla band), è che Axl non è riuscito a far uscire Chinese Democracy nel 2001 . Se lo avesse fatto, Bucket, Robin e Josh potrebbero rimanere nella band e si spera che il seguito sarebbe stato pubblicato non molti anni dopo. 

Invece, l'incapacità di Axl di farlo uscire si è allontanato da Robin, Bucket e Josh, con il risultato che Axl ha dovuto trovare sostituti, ri-registrare parti e gradualmente diventare sempre più distante dal materiale che credo sia parte del motivo per cui il CD è uscito per la prima volta. uscito nel 2008 e il seguito è stato ora suddiviso in singoli singoli che ancora una volta sono stati contaminati da un nuovo ciclo di ri-registrazioni.

Sorry, but I don't see it that way.

Buckethead I didn't find it suitable as a sound to GnR just another thing, which person(but I think there are many of us) don't like, preferring the "feeling" although more "dirty" of Slash, which is what made me love GnR together with Axl's voice.

I don't think in any way CD could ever be received differently, at least here in Europe (I don't know where you live), because it was distant from the conception of classic GnR.

All the members who passed in that period would not have been considered "official" anyway, imho.

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

Just woke up. 24 new pages!!!!!

This is the most hilarious leak OF ALL TIME. NOTHING WILL BEAT THIS! EVER! 

If there is ever a new album I hope it only gets released on one mystery jukebox somewhere in the world so some kind of MyGNR globetrotting trek can ensue :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Lio said:

I don't know. They're management, right? They have nothing to do with the release of music? 

Axl communicates his objectives to management and others, management starts the work and then at some point hands it over to others who are responsible for actually carrying out the work that needs to be done to achieve the objectives. I highly doubt Team Brazil is micro-managing all aspects of the distribution of music. That being said, you could always argue they are ultimately responsible that third parties do as contractually obliged.

As for the delay in the release of Perhaps: We don't know exactly who weren't able to do their work on time allowing for a release on August 11, but with so many moving parts it doesn't really surprise me that a tentative and internal deadline had to be pushed back, without that necessarily being anyone's "mistake" or "fault". 

Furthermore, when it comes to managing a band like Guns N' Roses, you always have to account for the Axl Factor: Axl's tendency to change his mind or disappear for periods of time. I am sure that makes work life a whole lot harder for anyone involved, the management included. Hopefully, Axl hasn't decided to shelf the release of Perhaps, this is just a short pushback of the release.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, klakly said:

Sorry, but I don't see it that way.

Buckethead I didn't find it suitable as a sound to GnR just another thing, which person(but I think there are many of us) don't like, preferring the "feeling" although more "dirty" of Slash, which is what made me love GnR together with Axl's voice.

I don't think in any way CD could ever be received differently, at least here in Europe (I don't know where you live), because it was distant from the conception of classic GnR.

All the members who passed in that period would not have been considered "official" anyway, imho.

Again, I am an old-timer and have been a fan since 1988. I can just give you my opinion and ask you to not speak for me. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Muddy said:

This is really interesting.

Release the song so it can only be heard at bars .

Die hard GNR fans flock to local bars to play it , and whoever else is at that bar hears it too(when they probably wouldn’t have otherwise).

The marketing team threw a curveball and I think it’s a great strategy 

Yea! Also trying to save the gig economy and hospitality! Postive press! 🤣👍

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BassistSeb said:

If there is ever a new album I hope it only gets released on one mystery jukebox somewhere in the world so some kind of MyGNR globetrotting trek can ensue :lol:

Treasure hunt! First the Zelda shield for The General, now we must complete dungeons to find the last Jukebox in the world that houses The General....they really are going for a tie-in! 😉