"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

8 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I think it was 7 weeks in between Absurd and Hard Skool. The 6th is the 7th week since Perhaps, and happens to be when they play Powertrip

Just sayin'

I was just wondering about that. Interesting, my guess is we will get a digital release of The General prior to the vinyl drop. 

• Like 3

With the Universal Store email, they are likely only able to confirm or deny products that are actually listed. Since the vinyl is the only product listed with The General on it, of course their answer will be 'vinyl exclusive right now'. They won't be making any announcements before the band does on other releases (be they CD, cassette, digital, etc) because those products don't exist publicly yet and they are not authorised to make those sorts of statements. Even then, customer service would know much less than the actual distribution and promotions team.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

With the Universal Store email, they are likely only able to confirm or deny products that are actually listed. Since the vinyl is the only product listed with The General on it, of course their answer will be 'vinyl exclusive right now'. They won't be making any announcements before the band does on other releases (be they CD, cassette, digital, etc) because those products don't exist publicly yet and they are not authorised to make those sorts of statements. Even then, customer service would know much less than the actual distribution and promotions team.

Yeah, I didn't post this to confirm that it's not coming to streamings. On the contrary. What this actually confirms is that the "never coming to streamings" bit was baseless. lol

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

I know this is way too early for this, but anyone who ordered 4 copy's want to resell one. PM me. 

It isn't sold out on the international stores, so maybe you can buy it from there, e.g. the UK one (although I can imagine that the shipping will be more expensive for you).

Edited by Blackstar

14 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I think it was 7 weeks in between Absurd and Hard Skool. The 6th is the 7th week since Perhaps, and happens to be when they play Powertrip

Just sayin'

Yeah, dropping it next week in time for the Cali shows would be pretty neat!

6 minutes ago, Nick85 said:

Yeah, dropping it next week in time for the Cali shows would be pretty neat!

After Richard’s comments about playing it I’m thinking for sure by first weekend in October we will have it and it will give them a chance to play it for at least the remainder of the tour

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wabby said:

After Richard’s comments about playing it I’m thinking for sure by first weekend in October we will have it and it will give them a chance to play it for at least the remainder of the tour

im saying Houston, san diego or phoenix when The general gets debuted at

13 hours ago, HazednDazed said:

There would be a lot less crying in this thread if people just bought a record player 

I fkn did. I wanted one for ages and thought, now is the time. Already got some of my favourite LPs and spinning Sticky Fingers right now, next one will be The Baboon Show - The World Is Bigger Than You

Another expensive hobby 😂

If they drop it on streaming services before, I hope I got enough self-control to wait until The General vinyl arrives .

• Like 1