"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

1 hour ago, Carnal894x said:

If I actually had money right now....lol.... id be willing to bet a good amount of it that somewhere someone or at least a few people has to have a good amount of this stuff. I really want to hear Soul Monster.

Rumor has it most, if not all of the Roy Thomas Baker stuff is out there, probably between a few people. Someone is bound to leak it eventually. We're overdue for more leaks at this point. 

7 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

If this happens and it’s a demo with the CD lineup, I think I might try to avoid it until I listen to the official release. 

I believe this would be ideal, but it would be hard as hell to resist. 

• Like 2

Im not that interested in a leak of an early the General now that I know we will have it soon. 

I`m more intrigued about a full Soul monster, Seven or Zodiac as those have a really uncertain future. Im not sure if Seven got vocals, but Zodiac and Soul monster seems to have based on Axl himself and/or how they are labeled in leaks

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, betterman said:

Im not that interested in a leak of an early the General now that I know we will have it soon. 

I`m more intrigued about a full Soul monster, Seven or Zodiac as those have a really uncertain future. Im not sure if Seven got vocals, but Zodiac and Soul monster seems to have based on Axl himself and/or how they are labeled in leaks

Brain talked about chorus and bridge for that song, but based on his colorful description, it may have been a joke.

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

Rumor has it most, if not all of the Roy Thomas Baker stuff is out there, probably between a few people. Someone is bound to leak it eventually. We're overdue for more leaks at this point. 

I believe this would be ideal, but it would be hard as hell to resist. 

Refresh my memory but what does the Roy Thomas Baker stuff consist of? Or do we even know?

31 minutes ago, Wabby said:

Refresh my memory but what does the Roy Thomas Baker stuff consist of? Or do we even know?

People guess, that's what 'we know' ...basically nothing and people have theories, which are mostly OK to read 

Anything off reddit is pure bullshit, everyone claims to have a source 

1 hour ago, Wabby said:

@card5777 claimed years ago to have most, if not all of the Roy Thomas Baker sessions. He told me Seven was named so because that's the number of band members involved in that song. He also said This I Love was not to be on CD, but the band protested. 

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Brain talked about chorus and bridge for that song, but based on his colorful description, it may have been a joke.

Didnt fortus recently talk about 7 being d-tune, circus maximus and beltrami mix? If that's True i think it has vocals too.

21 minutes ago, Dummy said:

Didnt fortus recently talk about 7 being d-tune, circus maximus and beltrami mix? If that's True i think it has vocals too.

I don't think Fortus would give out that much info to be honest. It has been assumed or discussed whether or not Circus Maximus is an early Seven. It's a great tune, IMO from the Village mix, except some of the, what I assume Pitman bits are a bit much but once the bass kicks in, then the drums, it's amazing. What a great build-up, and the piano parts too, I hope they use the bones of that song for something special. 

18 minutes ago, Dummy said:

I don't know where this rumour came from. I have yet to see evidence (screenshot, article etc) of Fortus saying that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't know where this rumour came from. I have yet to see evidence (screenshot, article etc) of Fortus saying that.

Appeareantly there was a conversation on Facebook with some users but I never saw a screenshot or something similar so I assume It's bullshit

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AtlasIllusions said:

If a leaked general demo came out now between when the official release is, I would want to wait for the official release. But in all honesty ... if the only thing between me and hearing the general right now was a play button... I do not think I could wait lol. 

It does make you wonder though, how many people are actually sitting on any demos of that song! 

5 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

If this happens and it’s a demo with the CD lineup, I think I might try to avoid it until I listen to the official release. 

100% agree. If a demo was leaked with no official release in sight I’d immediately listen, but we’re so close!

@Sweersa also just to clarify, I don’t have any sort of info, I’m just thinking back in time - Mike Piazza leaks, Skwerl, MSL Chicken Dinner, Village sessions etc, they’ve always leaked relatively (in context) close to an official release

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

@Sweersa also just to clarify, I don’t have any sort of info, I’m just thinking back in time - Mike Piazza leaks, Skwerl, MSL Chicken Dinner, Village sessions etc, they’ve always leaked relatively (in context) close to an official release

In a way, the more buzz surrounding GN'R stuff, the better. I'm sure there's several fans, or not even fans, just privileged folks who have treasure troves, or a few gems, who don't really care so much about them, then hear about them or Guns in the media, then decide to share, leak, sell, or whatever around that time. 

The 9 mixes leaked in 2008 were of demos mixed years prior, my guess is they are from 2003, give or take a year. So they sat around for a while before they came to light. 

2 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Hopefully they ship a couple of days early, which doesn't seem to be uncommon anymore. But GNR so ya.....

Orders from their store in the US seem to ship from the east side of MI, so I'll get mine quick, as I'm a few hours west of there. 

IF there is a digital release (streaming services), it’ll drop on or before the 27th.

The vinyl may start shipping out that day, but like the new Stones and Blink-182 albums, they’re releasing on streaming the same day as the physical variations start shipping to customers, and then naturally, the physical copies will be in stores that day for those who didn’t pre-order.

20 minutes ago, HazednDazed said:

I’m going to see Tommy Stinson at a super small venue tonight. If I get the chance to ask him any gnr related questions is there anything I should be asking?? 

Was there many songs with vocals that didn't see the light of day (you could say, no pun intended with that one!) Was CD2 ready to come out with New Guns

1 hour ago, HazednDazed said:

I’m going to see Tommy Stinson at a super small venue tonight. If I get the chance to ask him any gnr related questions is there anything I should be asking?? 

I hope you get to meet him. Ask him for an autograph. 

If you have the chance please ask him about cuban skies!

I would also guess there are entire "tape trading" communities that collect demos and rarities from more legit sources (storage lockers, studio employees, etc.) than message board users that may have unreleased music. These songs are likely out there, maybe not in the hands of GnR fans though. At least not GnR fans willing to lose their place in the greater tape trading community. 

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

…Until the vinyls start shipping. A few more days until we hear it. 

Yeah not sure why people assume the day the vinyl starts SHIPPING is the day you get to hear it:lol:

I called this weeks ago and I'm sticking to the theory that The General will be released to Youtube with a full music or lyric video on Halloween, aswell as come out everywhere else digitally like Spotify, Apple music etc. on the 31st.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 4