"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

37 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

"Coma" from Live Era is still only officially available on vinyl in the US.

It's on the Japanese CD as a bonus track.

I don't think they've ever made it available digitally.  It's out there, yes, but not officially from the band or label.

33 minutes ago, bumbleslash69 said:

Ironically enough, didn’t they release it as an MP3 back in the day? Not disputing what you’re getting at. I don’t think it’s wild for a band to release a physical only song, even GnR. 

Yeah, Coma was available as a free download on KROQ site back then, IIRC. 

Also, it’s a live song. Not exactly new material. The same goes for Hard Skool live tracks. Those are totally different scenarios. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Why did people get hung up on it being State of Grace? That chord progression is pretty common and it’s used very differently in SoG compared to the cell clip

It just that it doesn't take too much for a good portion of GN'R fans to create a conspiracy theory and then get more people hung up on it.

In this case, the combination of people pointing out some similarities in the chord progression, of the "mystique" and hype surrounding The General, and of the fact that State of Grace is a song we had never heard of before (there's this weird perception that if a song hasn't been mentioned it must be really another song that we know of), was enough.

That's what I could understand from the lyrics of Minday11's phone audio :

[...] Of you now

Who would do this, to you? (2x)

To the young!

(Axl sings something, but its indistinguishable)

0:21 

In fact you do it 
Who ??? of all that ???
Who wants, to lose?

~ Solo ~ 

~ Orchestra Comes In ~

My hopes, my dreams are dead now
But it's nothing for you, do they bother you?
There's a child, I don't care, on the bed now
To leave a stain upon their soul because I wanted to
[...] for you, or your child 
But this time you've broken everything inside 
[...] I am never Satisfied
that's just part of you 
does it bother you???"

9 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You'd think someone who has heard it and is hardcore of a fan enough to register and post on this forum would give a better description of it than "it sounded great"

I have a life, im not here all the time

edit: Def not state of grace

Edited by saint_seiya_aka_buckethead
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, gunsnchalupas said:

I was the one who played it over the phone for him. 

The song I played him was Livin' On A Prayer by Bon Jovi. 

So you're telling us The General is actually Livin' On A Prayer (Alt. Lyrics)? 😱😱😱

1 minute ago, saint_seiya_aka_buckethead said:

I have a life, im not here all the time

edit: Def not state of grace

My buddy played it for me over the phone too and i remember some lyrics “ All this time i thought i had my eye on you…….” and there was multiple “”Hey Heys” so i knew it was for sure Axl and real 😂 

• Haha 2

alright, if anyone here has already listened to the song, why isn't there any cellphone recording of the song? Because that excuse about don't know how to rip the song from the vinyl isn't good, just record with the cell phone and send to the web

3 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

This is where I'm calling cap. No way it's shorter then both perhaps and hard skool

The phone recording leak is 2 mins, and the orchestra arrangement played before the shows back in the day was much longer. 3 and a half mins is hard to believe.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

2 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

This is where I'm calling cap. No way it's shorter then both perhaps and hard skool

I know I would have trouble discerning how long a song is by listening to it through a phone, or through anything, really. 

I would imagine The General is at least one minute or ideally, two minutes longer than Perhaps or Hard Skool.