"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

1 minute ago, saint_seiya_aka_buckethead said:

how could I possibly know this from a phone recording are you nuts? 

I mean don't you remember anything about the song. Is it a rocker? Screaming vocals? What other song does it remind you? Do you remember a word from the lyrics?

1 minute ago, saint_seiya_aka_buckethead said:

Are you sure you didn't just listen to the leaked 2 min phone recording that has been going around for years? That one is hard to make much out of, except for the orchestral arrangement, some screaming and a guitar solo.

Yes, i am nuts.

Evader did a freaking remix with full lyrics out of a phone call that sounded like it was ecorded in a potato, but you didn't heard anything on a phone call, not even a word.

Guys,

The lyrics are about the Roswell Incident in 1947, case solved.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, saint_seiya_aka_buckethead said:

well, people already wrote what the lyrics supposed to say with the leak audio from the party, so if you listened on the cell phone the main version so you can at least say something 

• Like 1

ok ill try to summarize things better:

Axl sounds like hes screaming mid through song but not like he does in Evader. I doubt he can pull this off live, it sounds like Axl's voice from Oh My God era. 
The drum beats are very close to how Evader created his song. 
I didnt hear the orchestra , could be the over production of the song.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

Yes, i am nuts.

Evader did a freaking remix with full lyrics out of a phone call that sounded like it was ecorded in a potato, but you didn't heard anything on a phone call, not even a word.

Guys,

The lyrics are about the Roswell Incident in 1947, case solved.

Co-written by Tom DeLonge confirmed 

(sorry, I'm really dating myself here) 

Its 2023 and whoever listened to the song doesn't know how to send an audio on whatsapp.

Maybe the lyrics are about that time when axl was flying down in a flying saucer through Varginha, Brazil and he got shot by the sudanese task force and he had to run through the savanas of Brazil using the same kilt he used on 1992.

That happened in 1996, around the same time when axl wrote Oklahoma.

I sense a connection here...

• Haha 3

I can't speak for others, but the reason I'm concerned it's State of Grace is cause GNR haven't released anything that we haven't heard leaked since Sorry, TIL, and Scraped.  In 2008.

Also, Baz's descriptions are notoriously vague and shitty, but the way he described The General could also apply to SOG.

Considering how often the working titles changed, it's not unreasonable to theorize that the song that was originally known as State of Grace in 1999 could eventually evolve into what Baz heard as The General in 2006.

• Like 1

I mean, if the vinyl is legitimately in someone’s possession right now, why can’t they very easily record from their phone a bit of the R-side? Heck, even a voice memo would do. 

We had folks on here able to get the entirety of “Perhaps” by playing it at the bar, I don’t think simply recording your record player is implausible?

Edited by GNRRHCP98

12 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

I can't speak for others, but the reason I'm concerned it's State of Grace is cause GNR haven't released anything that we haven't heard leaked since Sorry, TIL, and Scraped.  In 2008.

Also, Baz's descriptions are notoriously vague and shitty, but the way he described The General could also apply to SOG.

Considering how often the working titles changed, it's not unreasonable to theorize that the song that was originally known as State of Grace in 1999 could eventually evolve into what Baz heard as The General in 2006.

It will be a massive disappointment if it’s just a redone SOG. It’s been so long since we have heard anything fresh

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

I mean, if the vinyl is legitimately in someone’s possession right now, why can’t they very easily record from their phone a bit of the R-side? Heck, even a voice memo would do. 

We had folks on here able to get the entirety of “Perhaps” by playing it at the bar, I don’t think simply recording your record player is implausible?

I got my vinyl in the mail and I would play it, but Team Brasil tricked me.

When it is delivered and you sign for it with UPS, it turns out you're signing a 56 page NDA. I'm contractually not even allowed to listen to it on my home stereo until the release date so it has been sitting on my shelf. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, twainwreck88 said:

Whyyyyyy

Maybe SOG Would come in the Sean Beavan era...that is, 98/99.

The final demo we have in RM 3 is from 2000, But with no Buckethead or Brain yet...Axl clearly hadn't finished the lyrics yet, and final part of the song does remember the general....the sinister guitar riff and the half steps you can hear on "when do you think you can tell me..."

Brain says it was a different jam in 2001...and in 2002 we can especulate that the song received Marco Beltrami's orchestras, and in 2003 there was an interview saying the name The General for the first time...

Am I saying that they are the same song? not at all....but maybe SOG was left aside and EVOLVED TO the general...

Again, this is just pure speculation from my side and everyone's guesses is as good as mine..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

Maybe SOG Would come in the Sean Beavan era...that is, 98/99.

The final demo we have in RM 3 is from 2000, But with no Buckethead or Brain yet...Axl clearly hadn't finished the lyrics yet, and final part of the song does remember the general....the sinister guitar riff and the half steps you can hear on "when do you think you can tell me..."

Brain says it was a different jam in 2001...and in 2002 we can especulate that the song received Marco Beltrami's orchestras, and in 2003 there was an interview saying the name The General for the first time...

Am I saying that they are the same song? not at all....but maybe SOG was left aside and EVOLVED TO the general...

Again, this is just pure speculation from my side and everyone's guesses is as good as mine..

You pretty much put into words my exact thoughts on this matter, would be incredible to hear that guitar riff on The General

• Like 1