"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

3 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Does anyone know who handles shipping/distribution for items from the GNR store? Where past items ordered have shipped from?

Typically from Michigan. Could be from other spots as well. UMG distributes it

It could ship tomorrow. It could also take a few days as well 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Does anyone know who handles shipping/distribution for items from the GNR store? Where past items ordered have shipped from?

This is my first ever purchase from the GNR store. Although now I’m tempted to by the hard skool “ep” vinyl. 

Ok so out of 5 people, no one has a clue what this song is in this big streaming company, The General is not on their schedule nor catalog. They know Perhaps, they had been informed, but know nothing about The General & its release. They had never heard of the title. They did have a clear schedule for a live, a remix and an edit of Cruel Summer by Taylor Swift on October 18th, my friend showed me this past schedule as an example from last week.

There's a semi-good news though, I asked him "even if it's not on the catalog/shedule and no one knows, if they receive the song tonight, can they release it at midnight?" and he said yes.

But he doubts it will happen, things don't work in such a small time frame normally, they do have a clear schedule, 12/24 hours in advance at least. He's also been very surprised when I explained him The General will be released on a b-side, on a vinyl, tomorrow. He doesn't understand how they don't have any info/anything for a digital release for such a huge band when there's a physical release tomorrow, apparently (meaning it should already have been shipped today or yesterday to people who pre-ordered to make sure they get it on release day). He thinks it doesn't smell good and doubts the vinyl releases tomorrow either, or it would be something he's not seen for a while. Normally every physical release is timed with a digital release. Has been for years. Digital even comes before physical most of the time. Or maybe they'll be given the song late tonight/early tomorrow to make things coincide with the vinyl release.

I do find this situation very funny though. Funny people working in this big streaming service (one of the biggest) know less about this particular song than we do, funny Guns management works as it always does, and this thread makes me laugh a lot (but I'm not trolling I promise). Let's hope the vinyl releases tomorrow at least. If not well, there'll be even more things to say about this song in the future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

I just wrote the support and asked if  the 7'' is in Stock and when it will be shipped. 

• Like 1

There’s a bit of a difference in a release date and an expected shipping date for a preorder 

I would think eventually it will be on streaming sites. I’m not even sure if it will be shipped tomorrow. Hopefully in the next week. Expected shipping is a estimate 

Remember this is a Perhaps vinyl. The band isn’t exactly pushing much of anything about the B side

Edited by guitarpatch

8 minutes ago, D.. said:

Ok so out of 5 people, no one has a clue what this song is in this big streaming company, The General is not on their schedule nor catalog. They know Perhaps, they had been informed, but know nothing about The General & its release. They had never heard of the title. They did have a clear schedule for a live, a remix and an edit of Cruel Summer by Taylor Swift on October 18th, my friend showed me this past schedule as an example from last week.

There's a semi-good news though, I asked him "even if it's not on the catalog/shedule and no one knows, if they receive the song tonight, can they release it at midnight?" and he said yes.

But he doubts it will happen, things don't work in such a small time frame normally, they do have a clear schedule, 12/24 hours in advance at least. He's also been very surprised when I explained him The General will be released on a b-side, on a vinyl, tomorrow. He doesn't understand how they don't have any info/anything for a digital release for such a huge band when there's a physical release tomorrow, apparently (meaning it should already have been shipped today or yesterday to people who pre-ordered to make sure they get it on release day). He thinks it doesn't smell good and doubts the vinyl releases tomorrow either, or it would be something he's not seen for a while. Normally every physical release is timed with a digital release. Has been for years. Digital even comes before physical most of the time. Or maybe they'll be given the song late tonight/early tomorrow to make things coincide with the vinyl release.

I do find this situation very funny though. Funny people working in this big streaming service (one of the biggest) know less about this particular song than we do, funny Guns management works as it always does, and this thread makes me laugh a lot (but I'm not trolling I promise). Let's hope the vinyl releases tomorrow at least. If not well, there'll be even more things to say about this song in the future.

I might have to eat my words. I was sure this would be a digital release like the other three singles. It would be weird to have it come out on vinyl before streaming, so maybe it is vinyl- exclusive. Bizarre 

• Like 1

Nothing official was ever said about it releasing “being streaming or what not”on the 27th.  GNRMerch.com has always stated it ships on the 26th or 27th.  It “releases” when you throw it on your turntable, hook up the USB and record.

• Like 1

So.... it's looking very like GNR are releasing a new song, very highly anticipated, exclusively via an ancient analog medium, in likely low quality, possibly severely compromised by the length of the track and the limitations of the physical product and it may arrive at some point via post in the next week/month/2/3/months depending on where you happen to live. 

You honestly couldn't make this stuff up. There are bands playing in bars to 15 people who do this stuff better. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

I would think eventually it will be on streaming sites. I’m not even sure if it will be shipped tomorrow. Hopefully in the next week. Expected shipping is a estimate 

Yup, this was always in the back of my head. How reliable are those dates? :question:

Ultimately, it doesn't matter if the song is out today or in 3- weeks. It is just Axl, so we all have a mild worry that he may decide to pull the plug on its release. We just want it out for peace of mind!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Litti said:

IMG20231026732.jpg

Back side view

If you're going to copy and paste the copyright text from Chinese Democracy, at least change the catalog number. Come on, man.

Now do us a favour and just post the original digital version of the front cover you made, it's actually pretty cool.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

Yup, this was always in the back of my head. How reliable are those dates? :question:

Ultimately, it doesn't matter if the song is out today or in 3- weeks. It is just Axl, so we all have a mild worry that he may decide to pull the plug on its release. We just want it out for peace of mind!

Oh it’s coming. They got the $. I’m sure it’s all sitting in a warehouse right now. When it gets to the distribution center and shipping labels printed is another thing 

Oh also the obligatory post to say it's just a b-side throwaway, I feel shocked and betrayed that it wasn't released on spotify despite the fact that GNR appeared in search results when I kept typing in random song titles, what if it doesn't have vocals, I think it might be State Of Grace/Billionaire/Prom Violence/Shankler's Revenge, and what if the cellphone recording was actually Soul Monster. I will save time and just say now that Slash's version sounds worse than the original that I haven't heard, but I will also speculate what if the original CD version is actually on the vinyl. Also my friend's cousin's neighbour has their copy of the vinyl already because they have a friend who's uncle works at Universal and they said it sounds epic. I also asked chatgpt and it said that The General was released last week and is a heavy metal song similar to Patience, and is a war themed song with lyrics inspired by the invasion of Ukraine. I'm very worried this song will never be released despite the fact we have already pre-ordered our copies.

• Haha 4

Just now, Azifwekare said:

If you're going to copy and paste the copyright text from Chinese Democracy, at least change the catalog number. Come on, man.

Now do us a favour and just post the original digital version of the front cover you made, it's actually pretty cool.

This guy is still wasting his time faking this shit while no one believes him 😂