"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

Just now, allwaystired said:

I think Axl is largely shielded from stuff like this. Too many people's jobs rely on him being happy. 

Sure...I agree...but I'm sure he gets bored and cycles.thro twitter, etc from time to time....Im sure they don't take his password from him like Adele or some shit! 

4 minutes ago, jamillos said:

@youngunner Maybe look at things in a context. Some people have been following GNR for decades. And while they surely love the band... the amount of delays, failure to deliver, non-communication, ignorance, incompetence and other fuckery and general frustrating nonsense has...

....made us never to expect anything except the bare minimum from this band in the future. Other people have for some reason not got the memo...

1 minute ago, Voodoochild said:

It's only a matter of time to have some outlets writing articles like "Fans outcry with yet another letdown by GNR". Like many said, the negative response is bigger this time. Above all else, this not about numbers. They do still want to be relevant, in their minds at least. They wouldn't advertise on Times Square if they didn't care. 

And again: just let people be upset about it.

A media article will have 0 impact on the casual fan that fills up the GH tour.

This simply impacts a few thousand still interested in the CD Era. An Era where frustration was the norm

2 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

It's only a matter of time to have some outlets writing articles like "Fans outcry with yet another letdown by GNR". Like many said, the negative response is bigger this time. Above all else, this not about numbers. They do still want to be relevant, in their minds at least. They wouldn't advertise on Times Square if they didn't care. 

And again: just let people be upset about it.

If media decides to make a story about how a few hardcore fans go absolutely nuts because GN'R delays the release of a single vinyl, I am not so sure that story will be complimentary to us. 

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Furthermore, in some industries delays is a common thing. And as people more in the know than me has pointed out,t this has also been very common in the vinyl industry. 

this is a GnR problem. Not an industry problem. The industry didnt inform GnR yday that all thier vinyls were 6 weeks delayed. several days ago we had people mentioning 56 page writs!

I recently ordered 50 vinyls for my band. will be with me in 2 weeks. Yes i get it, scalability, 50 compared to GnRs 10s of thousands, but you know what GnR have that I don't? Clout and millions of dollars. And what else, one of the actual members of GnR announced an album AFTER this was put on sale, and then put a video out of himself watching the vinyls getting created, BEFORE they cancelled this. you couldnt make it up!!

I understand you like to play devils advocate, however it is always on the same side. TB and Axl. It is beyond doubt you crave the Jarmo role, because your responses are not rational. If you were a fan that gave a damn you'd be angry. Ok you don't have to demand a fight in the octagon, but you seem if anything, pleased this has happened so you can get back on the high horse about TB and Axl being our overlords!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I've been a fan since the late 80s. I'm pretty sure my expectations of this band were as realistic and low as they could be......seems they need to be even lower. 

I do wonder how low we can go, if we're at the stage of paying for stuff they don't deliver without a grumble? 

Well, we can certainly get to the point where we EXPECT a release to be delayed. If you had expected it to be delayed and mentally prepared yourself for not hearing it in October but rather in November or December or some time in 2024, I am sure you would take it all more stoically. 

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Sure, but the valuation of the song isn't dependent upon getting it In October and not December. It doesn't matter to our enjoyment. The product is the same. 

And every person will not cancel their order simply because it is delayed a bit ;)

It isn't about the quality or lack thereof potentially of the product. It's about the service from the brand/band and delivery of said product. If this was my experience with amazon, google, tesco, walmart whatever, id never shop with them again. GnR don't eget excused coz they're old rockers

6 minutes ago, youngunner said:

Yes, I am one of those fans who have followed since 2001. It's perfectly normal to be frustrated. Im just trying to save you the time based off of my experience. This is nothing new. Much better to just realize that until the song is playing in your home, don't expect the journey to be "smooth"

Literally nobody is expecting that. But the band is outdoing themselves regarding the amount of incomprehensive bullshit over the years; therefore, people will react. But nobody needs your protection, you know? Experience or not. Some people here have been fans for a longer time than you – imagine how silly it looks when you’re trying to lecture them and mock them for being pissed off. Just relax, man. ;) 

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Well, we can certainly get to the point where we EXPECT a release to be delayed. If you had expected it to be delayed and mentally prepared yourself for not hearing it in October but rather in November or December or some time in 2024, I am sure you would take it all more stoically. 

Well, I now expect it to be delayed again and then never get released so we shall see if they can go lower than that......

Just now, JimiRose said:

this is a GnR problem. Not an industry problem. The industry didnt inform GnR yday that all thier vinyls were 6 weeks delayed. several days ago we had people mentioning 56 page writs!

But I am not talking about the lack of communication, I am talking about people being upset because GN'R failed to deliver on time, yet again.

1 minute ago, JimiRose said:

I recently ordered 50 vinyls for my band. will be with me in 2 weeks. Yes i get it, scalability, 50 compared to GnRs 10s of thousands, but you know what GnR have that I don't? Clout and millions of dollars. And what else, one of the actual members of GnR announced an album AFTER this was put on sale, and then put a video out of himself watching the vinyls getting created, BEFORE they cancelled this. you couldnt make it up!!

Still, it is a fact that the vinyl pressing industry suffers from backlogs and lack of capacity.

3 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

I understand you like to play devils advocate, however it is always on the same side. TB and Axl. 

Again, you confuse me pointing out that people should lower their expectations to the bare minimum as some defense of the band and management. Don't you see how illogical that is?

4 minutes ago, youngunner said:

A media article will have 0 impact on the casual fan that fills up the GH tour.

This simply impacts a few thousand still interested in the CD Era. An Era where frustration was the norm

I disagree. There are more people interested on new releases. 4 million views in Perhaps video backs my point.

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

If media decides to make a story about how a few hardcore fans go absolutely nuts because GN'R delays the release of a single vinyl, I am not so sure that story will be complimentary to us. 

That's for sure. But we don't have a reputation. The band does. And I'm using my experience as journalist to say this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Literally nobody is expecting that. But the band is outdoing themselves regarding the amount of incomprehensive bullshit over the years; therefore, people will react. But nobody needs your protection, you know? Experience or not. Some people here have been fans for a longer time than you – imagine how silly it looks when you’re trying to lecture them and mock them for being pissed off. Just relax, man. ;) 

Not lecturing. Just finding the reaction comical

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Illusion1987 said:

Serious question- what is stopping them from posting this on digital sites today?

Those who want it on vinyl can still get it!

Nothing. They either can't be bothered/don't want to release it digitally or the song has been shelved/isn't ready. 

Pick your choice! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

It isn't about the quality or lack thereof potentially of the product. It's about the service from the brand/band and delivery of said product. If this was my experience with amazon, google, tesco, walmart whatever, id never shop with them again. GnR don't eget excused coz they're old rockers

Really, you have never experienced that an Amazon delivery takes longer than originally stipulated, really?

Just now, Voodoochild said:

I disagree. There are more people interested on new releases. 4 million views in Perhaps video backs my point.

That's for sure. But we don't have a reputation. The band does. And I'm using my experience as journalist to say this.

0 impact on the band going forward. Just sayin