"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

2 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

I just hope we get the next round of locker leaks at this point out of spite if they can’t at least get the General up for stream/download in the next few weeks. 

Sometimes I really hate that I’m a fan of this damn band.

A lot of us have felt this way since 2011. Yet we all keep coming back, there's something addictive about the neverending dissapointment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

So we agree, you have to expect delays when ordering stuff. And now you have to realize that such delays will obviously potentially be longer for vinyls that aren't even pressed yet.

Yeah, a day or 2. not 6-7 weeks. every time i order. and no i dont 'expect delays' i tolerate them 1-2% of the time with a 1-2 day delay. not even close to comparable! 

1 hour ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

The majority of ticket buyers give zero shits about The General, Hard School or Absurd. Many of them don’t even know about Chinese Democracy. Promoters and band management know they make their money on casual fans, to which Guns has MANY, especially after Slash came back. 

The only ones who care about The General and any new music from this band are the members of the few Guns forums, which are NOT the majority of ticket buyers, hence there being zero urgency or care to release anything new in a timely fashion. 

I’ve said this multiple times. 

They. Don’t. Care.

True. Can't argue with that.

Another truth is that in the US with all those mighty "casual" fans as the supposed key target audience, as of now towards the end of the tour they are basically playing 20k venues in Shittown, Nowhere. Ticket prices drop to less than half of the initial asking price right before the show but even then those shows hardly sell out anymore.

But you're right, they don't care. They probably understand we're on the brink of WW3, so they pack in as many shows as possible, take the money and the memories and run - for they might not be able to tour again any time soon or worst case scenario ever.

I don't give a shit about "The General" (or any of the "new" songs for that matter). I will listen to it when it comes out, but I'm not excited at all. I get the criticism of anyone being pissed about this though, it's not about some fans on a message board not getting what they want, it's about broken promises, crushed hopes and false advertising. People were looking foward to this for months. If the band had any class left, they'd perform the song at their next concert or just post a 30 sec teaser stream, a short note, something, anything. But yeah, again, you're right. They don't care.

The fact that the Universal page said it will be shipped or or "before" December 8, and mentions November 22 when asking if you want to cancel, tells me that this could still come out quite a bit earlier than December 8. Remember that Hard Skool starting shipping a full month early. Looking at it glass half full, you could interpret it as 12/8 is the latest they expect it to be ready and it could come out at any point before then. But it's hard to be glass half full with this band.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

The fact that the Universal page said it will be shipped or or "before" December 8, and mentions November 22 when asking if you want to cancel, tells me that this could still come out quite a bit earlier than December 8. Remember that Hard Skool starting shipping a full month early. Looking at it glass half full, you could interpret it as 12/8 is the latest they expect it to be ready and it could come out at any point before then. But it's hard to be glass half full with this band.

yea, no one here seemed to notice the 'before', i did and i agree that it will come out earlier

Hey whatever with the delay and if ya think the band owes fans nothing for constant support,sure that’s your opinion, but honestly at the bare minimum you can do is give us the reason and some insurance this is still a thing. Pressing plants are backed up to til Christmas, we had a legal thing come up that we needed to attend to before the release, we want to release it digitally at Halloween because it’s so suiting(maybe that is the case), but just out of the blue delaying the day before without an explanation is just kind of ridiculous to me