Robin Finck online meet and greet

I guess not many people are queuing for this, probably because it's too expensive and he's doing only the 5-minute option, since there are still meet and greet slots available.

Other artists on the same platform charge $100 for 15 minutes and less for the 5-minute option.

9 hours ago, parisrocks said:

It's over Zoom.  Anyone know how to record that shit w/ audio 'cause I'll gladly post it here afterward.

5 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

get a camera and hold it up during the zoom session

there's free open source software called OBS

You can record Zoom calls for free in the software itself. It even records two separated files for video (with audio) and just audio. 

Unless Robin or the platform he uses ask for not recording, or may block the recording himself. 

Of course, you can record with OBS too, if you want.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, invisible_rose said:

Robin has had a pretty damn cool career outside GNR to be fair. I'd imagine GNR fans are probably down the line in terms of who is queuing to talk to him - especially these days. But yeah, $100 for 5 mins - no chance. I wouldn't pay that to talk to Axl. Fans are just being rinsed as cash cows to a new level these days. 

Put music out and tour. That's what musicians should do. Talking to fans shouldn't come at a price.

Hmm. I TRIED to edit the post to ,"Steven, Izzy, Slash, Duff, or Axl," but it never went through. I'll try again soon. I agree with you that Musicians talking to Fans should be FREE. A completely different type of Celebrity, she's an Actress, but Logan Browning who played the second Brianna on Meet The Browns TV Series did an interview for her fans and it was FREE, which Robin's chat should be. Although Logan's interview was one sided where only she was talking to the fans and they weren't talking to her, it was more of a ,"I love my Fans so much, here is what I'm doing with my life and will be doing with my life," thing. If  Robin wants to get paid so bad, he should go on a TALK SHOW like The Late Night Show with Jimmy Fallon  and get paid by Jimmy's Staff for an interview, not basically BEG fans for $100 for a five minute chat, RIDICULOUS....

Edited by Karice
  • Like 2

Robin begging Fans $100 for a five minute chat reminds me of someone who said that Virgil The Wrestler begged him to give him $200 for a Virgil Autograph. The Fan LAUGHED and talked him down to $20. When I mentioned this on the old IMDb Messageboards, I said something like,"A Fan said The Ultimate Warrior begged him $200 for an Autograph and the Fan laughed and talked him down to $20. How sad that The Ultimate Warrior begged a Fan for $200 for an Autograph in the first place!" The response was something like,"The Ultimate Warrior would have much too pride and wouldn't be begging a Fan for $200 for an Autograph. I could see Virgil begging a Fan for $200 for an Autograph however. That seems like something Virgil would do. " Yep, it was Virgil who had done that, not The Ultimate Warrior. Robin is seeming a lot like Virgil with his ridiculous begging Fans for $100 for a five minute chat. Maybe he will settle for $10? 😏😉

Edited by Karice

20 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

Robin isn't asking for $100.00. The online platform he is using, is asking for $100.00 to cover its business costs. 

It's not the same price for all artists, though, so I guess it depends on the artist, too. E.g.:

intro_10.jpg

https://intro.live/desktop-artist-main-profile/alex-skolnick

intro_12.jpg

https://intro.live/desktop-artist-main-profile/jennifer-batten

35 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

It's clearly an online platform built for musicians and creative people to speak directly to fans about music and creativity and not a meet and greet. 

The platform itself uses the term "meet and greet":

intro_11.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, invisible_rose said:

Robin has had a pretty damn cool career outside GNR to be fair. I'd imagine GNR fans are probably down the line in terms of who is queuing to talk to him - especially these days. But yeah, $100 for 5 mins - no chance. I wouldn't pay that to talk to Axl. Fans are just being rinsed as cash cows to a new level these days. 

Put music out and tour. That's what musicians should do. Talking to fans shouldn't come at a price.

Right. People here are far underestimating how dedicated the NIN fanbase is. The opportunity to talk with Robin about what is currently going on in the NIN universe is probably exciting for some of them, in the same way talking with Richard Fortus about what's currently going on in the GnR universe would be an extremely attractive prospect for some GnR fans.

There a chance they won't give the most exciting answers, but what other opportunity would you have to speak with someone who so close to the in the inner workings of a band your a fan of?

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

Pretty sad how some of you seem to treat people, more so when it's clear none of you had actually taken the time to look into it. 

Robin isn't asking for $100.00. The online platform he is using, is asking for $100.00 to cover its business costs. 

It's clearly an online platform built for musicians and creative people to speak directly to fans about music and creativity and not a meet and greet. 

It's exactly what I would expect from Robin who always seems to be a person who is being creative and an interesting character to boot. 

If you are a guitar player and you are influenced by Robin's playing, it's a platform for you to ask direct questions about his influences, his style and his sound. 

I personally would be interested in Robin's pedal and rack set up for NIN live shows and how hard it is to incorporate that in the songs, riffs and beats Trent Reznor creates.

It's funny, with people on this forum. 

There is another thread we're people are hammering Duff for going a standard media interview. 

And yet this platform that Robin is using allows us the fans to be the interviewer asking questions that you are seeking answers to... 

Go figure... 

It's irrelevant who is asking for the money. They shouldn't be asking for money to talk to fans. The fact you mention guitarists - cool - ok, why doesn't Robin do an online seminar about playing and actually give someone some value for money, instead of $100 for 5 mins. 

• Like 1

Interesting concept, but if the artists are happy doing it, and if fans are willing to pay, I see no issues.

I'd imagine it has to be a little awkward for both parties.

Hanging out in an empty Zoom meeting waiting for the fan, or the fan waiting for the artist to pop in at 2:35PM eastern or whatever. 

Asking one of a handful of questions you have prepped, and then they spend 3 minutes answering it, with a story, which I'm sure is cool but 15 minutes is way better for someone with multiple questions.

Repeat customers, meeting their artist multiple times through this platform, becoming a "regular". I bet some crazies get through, the obsessed or sick stalker types. 

At the 4 minutes 55 second mark, "Ok buddy, time is up, see ya!" :P 

We need to stop debating this and figure out 2/3 good questions about his time in GNR that the person who paid could maybe, hopefully, pleeeeease ask.

Ideas:

1. How did he hear Axl wasn't coming to Philly and what do you think he was doing?
2. What, to him, is the key reason the album took so long to do?
3. What's his favorite unreleased song?
4. Did he have any apprehension being in "Guns N' Roses" vs. being in something labeled as Axl's solo project?

Obviously the person who paid can do what they want - I just think this is a great opportunity. I'd even chip in to get some of these asked. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BangoSkank said:

We need to stop debating this and figure out 2/3 good questions about his time in GNR that the person who paid could maybe, hopefully, pleeeeease ask.

Ideas:

1. How did he hear Axl wasn't coming to Philly and what do you think he was doing?
2. What, to him, is the key reason the album took so long to do?
3. What's his favorite unreleased song?
4. Did he have any apprehension being in "Guns N' Roses" vs. being in something labeled as Axl's solo project?

Obviously the person who paid can do what they want - I just think this is a great opportunity. I'd even chip in to get some of these asked. 

Sadly I can guess the answers to these already. 

• Like 1

Plot twist: I will interview Axl if he pays me 100 bucks, per minute that is. No curfew or time limit whatsoever, I can do this all night. I will donate 100% of it to a charity (I would pick something for homeless vets or an animal shelter in need) and I will put 200 bucks of my own money on top. I would do more but I'm poor, so for me that's a lot of money. But I'll do it. I understand he's busy touring right now, but I'm still offering. Could be on Axl time in the middle of the night or something I don't care.

11 hours ago, adamsapple said:

Plot twist: I will interview Axl if he pays me 100 bucks, per minute that is. No curfew or time limit whatsoever, I can do this all night. I will donate 100% of it to a charity (I would pick something for homeless vets or an animal shelter in need) and I will put 200 bucks of my own money on top. I would do more but I'm poor, so for me that's a lot of money. But I'll do it. I understand he's busy touring right now, but I'm still offering. Could be on Axl time in the middle of the night or something I don't care.

LMAO! 🤣🤭 You really are a hilarious card! 🤣🤭 Hmm. As I write this post it JUST occurred to me that this REALLY isn't a bad idea. If you can convince Axl that the say $6,000 for a 60 minute interview will go to Charity, he might actually go for it. It's one of those, "In the middle of laughing, I realized this might ACTUALLY be a good idea in theory," epiphany. 😀🤔

16 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

Sadly I can guess the answers to these already. 

Regrettably I can too - if he can answer them at all.

I went to a Tommy solo show a few years ago and he was at the bar afterwards and pretty hammered. To this day, I regret not going up to him and saying, "Tommy, I'll pay for your drinks all night if you answer questions about Chinese Democracy and your time in Guns N' Roses for me."

We were talking to one of his friends and she said he does not love talking about GNR because apparently people always ask him about it (or something).

• Like 1

On 10/19/2023 at 1:42 AM, kiwiguns said:

Pretty sad how some of you seem to treat people, more so when it's clear none of you had actually taken the time to look into it. 

It's exactly what I would expect from Robin who always seems to be a person who is being creative and an interesting character to boot. 

If you are a guitar player and you are influenced by Robin's playing, it's a platform for you to ask direct questions about his influences, his style and his sound. 

I personally would be interested in Robin's pedal and rack set up for NIN live shows and how hard it is to incorporate that in the songs, riffs and beats Trent Reznor creates.

It's funny, with people on this forum. 

There is another thread we're people are hammering Duff for going a standard media interview. 

And yet this platform that Robin is using allows us the fans to be the interviewer asking questions that you are seeking answers to... 

Go figure... 

The artists choose how much they want to charge, not the platform, perhaps YOU should have took some time to look into it before jumping down everyones throats.

On 10/20/2023 at 1:21 PM, Karice said:

LMAO! 🤣🤭 You really are a hilarious card! 🤣🤭 Hmm. As I write this post it JUST occurred to me that this REALLY isn't a bad idea. If you can convince Axl that the say $6,000 for a 60 minute interview will go to Charity, he might actually go for it. It's one of those, "In the middle of laughing, I realized this might ACTUALLY be a good idea in theory," epiphany. 😀🤔

It is a good idea. The world just isn't ready for it yet.

2 hours ago, adamsapple said:

It is a good idea. The world just isn't ready for it yet.

Thanks for agreeing with me! 😁 I'd love to hear a 60 minute Axl Rose interview that he literally paid for to give the money to Charity.  😁 I can't believe how quickly something I laughed at first turned into something we both think Axl would go for in real life for Charity! 😁

4 hours ago, Karice said:

Thanks for agreeing with me! 😁 I'd love to hear a 60 minute Axl Rose interview that he literally paid for to give the money to Charity.  😁 I can't believe how quickly something I laughed at first turned into something we both think Axl would go for in real life for Charity! 😁

At his level of material wealth, he probably has plenty beggars asking. If i was that rich, I would support charity but not brag about it in public at all or else there be 1000 more asking to help them too. These days, especially as a public figure, it's kinda tricky to support any organization in public as you never know who's behind and what dirty laundry they might have coming out later on you have nothing to do with and rather not be connected with at all. Plus, usually, the money never goes where it's supposed to end up. I'd just hand money straight to homeless people or go to a local animal shelter and help them pay for housing, vet bills and food for animals.

And yes of course my idea is not too serious, it's just because I find the initial premise of any musician charging money to speak with fans laughable. So why not turn it around. If Axl wants to do it, I'm right here. ;)

• Like 1

Adam,  I wonder

4 hours ago, adamsapple said:

At his level of material wealth, he probably has plenty beggars asking. If i was that rich, I would support charity but not brag about it in public at all or else there be 1000 more asking to help them too. These days, especially as a public figure, it's kinda tricky to support any organization in public as you never know who's behind and what dirty laundry they might have coming out later on you have nothing to do with and rather not be connected with at all. Plus, usually, the money never goes where it's supposed to end up. I'd just hand money straight to homeless people or go to a local animal shelter and help them pay for housing, vet bills and food for animals.

And yes of course my idea is not too serious, it's just because I find the initial premise of any musician charging money to speak with fans laughable. So why not turn it around. If Axl wants to do it, I'm right here. ;)

Adam, if you presented Axl with a contract that stated the $6,000 he pats for the 60 minute interview would go to Charity I could see him going for it. 😀 It wouldn't be verbally just asking him for Charity money, it would be legally in writing, so legally binding. 😀