THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

1 minute ago, Cosmo said:

I was thinking the same thing. How and why dis Monsters leak if The General’s gonna be the B-side to Perhaps? My theory is that Monsters was gonna be a hidden bonus track in that single or something.

You can't fit 9 minutes on a 7" 45 RPM, just impossible. Maybe back then when no one cared about the quality, not in 2023

16 minutes ago, kitstuai said:

Yes slash playing is the only questionable thing. But these songs are not from the vinyl. 

Maybe it's not from a vinyl rip, yes. But that doesn't mean they're older versions. There are other ways to have access to these and the result to be of this quality than a vinyl rip or someone having the source file.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unagi said:

Not weird at all. Outside of this forum nobody cares about this material. At all. 

And why would they? Both of these songs are going to sink without a trace, probably why Axl chose to bury The General as a b-track on a vinyl release that has been completely fucked up. 

Chinese leftovers from an album that bombed. 

I had high hopes with the reunion but this is just embarrassing now. 

If you go through the band's Instagram or Facebook post past 6 weeks you can easily see that a lot of people not only knew, but hypes for The General (and are praising Perhaps). This forum is not the center of GNR universe, it is just a sample

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lethalis said:

Do we dare to dream of an album again?

Absurd, Hard Skool, Perhaps, The General, Monsters. Add Atlas Shrugged, State of Grace and we're almost there.

Duff and Slash have probably reworked more songs.

Slash said 5/6. seemed liked he really didnt give a shit and couldnt be bothered to even recall how many they did. However, maybe he was saying that as the general and monsters were 2 songs in 1 and could have been released standalone or as 1. HS Absurd Atlas Perhaps The General and monsters. That would be all the songs re recorded

3 minutes ago, uruguns said:

Fernando leaked it because fans were mad at the postponement

If really someone inside GNRs camp leaked it, to me that means a digital release is close, maybe the 31st. Otherwise I think it was someone else who for some reason had access to the vinyl.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

What happened to that epic guitar trill before Axl's screeching vocals come in? Is it just too buried and I didn't hear it? Or did Slash decide to not include it? One of my favorite parts from the Evader mix.

The evader mix is made from scratch....it's NOT a mix of a demo or leak we had....so basically you're just saying, you prefer a cover/interpretation of a song we guessed about based on a short clip distanced from the speakers it came from with loud crowd chatter far more present in the audio than the music....it was a decent guess but it isn't a thing you can prefer as to be annoyed that things weren't included officially based on a fans work...if you prefer fans music to Guns, stick to that, eh....

(I love Evaders work) but I found it so strange that so many seem to think his version is based on a leak we had or something. I suppose it's a testament to his talent and to the fact, some folk don't care for details ...like saying "ooo why did Axl not include the original vocals about being chained, etc"...seriously!

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, kitstuai said:

It could be a song recorded before 1993. Or they took slash recording parts from a certain time. No, even if this is not the same guitar player in this leak and live, the chorus has a completely different vibe. Like it's not playing the same thing

Did you say earlier a song can't change tempo or key, thus it must be fake or an AI? IS that a serious comment or you jus trolling? I mean no one sad enough to be on any forum is that musically illiterate and dumb? People here tend to be a bit more hardcore. not that some people dont say stupid shit, but this is reaaaaaaaaallly stupid. 

1 minute ago, kitstuai said:

Have you thought about the fact slash isn't playing on any of these 2 tracks. But since we don't know when this recording was made, we want to believe he's on them. 

It's all opinions at this point til writing & recording credits come out 

• Like 1