THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

2 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I know, Blackstar mentioned it, but I don't know why this guy should even be considered as a potential insider.

Definitely not an insider, but I think there's a small chance that he's not a troll and really has information from Universal Italy. Trolls usually pretend to know details and provide a "narrative" with patterns that are familiar to the fans (e.g. it's been delayed because Axl fell out with the label, etc.). This user didn't do that, so if he's a troll he's smarter than most of them.

• Like 1

Is it true that the vocals from The General:

Can anybody tell me why the pain, it just won't stop?
Can anybody help me?
This pain, it just won't stop

Were secretly recorded by Fernando (he thought Kat was in there) while Axl was in the bathroom after having one too many Taco Bell deluxe cravings box?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Definitely not an insider, but I think there's a small chance that he's not a troll and really has information from Universal Italy. Trolls usually pretend to know details and provide a "narrative" with patterns that are familiar to the fans (e.g. it's been delayed because Axl fell out with the label, etc.). This user didn't do that, so if he's a troll he's smarter than most of them.

Which shouldn't be too hard lol. 

But I get, he claims to have info from Universal Italy, which had been keen on leaking information.

• PERHAPS 1

3 minutes ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

I want to take a moment to gush about Soul Monster. What a song. I've not stopped listening to it since it leaked, when I first heard it gave me Bowie impressions..it has Ozzy/Sabbath feelings also..it's so good, quite simply the best music to come from GnR in years IMHO.

Creepy satanic Axl lyrics

Impassioned ultimate demonic Axl voice making an impactful and triumphant ending.

It needs to be released. it's a shame, In another universe, 2006 Axl, who's rasp had rasp..on tap could scream this on top of his lungs to a download audience who had not pissed him off.

I'm imagining how the 2008 (or whatever) mix sounded like, I'm sure the vocals are nearly the same, but the instrumental must have been intense with Bucket and/or Robin. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

5 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I know, Blackstar mentioned it, but I don't know why this guy should even be considered as a potential insider.

It's soo funny. Pot guesses wrapped up as "insider" knowledge (most of the time) ...like why the hell would a digital release of a finished song be changed from Dec 1st to 8th, randomly...it's all bullshit, isn't it?

Edited by colonizedmind
  • PERHAPS 1

5 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

It's the unverified insider stuff, but someone on evo is claiming it got delayed to December the 8th

...And then the 8th comes "The band are having cloud problems, it'll be out when it's out....I promise you IT was planned for the 1st...plans changed".

It's like perpetual Alice in Wonderland in here sometimes....ALWAYS

56 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

It's soo funny. Pot guesses wrapped up as "insider" knowledge (most of the time) ...like why the hell would a digital release of a finished song be changed from Dec 1st to 8th, randomly...it's all bullshit, isn't it?

It could be a guess based of that the 7's are supposed to dispatch on the 8th of December. I don't think that the poster has said anything yet that is provably true or false.

51 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

It could be a guess based of that the 7's are supposed to dispatch on the 8th of December. I don't think that the poster has said anything yet that is provably true or false.

That word.

15 minutes ago, Carlson-online said:

It's the hope that kills you

Yet we're still alive

...though I think it feeds the little parasite within called cynicism 🐜

5 hours ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

I want to take a moment to gush about Soul Monster. What a song. I've not stopped listening to it since it leaked, when I first heard it gave me Bowie impressions..it has Ozzy/Sabbath feelings also..it's so good, quite simply the best music to come from GnR in years IMHO.

Creepy satanic Axl lyrics

Impassioned ultimate demonic Axl voice making an impactful and triumphant ending.

It needs to be released. it's a shame, In another universe, 2006 Axl, who's rasp had rasp..on tap could scream this on top of his lungs to a download audience who had not pissed him off.

Def has some Rob Zombie vibes too IMO

• Like 1

According to Blabbermouth it's out now. DUFF MCKAGAN Names His Favorite GUNS N' ROSES Songs To Perform - BLABBERMOUTH.NET

"The General" was the B-side of GUNS N' ROSES' recently released limited-edition seven-inch vinyl single titled "Perhaps", out now via Geffen Records.

Edited by drlaban
  • Like 1