THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

9 hours ago, username said:

You're probably right about TB not being the only idiots doing this... BUT for this I can bring out the ago-old argument that shit like this, for some reason, only happens to GnR. Not to any other high profile rock band. Just GnR. Every other band I've purchased music from in the past years, be it vinyl or cd, does not have this problem. But GnR does. It's always something with them. 

Mis-prints are not uncommon in music memorabilia, and often end up becoming collector's items. AC/DC had some singles with "Givin' the Dog a Bone" misspelled as "Given the Dog a Bone".

Axl made a comment before The General at Hell & Heaven "I'd like to tell you why it is a new song, but, whatever."

I don't know of course, but I'd like to think Axl was going to introduce it as "This is a new song, "The General", which was going to be on the follow-up record to Chinese, you'll hear the rest of the album next year"
But I feel like Fernando or some management told him to not announce it. 
No facts on that, just my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Skamos66 said:

Axl made a comment before The General at Hell & Heaven "I'd like to tell you why it is a new song, but, whatever."

I don't know of course, but I'd like to think Axl was going to introduce it as "This is a new song, "The General", which was going to be on the follow-up record to Chinese, you'll hear the rest of the album next year"

If your hypothesis is accurate, it was probably a smart decision. Axl doesn’t have the best track record in things he says coming to fruition, especially within a normal timeframe.

Also, I contacted GritaRadio, who did that terrible glitchy livestream at that show, and asked about footage. Got an interesting reply.
image.png
(This is part of something that is going on called "Project: Atlas Breakdown" behind the scenes, a few fans including me know about it, not going into detail as I don't want to expose the plans to TB of course and get sued lol)
*Not saying I had anything to do with it when/if it works

Edited by Skamos66
  • Confused 2

On 12/24/2023 at 9:56 PM, Powerage5 said:

Just to play devil's advocate here a little bit...while the pixelated cover is a widespread problem, it's not a universal problem. As far as I can tell everyone who has reported a pixelated cover has an EU pressing (With the "made in the Czech Republic" sticker on the shrink). However, not all EU copies have a pixelated cover - mine does not for example, and I've seen others say that. So the issue is not as was originally thought where someone submitted the wrong file type or something, it's obviously a printing error.

I'm in the US and my Perhaps vinyl has the Czech sticker and no pixilation issue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Skamos66 said:

Man, the conspiracies people have come up with around that are quite amusing.

Axl said something to the techs, but they responded "I can't hear a word you're saying". He was probably asking them to delay the trigger of the video, lighting, click track etc, but they couldn't hear him so he got frustrated and figured "forget about it".

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

14 hours ago, Skamos66 said:

It seemed to me that they were just having technical issues at the time and he was pissed because of it. These conspiracy theories on here are just dumb lol

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Skamos66 said:

New album imminent.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Zeppelin said:

New album imminent.

Well, to me, it was a little odd cause he did get to state it is a new song, but not “why.”

Probably reading too much into it, but it could be argued there was some intent on Axl’s part to talk a little bit more about TG before the performance. 

Edited by GNRRHCP98