5. State of grace 

6. Going down / or a new Duff track. They won't released a Tommy song

7. Atlas shrugged 

8. The General 

9. Rock the rock 

10. Wichita Lineman, studio recorded / Better with the new intro etc 

3 with no vocals ...awkward album tbh 

axl said they redid omg

A doomy industrial album with Oh My God, Shackler's, Silkworms, Eye On You, State of Grace, Riad, Sorry, The General, Soul Monster, Madagascar, finished versions some of the instrumentals like PRL, Real Doll, Tonto and Zodiac

And a more traditional rock album with CD, Better, The Blues, If The World, Catcher, TWAT, Hard School, Perhaps, IRS, TIL, Prostitute, a reworked Atlas, finished versions of Oklahoma and Me & My Elvis 

• Like 1

If they completed the instrumentals-

1. Hard Skool

2. Oklahoma

3. Atlas Shrugged

4. Me and My Elvis

5. Zodiac

6. Perhaps

7. Tonto

8. Quick Song

9. Seven (I know it's dumb to include it since we don't know what it is)

10. Ides of March/ Circus Maximus (?)

11. The General

12. Monsters

Since a lot of those probably weren't expanded and finished, we have a semi- CD 2, now-

1. Hard Skool

2. Absurd

3. Perhaps

4. State of Grace

5. Eye on You (lol)

6. Going Down 

7. Oh My God (2018 leak version)

8. Atlas Shrugged

9. The General

10. Monsters

Edited by ZoSoRose

* - if the record/re-record vocals:

1. Thyme
  2. The General
  3. Hard Skool
  4. Atlas Shrugged
  5. Oklahoma*
  6. Devious Bastard*
  7. Perhaps
  8. Absurd
  9. State of Grace*
  10. Zodiac*
  11. Eye On You*
  12. Me and My Elvis*
  13. Monsters
  14. Nothing

If they don't record/re-record vocals:

1. Thyme
  2. The General
  3. Hard Skool
  4. Atlas Shrugged
  5. Oh My God
  6. Absurd
  7. Perhaps
  8. Monsters
  9. Nothing

On 10/28/2023 at 2:14 AM, Gordon Comstock said:

I've listened to this playlist a couple times today:

The General
Monsters
Oh My God (1999)
Absurd
Perhaps (2000)
Hardschool (2000)
Atlas Shrugged (2001)
Going Down (2006)
State Of Grace

Throw Tonto and Zodiac in there and you've got a great album in 2002, and an album CD nerds still would've loved in 2011.

As It Began and Thyme both fit as interludes to pad out the album. 

You could throw in the TIL Remix if you want to really push it. 

If this was an LP, I would put the more accessible stuff one one side, and the darker stuff on the other side. Almost sequenced as two different albums. The General, Monsters, Silkworms, OMG, Eye On You, and State Of Grace all fit well together. Then you have Perhaps, Atlas, Hard School, Going Down, As It Began, and Nothing. If The General side is too long, Monsters could move to side 2.

G Side

1 - Silkworms (Whatever version you prefer, Absurd, other leaks, Evader, etc.)

2 - Oh My God

3 - Eye On You

4 - State Of Grace

5 - Thyme (Interlude)

6 - The General

R Side

7 - As It Began (Intro to Hard School)

8 - Hard School

9 - Atlas

10 - Perhaps

11 - Going Down

12 - Nothing

13 - Monsters

Obviously this is trying to make something thematic from a bunch of random leaks that aren't necessarily meant to belong to each other. The way I see it is that the first three songs lyrically were caused by the abuse that is outlined in The General, but this album is like a Tarantino movie with the plot happening out of sequence. The General closing side 1 is the answer to the question of "What compelled him to write those lyrics". If we ever get P.R.L. with vocals, it would probably fit on side 1. 

Outside of Monster, the second side is the more accessible and less experimental tracks. As It Began works as an intro to Hard School. The order of Atlas, Perhaps, and Going Down don't really matter. A lot of people would end the album on Nothing, because it would be similar to Axl ending Appetite on the final positive verse for Rocket Queen. I like Monsters as the final track, because if we're forcing the theme that this is an autobiographical album about someone who was messed up enough by child abuse to write side 1, there is almost a cathartic way in how Monsters builds up and ends lyrically. If we had another leak with vocals, I probably would cut Nothing off the album entirely, because the demo we have is pretty awful. 

An LP fits about 22 minutes per side. I don't know if both sides completely fit, but eyeballing it, it seems like they would both be in the 18-22 minute range.

I've thought about this and at this point to be honest there's not enough material for me to put together a whole ChiDem II/P.R.L. I'd enjoy listening to. Instead, I've put together a Best of ChiDem:

Chinese Democracy

Shackler's Revenge

Better

Catcher in the Rye

Eye On You

There Was A Time

Atlas Shrugged (New Brain Drums)

ABSURD

Perhaps (2000 demo)

Sorry

I.R.S.

Madagascar

This I Love

Prostitute

The flow of Better to Catcher works better than TWAT to Catcher on the album, as does TWAT to Atlas.

If Me & My Elvis, Oklahoma, and D Tune ever get released versions I might reconsider, I really dug those instrumentals. Hard Skool is so frustrating because there's things I really like in both the demo and released versions and things that really bug me in each, so there's no definitive version for me.

EDIT: I have this saved on my phone now as Chinese Supremacy.

Edited by Amir

Here’s a question that probably hasn’t been asked in years.

Back in the CD recordings, we all remember Shaq was recording in the same studio lot as GnR. He had said he did some free styling over a song and said was the first time he ever did that with a rock song and loved it.

Question is…. Do we know which song he free styled over?🤔

13 minutes ago, PaoloLA said:

Here’s a question that probably hasn’t been asked in years.

Back in the CD recordings, we all remember Shaq was recording in the same studio lot as GnR. He had said he did some free styling over a song and said was the first time he ever did that with a rock song and loved it.

Question is…. Do we know which song he free styled over?🤔

No, we don't. But he didn't really rap with "GNR", it was just Dizzy and his friends (the so called "shadow band") and maybe Paul Tobias. And it was in 1997, before actual CD sessions started.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

No, we don't. But he didn't really rap with "GNR", it was just Dizzy and his friends (the so called "shadow band") and maybe Paul Tobias. And it was in 1997, before actual CD sessions started.

Ok thanks for the update on that

• Like 1