The next Holy Grail

12 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Personally, its State of Grace. There's something about that one that I really like, even in its rough scratch vocal state. I think en EP with The General and Monsters, State of Grace, and maybe Oh My God would be amazing. 

I'd also quite like to hear a bucket version of Silkworms, complete with the 'Bitch like you...' chorus. Absurd isn't bad, but I much preferred earlier live versions when it was still Silkworms. I know I'm in the minority on that one! 

Throw that one with the other "new" singles, the newest leaks, Atlas, OMG, a rerecording of Better with the semi reunion intro, and The Seeker/Witchita and we have a whole album. 

I'm here for it. It won't happen, but I'm here for it.

• Like 1

The Holy Grail isn't a specific song. It is both the 1999 and 2002 versions of the album, as well as their corresponding B-sides. 

We technically have some of that, but there is a big difference between low-fidelity example mixes that have been messed with by the leakers and fully mastered tracks in high fidelity, or the fully mixed pre-mastered tracks.

7 minutes ago, gunsnchalupas said:

The Holy Grail isn't a specific song. It is both the 1999 and 2002 versions of the album, as well as their corresponding B-sides. 

We technically have some of that, but there is a big difference between low-fidelity example mixes that have been messed with by the leakers and fully mastered tracks in high fidelity, or the fully mixed pre-mastered tracks.

My holy grail is anything I havent heard 2002 to 2014. Lol

23 minutes ago, kever20 said:

Throw that one with the other "new" singles, the newest leaks, Atlas, OMG, a rerecording of Better with the semi reunion intro, and The Seeker/Witchita and we have a whole album. 

I'm here for it. It won't happen, but I'm here for it.

Chuck in Eye On You too. Strangely it kinda fits with SoG and The General & Monsters

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, CaioAKR said:

So, just for clarity, you're claiming you do have inside information and The General was this 9 minutes song from the beginning that got split into to so one half would be the B-side to Perhaps and the other side would be the B-side to Atlas? And that Soul Monster is a whole separate song? Is that it? And, if so, if The General was split into two song that will get released individually, wouldn't they be also registered individually? And that also implies the leaker has access to more than just the Perhaps vinyl, otherwise he wouldn't have leaked Monsters.

If that is true, then whoever did it HAS to have access to more stuff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

Was the person a fan, collector, someone in the industry? Where was that found? 

They owned a barn where a bunch of old studio tapes happened to be stored, and they took a pic of that one and shared it on Reddit and the Duff/TB and asked for them to deliver the tape.

47 minutes ago, Ollster42 said:

why do you think its not?

its called monsters and there is a lyric "you stole my soul with the devils romancing"

that seems like sufficient evidence (to me) to assume that "monsters" is soul monster.

I don't think, I know it's not.  But like I said "wtf do I know". Lol, anyway hope everyone got something out of the song(s). It's always exciting to get a new shiny toy.  Anyway, I'm gonna go play with a dirty ass rag doll named bambi!

Edited by fear the juggalo 1

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

They owned a barn where a bunch of old studio tapes happened to be stored, and they took a pic of that one and shared it on Reddit and the Duff/TB and asked for them to deliver the tape.

Really? Do we still have the photo? Someone must ot notified them....I wonder if they had lost the originals or they just didn't want it out there....

Just now, colonizedmind said:

Really? Do we still have the photo? Someone must ot notified them....I wonder if they had lost the originals or they just didn't want it out there....

It was mostly Duff related material and they notified Duff, who went and collected it. Here is the photo:

gnr_ta11.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It was mostly Duff related material and they notified Duff, who went and collected it. Here is the photo:

gnr_ta11.jpg

Shit! I see Toothpuller and Machine Gun....GNR demoes '95....to think we could of had those....shame the person who found didn't make copies (I suppose they wouldn't have the equipment)

44 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Chuck in Eye On You too. Strangely it kinda fits with SoG and The General & Monsters

I can't lie, I had MacDaddy going through my head when I heard it. That and that drumbeat could have been from the same sessions for sure.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jimmyflint1989 said:

Now we have The General I wondered what song gets upgraded too Holy Grail Status. I guess the main choices would be Seven, Oaklahoma or Me Myself and Elvis depending if they have vocals. What do you guys think? 

It’s Seven for me. Last of the Beltrami tracks (also thyme I guess). Marco said it was the best song he worked on. 

• Like 1