The next Holy Grail

17 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

This is the holy grail for me....

Axl's French accent fresh vocals were not the best decision though....

I always wonder when I hear these ‘unique’ vocal covers (which i try and avoid as much as possible), what are these people actually hearing or thinking when they listen back to themselves and decide it’s a brilliant idea to upload?? I don’t wanna sound mean but Jesus Christ 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

I always wonder when I hear these ‘unique’ vocal covers (which i try and avoid as much as possible), what are these people actually hearing or thinking when they listen back to themselves and decide it’s a brilliant idea to upload?? I don’t wanna sound mean but Jesus Christ 😅

Still his high note at 1.55 is pretty impressively looking 😄

Sure we could do worse

Haha...all I could think about is being my inner Simon Cowell and the worst deluded auditions from American Idol or X Factor...

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Haha 1

On 10/30/2023 at 1:29 AM, colonizedmind said:

This is the holy grail for me....

Axl's French accent fresh vocals were not the best decision though....

I’ve listened to this a few more times now.. it actually brings a lot of joy 😂 particularly 2:04 onwards 😅 In all seriousness though his power and range is remarkably impressive, just needs to control it better and add a little finesse to it 🤟🏼

Edited by D4NNY

5 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

I’ve listened to this a few more times now.. it actually brings a lot of joy 😂 particularly 2:04 onwards 😭

5 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

I’ve listened to this a few more times now.. it actually brings a lot of joy 😂 particularly 2:04 onwards 😭

Yes....keeping in mind your initial reaction about what do people hear....

Well you have to smile when he just fucking goes for it! Fair play to the long note 😬 holy jesus! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

wasn't Cuban Skies a new version of Dummy or was that another song?

No, this rumour came from a troll that likes to make up lists with fake information.

Same with what Fortus supposedly said about about Seven being Circus Maximus and D Tune.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

No, this rumour came from a troll that likes to make up lists with fake information.

Same with what Fortus supposedly said about about Seven being Circus Maximus and D Tune.

Doesn't the tale spun go that some randomer met Axl on the street and he played him Cuban? I mean....ok...but that's what's in my memory?

6 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Doesn't the tale spun go that some randomer met Axl on the street and he played him Cuban? I mean....ok...but that's what's in my memory?

Yes, something like that. I think the guy said that the track he heard didn't have vocals though, just was told by Axl that it was about cigars.

But I think it's likely that all the songs in that screenshot with the 2008 CD2 track list have vocals and at the time were at least at an advanced stage of completion (Cuban Skies, Nothing, Tonto, Monstrocity or whatever that was).

54 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, something like that. I think the guy said that the track he heard didn't have vocals though, just was told by Axl that it was about cigars.

But I think it's likely that all the songs in that screenshot with the 2008 CD2 track list have vocals and at the time were at least at an advanced stage of completion (Cuban Skies, Nothing, Tonto, Monstrocity or whatever that was).

In agreement....no reason to call Axl a liar....he had no particular reason to say a CD2 was ready and finished in 2014....no one was really putting him under pressure for that then....so one would imagine that was around 10-15 songs done....we've had 5 now....

6 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

In agreement....no reason to call Axl a liar....he had no particular reason to say a CD2 was ready and finished in 2014....no one was really putting him under pressure for that then....so one would imagine that was around 10-15 songs done....we've had 5 now....

It just confirms he had written lyrics for Cuban Skies, not that he had recorded them. I've no doubt he spent days or nights writing lyrics for it, but actually going into the studio and recording vocals is a different thing. I'd love for this unheard stuff to come out, but we have no real proof of it.

Just now, Rindmelon said:

If you will excuse me i need to show that to everyone i have ever met....

I told my friend we have leaked footage of Axl sound checking State of Grace and played the 17 second scream!!!!!:headbang: HOLY BIG JESUS

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

It just confirms he had written lyrics for Cuban Skies, not that he had recorded them. I've no doubt he spent days or nights writing lyrics for it, but actually going into the studio and recording vocals is a different thing. I'd love for this unheard stuff to come out, but we have no real proof of it.

I think If.you say an album is done and ready, it probably means you recorded vocals for it....

15 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

Anything previously unheard/unreleased.

I've never been one to clamor for a song I've never heard based on the title. The General comes to mind. No expectation, not really let down by the fact I'm not into it.

I like it its definitely different. Nothing like I expected. The General and Monsters together as one song though is pretty epic to me. If Axl wanted them as one song and as the sequel to Estranged I can see what he was trying to do musically/lyrically. To me it feels like that was accomplished with the two songs merged. 

15 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

Anything previously unheard/unreleased.

I've never been one to clamor for a song I've never heard based on the title. The General comes to mind. No expectation, not really let down by the fact I'm not into it.

• Like 1

I am not sure if Atlas is a grail per say because we have a couple of different mixes from the Village Sessions already, but I would be very interested to hear Slash add some guitar work to it not unlike what he did with Monsters, I think it could work well