The next Holy Grail

It's Seven, the last of the full Beltrami tracks, assuming Monsters is Soul Monster and Thyme is just an intro, which it looked like. Oklahoma is next and then is stuff like Zodiac 13, Cuban Skies, Tonto and the likes. I love Me & My Elvis, but assuming it's really not Soul Monster, I have my doubts it was actually finished.

Edited by CaioAKR
  • Like 1

Dummy. I really wish for a finished version of Dummy, my fave instrumental from the Village leaks. There were rumors about it being Cuban Skies, no idea based on what (perhaps the guy on the Steve Hoffman forum mentioning Cuban Skies having an acoustic intro?). Whatever, I just wish for a finished version of that. A completed Me & My Elvis would be amazing too.

2 minutes ago, CaioAKR said:

I love Me & My Elvis, but assuming it's really not Soul Monster, I have my doubts it was actually finished.

Why? The song was fully fleshed out in 2000 and basically just missing a vocal track. If Axl has recorded vocals completely unheard before like The General / Monsters, it's possible that he also laid vocal tracks for other songs that were basically complete as far as the music went (Oklahoma could be another one, for example).

1 minute ago, Twinaleblood said:

Why? The song was fully fleshed out in 2000 and basically just missing a vocal track. If Axl has recorded vocals completely unheard before like The General / Monsters, it's possible that he also laid vocal tracks for other songs that were basically complete as far as the music went (Oklahoma could be another one, for example).

It's just that we have more evidence that Oklahoma has vocals because it was much more talked about and Axl actually said it had lyrics. If Elvis is Soul Monster, then we know it has vocals, but my current theory is Monsters is Soul Monster and Elvis might just be an instrumental that might even have influenced Monsters, given their similar vibe. Of course, I could be wrong. Maybe Elvis actually is Soul Monster or even Seven or any other finished song. I'm just betting with the information I have.

• Like 2

Like I said on "General musings", my new holy grail has undoubtedly become Seven. The sheer brilliance of Marco Beltrami's orchestrations is awe-inspiring, and considering that Seven was his personal favorite among the songs he contributed to, it must hold something truly exceptional.

That being said, I can't wait to hear Berlin as well. That one sounds like classic GNR to me.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mikey Whipwreck said:

Me & My Elvis is a truly epic instrumental and would be a shame if it was not finished with vocals. Oklahoma has the makings of a great song too. As It Began and Circus Maximus had the makings of interesting ones as well 

Also wonder what the song was where Axl said Robin had a Stevie Ray Vaughan style solo.

If I remember the Vaughan style solo was in Soul Monster.

Getting Soul Monster was a huge surprise, that would have been the next one.

Honestly, it depends what has vocals. I love a lot of the instrumentals but who knows what he sang lyrics over?

Id love to hear Zodiac, Tonto, Oklahoma, Quicksong, Me and My Elvis, etc with vocals and with added/reworked music but who knows what was done?

The last big completely unheard songs (unless they were on the locker set) are probably Seven and Ides of March

Like the songs or not, this week was huge. Anything else is a bonus, and it feels like the door is finally closing on our Chinese journey.

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 3