The next Holy Grail

1 hour ago, CaioAKR said:

We don't know that. It's all speculation at this point, but I'd say, as of now, we have more reasons to believe it is than to believe it's not. It's a song that mentions both soul and monster, it has the Beltrami orchestra and it fits Axl's description perfectly: it's very Sabbathy and contains the meanest bridge he ever sang.

I do know. It's different songs.  The general was a long song, that was decided to be split into 2 songs for separate  B side releases.... hence, Generals N......Monsters. 

But as always, wtf do I know?!? Lol

Just now, fear the juggalo 1 said:

I do know. It's different songs.  The general was a long song, that was decided to be split into 2 songs for separate  B side releases.... hence, Generals N......Monsters. 

I mean, you're either an insider or you're just speculating as much as I am. lol

10 minutes ago, CaioAKR said:

I mean, you're either an insider or you're just speculating as much as I am. lol

No speculation, I'm just a nobody passing on useless information.  (Isn't all information about music kinda useless in the spectrum of life?)  But back on topic, just trying to give some clarity. (As best I can). 

12 hours ago, Twinaleblood said:

Dummy. I really wish for a finished version of Dummy, my fave instrumental from the Village leaks. There were rumors about it being Cuban Skies, no idea based on what (perhaps the guy on the Steve Hoffman forum mentioning Cuban Skies having an acoustic intro?). Whatever, I just wish for a finished version of that. A completed Me & My Elvis would be amazing too.

Im with you. Dummy has so much promise!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, fear the juggalo 1 said:

More than most.

This could explain why the Perhaps single does not advertise Monsters at all.

24 minutes ago, fear the juggalo 1 said:

It was clearly two different songs back in 2002 when Beltrami worked on them. Band members have also referred to them as separate songs. Unless the split happened way back in 2002, but at that time they didn't have lyrics. 

13 minutes ago, fear the juggalo 1 said:

No speculation, I'm just a nobody passing on useless information.  (Isn't all information about music kinda useless in the spectrum of life?)  But back on topic, just trying to give some clarity. (As best I can). 

So, just for clarity, you're claiming you do have inside information and The General was this 9 minutes song from the beginning that got split into to so one half would be the B-side to Perhaps and the other side would be the B-side to Atlas? And that Soul Monster is a whole separate song? Is that it? And, if so, if The General was split into two song that will get released individually, wouldn't they be also registered individually? And that also implies the leaker has access to more than just the Perhaps vinyl, otherwise he wouldn't have leaked Monsters.

2 minutes ago, CaioAKR said:

So, just for clarity, you're claiming you do have inside information and The General was this 9 minutes song from the beginning that got split into to so one half would be the B-side to Perhaps and the other side would be the B-side to Atlas? And that Soul Monster is a whole separate song? Is that it? And, if so, if The General was split into two song that will get released individually, wouldn't they be also registered individually? And that also implies the leaker has access to more than just the Perhaps vinyl, otherwise he wouldn't have leaked Monsters.

You seemed to have answered most of your questions already! See, We can all be "insiders"!!!

I don’t want to say anything we heard from the village leaks as I feel that kind of takes away from the words “Holy Grail” so I would take a chance on Seven being something we haven’t heard. 
But I would love to have finished versions of Zodiac and Dummy with vocals (if they exist) and State Of Grace

13 minutes ago, fear the juggalo 1 said:

You seemed to have answered most of your questions already! See, We can all be "insiders"!!!

I certainly didn't answer all of them. And I'm surely not an insider, I'm just speculating with the information you brought. I'm not trying to be an asshole here. You gotta know we get kinda skeptical with insiders and people with friends in the industry, which doesn't mean I think you're talking bullshit. We just have reasons to doubt anyone who makes such claims.

You see, what intrigues me is that Monsters fits so perfectly with Axl's description of Soul Monster (Sabbathy and meanest bridge he ever sang) and simply has both "soul" and "monsters" in it's almost Occam's Razor to speculate they're the same song. Of course, sometimes Occam's Razor gets things wrong.

Then, there's two other things that bother me with this: if the song got split into to, why would it be registered as one entity? Also, how the leaker would have access from a version of Monsters with Slash if it's not in the Perhaps vinyl? They must from the very, very inside.

Again, I'm just a curious fan and never meant to be rude. If you do have some information to share, it's cool that you're doing that. Anything more you can tell us?

Edited by CaioAKR