The next Holy Grail

2 hours ago, Ollster42 said:

why do you think its not?

its called monsters and there is a lyric "you stole my soul with the devils romancing"

that seems like sufficient evidence (to me) to assume that "monsters" is soul monster.

This is just like Prostitute in 2008. No one wanted to believe it was prostitute even though there was a line about prostituting yourself 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Carnal894x said:

If The General and Monsters leaked....then I have a gut feeling others will leak as well

If they were demos of the general and Monsters then I'd suspect more leaks of demos coming soon, if they are the new versions with Slash and Duff on then we'll get nothing for a while.

I believe it was the final versions that leaked yesterday 

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It was mostly Duff related material and they notified Duff, who went and collected it. Here is the photo:

gnr_ta11.jpg

Ampex 456 Dats. Very fragile, if you don't bake them before you try to play them they can tear them selves apart.

That DAT was dated 18 of April 95, that's one day before the Oklahoma bombing that inspired another song.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kingcanyon said:

If they were demos of the general and Monsters then I'd suspect more leaks of demos coming soon, if they are the new versions with Slash and Duff on then we'll get nothing for a while.

I believe it was the final versions that leaked yesterday 

I dont know man somethings going on I can feel it in my Scrote.....im usually right about my gut feelings but I could be wrong as well. Hope I'm right. We deserve more than to be drip fed after all we have put up with as loyal fans. Enough is enough whoever has shit that hasn't been put out there I say unload em. 

I agree with the majority here: Seven
I like to think that Seven is a glorified, completed and extended version of Circus Maximus, with the addition of the orchestration.

I would love to hear that. 

It was Beltrami's favorite right? And also how Brain described it, holy shit! If Monsters is Soul Monster, then yeah Seven is the new holy grail 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Jesus Christ, this is too fast. I haven’t even digested the news yet, let alone be able to discuss next holy grails! Are you guys nuts? This is GNR, we have to take things slow! 

We've been taking things slow for a hot minute even before CD 😆 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, mr-fukaji said:

also like to know what sort of confguraton they had in mind for the album in 2002 with the supposed 18 tracks and bonus disc mentioned at the 2002 London show

If I had to guess, probably something like:

1.Chinese Democracy, 2.Better (assuming the vocals were done by then), 3.Oklahoma (assuming it actually has vocals), 4.IRS, 5.Hard School, 6.The Blues, 7.If the World, 8.There Was a Time, 9.Riad N’ the Bedouins, 10.Catcher in the Rye, 11.Atlas Shrugged, 12.Perhaps, 13.Sorry (assuming the vocals were done by then), 14.Oh My God (reworked), 15.Madagascar, 16.The General, 17.Monsters (apparently still called Leave Me Alone at this point), 18.Prostitute

And then the bonus disc would’ve probably been instrumentals that Axl had no intention of writing lyrics for (Thyme, etc.) or sketch songs that were too whacky for mainstream audiences (State of Grace, Silkworms, Eye On You, Nothing, etc.). Going Down and 10%er probably would’ve also been here.

I’m leaving stuff like Seven, Ides of March, etc. out cause we don’t really know wtf those are (yet).

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Nah. He’s been trying to get the rights back but has been unsuccessful so far, from what I understand.

Its awkward with Tommy gone, cos going down is better than anything Duff does, TV eye & Now I wanna be your dog are mega piss break songs 

• Like 2