The next Holy Grail

The Pitman Files from 2014 and 2015 are almost certainly the most interesting thing out there in terms of songs with finished vocals. Whatever's on there 

The "32 songs, 26 almost done" from 2006 would seem to be:

The 14 songs on CD, Oh My God, Silkworms, Atlas, Hard School, Perhaps, State of Grace, The General, Soul Monster, Going Down. Reasonable to assume but uncertain that Oklahoma/Berlin, Seven and Tonto exist with vocals which would be 26. The six others open for speculation.

Part of As It Began instrumental was played live by Axl as NR intro in 2002, similar to Prostitute, so that may be one that was finished. Thyme they thought enough of to pay Beltrami to add strings to. I believe there was a Thyme-PRL hybrid track in the Village leaks which would be an interesting song. Me & My Elvis sounds basically like a finished instrumental minus a big solo. Was it Zodiac or Quick Song that had scratch vocals? And then there's Eye On You and Nothing which seem unlikely to have been seriously considered or worked on past the early 2000s

1 hour ago, Mikey Whipwreck said:

The Pitman Files from 2014 and 2015 are almost certainly the most interesting thing out there in terms of songs with finished vocals. Whatever's on there 

The "32 songs, 26 almost done" from 2006 would seem to be:

The 14 songs on CD, Oh My God, Silkworms, Atlas, Hard School, Perhaps, State of Grace, The General, Soul Monster, Going Down. Reasonable to assume but uncertain that Oklahoma/Berlin, Seven and Tonto exist with vocals which would be 26. The six others open for speculation.

Part of As It Began instrumental was played live by Axl as NR intro in 2002, similar to Prostitute, so that may be one that was finished. Thyme they thought enough of to pay Beltrami to add strings to. I believe there was a Thyme-PRL hybrid track in the Village leaks which would be an interesting song. Me & My Elvis sounds basically like a finished instrumental minus a big solo. Was it Zodiac or Quick Song that had scratch vocals? And then there's Eye On You and Nothing which seem unlikely to have been seriously considered or worked on past the early 2000s

Recently the tour manager talk about 29 finished songs on the AFD era which we think that he might want to say the CD era so yeah 29 songs finished is a good number, there might be 10 which still we haven't listened on their finished form

• Like 1

My Holy Grail next is a future event rather than a past song - I would love Slash to write a riff on the same level of Locomotive-esque badassery as Anastasia and have the band record a fresh song with the rhythm section recording the basic tracks live

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/28/2023 at 2:23 PM, fear the juggalo 1 said:

I do know. It's different songs.  The general was a long song, that was decided to be split into 2 songs for separate  B side releases.... hence, Generals N......Monsters. 

But as always, wtf do I know?!? Lol

If I’m reading this correctly, you’re saying the Perhaps vinyl that includes The General will not include Monsters? 

32 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

If I’m reading this correctly, you’re saying the Perhaps vinyl that includes The General will not include Monsters? 

Yes, Monsters would be on the Atlas 7". But plans evolve with this band.

HS / Absurd

Perhaps / The General

Fatlas (Drums +1.5) / Monsters (Nightrain exclusive)

Edited by Coma16

Hate this drip fed songs releases.... been playing general an monsters heaps but already want whatever is next.. and asap.. like an announcement of the next one (so hopefully the leakers can be ready ) ;)

Really hope it's a polished an more versed atlas, but SOG is what I'm hanging for desperately... nowwwww more than everrrrrrr... I still remember.... your naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammme... *ooft*

• Like 1

I'm sorry but anyone saying Monsters is not Soul Monster is out of their mind. Axl described Soul Monster in a way that could not more perfectly describe Monsters:

"I think it's our most Black Sabbath moment. Sang it on a Christmas eve. Imo the meanest section of anything I've sung to date. Which having said that I'm sure when it's heard others may disagree but we felt it was a Christmas card of unadulterated venom so to speak. I felt a lot better afterward."

Black Sabbath moment = verses.

Meanest section of anything to date = screaming bridge part

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

I'm sorry but anyone saying Monsters is not Soul Monster is out of their mind. Axl described Soul Monster in a way that could not more perfectly describe Monsters:

"I think it's our most Black Sabbath moment. Sang it on a Christmas eve. Imo the meanest section of anything I've sung to date. Which having said that I'm sure when it's heard others may disagree but we felt it was a Christmas card of unadulterated venom so to speak. I felt a lot better afterward."

Black Sabbath moment = verses.

Meanest section of anything to date = screaming bridge part

Yeah, I agree 100%. We might be wrong, but there's just too many coincidences not to think that with the information we're given. The Black Sabbath vibe (Axl even sounds a bit like Ozzy in the verses), the mean bridge... the lyrics even say "you stole my soul", for God's sake. 

Again, we might turn out to be wrong, but it all fits so perfectly for this to be Soul Monster.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CaioAKR said:

Yeah, I agree 100%. We might be wrong, but there's just too many coincidences not to think that with the information we're given. The Black Sabbath vibe (Axl even sounds a bit like Ozzy in the verses), the mean bridge... the lyrics even say "you stole my soul", for God's sake. 

Again, we might turn out to be wrong, but it all fits so perfectly for this to be Soul Monster.

I didn't even make the connection with "you stole my soul". Wow.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

A copy of OMG pre Bumblefoots overdubs. That Buckethead solo is insane. 

I have a few different versions of that song. There's one I have with a creepy intro I have no idea if it was fanmade or legit but you can tell it's definitely a demo by the sound quality. (doesn't sound like the intro was just pasted on by a fan though I'm still skeptical) but that one is my go to lately when i want to hear it. It's definitely Bumblefoot on it even though I prefer Bucket but I think Ron did a great job with it.

6 minutes ago, Carnal894x said:

I have a few different versions of that song. There's one I have with a creepy intro I have no idea if it was fanmade or legit but you can tell it's definitely a demo by the sound quality. (doesn't sound like the intro was just pasted on by a fan though I'm still skeptical) but that one is my go to lately when i want to hear it. It's definitely Bumblefoot on it even though I prefer Bucket but I think Ron did a great job with it.

Fan made. 

There's the 99 version and the version that leaked with Bumbles overdubs hardpanned to one side, which made it possible to remove him and essentially make a mix without him. However it doesn't really work as there were gaps left with no guitars obviously so he can add his bits. 

19 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Fan made. 

There's the 99 version and the version that leaked with Bumbles overdubs hardpanned to one side, which made it possible to remove him and essentially make a mix without him. However it doesn't really work as there were gaps left with no guitars obviously so he can add his bits. 

Yeah I wasn't sure about this being legit or not. I like it either way but I have the one the your referring to and the 99 version. 

4 hours ago, Carnal894x said:

There's only the original track & the Bumblefoot over dubs version out there that's not fake or fan made...bbf one is horrific BTW, sounds bad

• Thanks 1