Tour is (almost) over - where do we go now?

7 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

They don't need that sort of gimmick, they're still making money and playing stadiums. If they were playing theatres then maybe they would act in such a desperate way, but they're not.

Talk of retirement is as ridiculous as it is premature

6 hours ago, GoBucky said:

Agreed, Kiss and Motley Crue had no choice because they couldn't get asses in the seats anymore on their own. Aerosmith is more than likely doing it because they're in their mid-70's and this was going to be it. Guns may not sell every seat in a stadium with high prices, but they can fill the majority of them with acceptable prices. They don't need to throw a farewell tour out there. 

It's ridiculous if you do it like Skorpions or Kiss every few years, it's not ridiculous if you're gonna retire for good. And since some people here assume that this is what they are doing - going into retirement - I just pointed out they'd have announced it. Time will come and you'll be proven wrong 🙂 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

According to GNR Italia a members members of the Entourage tells them they Will go again at the end of 2024 celebrating 40 years of the band

That would be my guess too. South America at the end of 24 (or even in September as rock in Rio Is celebrating its 40th anniversary next year), maybe Asia, then another Europe/US run in 25

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Free Bird said:

It's ridiculous if you do it like Skorpions or Kiss every few years, it's not ridiculous if you're gonna retire for good. And since some people here assume that this is what they are doing - going into retirement - I just pointed out they'd have announced it. Time will come and you'll be proven wrong 🙂 

Proven wrong? No. They're not retiring. It's completely out of the question at this point

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Proven wrong? No. They're not retiring. It's completely out of the question at this point

Retiring? Im sure the have done that to "the best" leftovers from CD era to more forward to at least one last album. I can see axl singing right in studio song by song with time he will nail it. Remember the begining of streer of dreams? That was an epic comeback.

On 11/3/2023 at 9:33 PM, meadsoap said:

To give you guys an idea, Metallica's current tour is 46 shows over 18 months, with a couple weeks to recover in between each city. GnR just did 51 shows in five months with less than 3 days to recover in between most of them, and the shows are an hour longer than Metallica's. RHCP only does 90 minutes sets.

It's kind of insane what their doing in comparison to other 50+ aged bands.

It's kind of  ironic that the vocals and playing is one of the worst among 50 aged bands 🤣

1 hour ago, Tyoma said:

It's kind of  ironic that the vocals and playing is one of the worst among 50 aged bands 🤣

Whether that's your opinion or not, extremely basic reading comprehension should tell you that's not the point of my comment. 

Edited by meadsoap

22 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

Whether that's your opinion or not, extremely basic reading comprehension should tell you that's not the point of my comment. 

I thoufht it was clear that I meant that your praise about quantity of concerts is not impressive with that quality of his voice

38 minutes ago, Tyoma said:

I thoufht it was clear that I meant that your praise about quantity of concerts is not impressive with that quality of his voice

Yes I understood that that is what your opinion is. It's not relevant to what I was saying... and frankly wrong.

Do you think it's some easy thing to give 3 hr marathon concerts 3 times a week for months on end? Most people could not physically do that no matter what their age is. It's impressive. Axl's voice is his voice, and there's not much to do about it. The fact that his vocal cords have stiffened with age is out of his control. Being able to physically operate at that level at 60 is a rare thing. The body is more than a pair of vocal cords. That's what I'm praising. The fact that you don't understand that is sad tbh, practically untethered to reality about what the average 60 year old is like.

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

I Hope the forum Will not go quiet too.. :)

We'll for sure have on going debates when Atlas will be released (certainly not this November), when The General and Monsters vocals were recorded, when the next album will be released, discuss the guest spot on Michael Schenkers album, and go into full mayhem again as soon as more pictures of Axl and Slash in a studio setting will come out.

Plus we'll have the usual Richard and Slash comments regarding seriously looking into how to release music these days and of course priming the pumps or whatever that was before that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Tyoma said:

Vocals are whatever, but there's nothing wrong with the rest of GN'R's playing in comparison to their contemporaries or those that have been around longer. They sound great

3 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Worth noting that SMKC/Slash doesn't seem to be on any recently announced summer festival bill, so there's some apparent clear space after the SMKC tour wraps at the start of the year

Festival bills add all the way up until April(ish) next year but I take your point. Everything (mostly) Slash has said has come truth (albeit in a slowed manner) the next part of something he said...this was the end of touring (this past tour) and after that, it would be recording of some kind before they set sail again....the summer tour, at least in his mind (whether that was the same for Axl) was the end of 7 years non-stop...a finality to this stage...I can't imagine he'd speak so matter of factly on that front unless this is something BTS that he, Duff and Axl were on the same page about....we will have to see...

His album next year is a multi singers blues affair, right? Surely he asked Axl to appear....he said yes to that other dude, it would be hard for him to say no to Slash....so we might get our first NEW Axl and Slash colab sooner than we think....they may use the reaction to that to test the waters for GNR's future and beyond....

Time will tell ..