Tour is (almost) over - where do we go now?

15 minutes ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Just thinking about it a little, realized that no matter how much some posters may complain about axl’s vocals, Frank’s drums, the setlist, etc. We’re all gonna be pretty bored during this upcoming long break. 

Yes, unless the next releases are disconnected from the touring or there will be some sort of live release, it's going to be a long uneventful period. Slash's solo album and the Schenker album both Axl and Slash recorded on are the only things to look forward to.

Edited by Blackstar

29 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, unless the next releases are disconnected from the touring or there will be some sort of live release, it's going to be a long uneventful period. Slash's solo album and the Schenker album both Axl and Slash recorded on are the only things to look forward to.

Gotta be honest, I haven’t known who this Schenker guy was this whole time. 

On 11/4/2023 at 1:09 PM, Mustard Tiger said:

I don't know what the future may hold, but I do want to give Glastonbury a mention. I tuned in fearing the worst, but instead got probably the most enjoyable night of the reunion. 

After years of Axl kinda hiding behind the hats and the glasses (2010-2014), and appearing on autopilot from 2017/8 onwards it was amazing to see him so full of energy again. There he was, my childhood hero had returned. Out front, running about, giving his absolute all. I don't know what changed but on this tour Axl seemed to get his mojo back. That fire in his eyes that had been missing for years was back. 

Sure his voice isn't what it once was but I have to give him credit for the effort he has put in this tour

His voice wtf happened to his voice fron 2010 to now. Can you imagine him singing now liken2010

4 hours ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Just thinking about it a little, realized that no matter how much some posters may complain about axl’s vocals, Frank’s drums, the setlist, etc. We’re all gonna be pretty bored during this upcoming long break. 

I'd be more worried if people stop complaining. As long as people complain it means they are somewhat invested and care. An audience that does not complain is an audience that does not pay attention.

20 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It could be easier for him now exactly because there's nothing at stake and not much to prove or lose. And he seems a bit more confident in the last few years. He has done guest spots, live and in the studio, and solo appearances (even if it was just singing November Rain at private parties).

Plus he could now have Slash Duff etc guesting to a solo album now which would increase sales, prestige and things like that. The Axl Rose brand is also less toxic than it ages past so he could more easily get collaborators on board he might want to work with. And with GNR being a respected legacy act a collaboration with someone like Olivia Rodrigo or Taylor Swift isn’t impossible, as it might’ve been in the 99-14 period where he wasn’t as respected

I think the existence of The General shows that there are songs in Axl’s vault which we’ve never heard. Of those GNR might only be releasing ones that Axl feels make sense as GNR songs. He could easily put any other stuff out under his own name now. 

Edited by AxlRQ93
  • Like 2

With what slash just tweeted this-

“Now that the GNR US tour has finally reached its conclusion, I want to thank everybody across the country who made this the best US run in the last 7 years since I've been back in the picture. It was incredible experience, that will never be forgotten, cheers!
iiii]; )'”

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

21 minutes ago, ronartest2004 said:

“Now that the GNR US tour has finally reached its conclusion, I want to thank everybody across the country who made this the best US run in the last 7 years since I've been back in the picture. It was incredible experience, that will never be forgotten, cheers!
iiii]; )'”

Like what Eddie said he told him privately...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ronartest2004 said:

iiii]; )'”

It aligns with what I posted earlier about Eddie Trunk saying that he talked to Slash off the record and Slash told him that this last leg was his favourite since 2016.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ronartest2004 said:

iiii]; )'”

That's awesome to hear. You could really see the band was firing on all cylinders every show.  Happy I got to see them perform in Hershey this year. What a kick ass show!  Sad to see this tour ending 

4 hours ago, AxlRQ93 said:

Plus he could now have Slash Duff etc guesting to a solo album now which would increase sales, prestige and things like that. The Axl Rose brand is also less toxic than it ages past so he could more easily get collaborators on board he might want to work with. And with GNR being a respected legacy act a collaboration with someone like Olivia Rodrigo or Taylor Swift isn’t impossible, as it might’ve been in the 99-14 period where he wasn’t as respected

I think the existence of The General shows that there are songs in Axl’s vault which we’ve never heard. Of those GNR might only be releasing ones that Axl feels make sense as GNR songs. He could easily put any other stuff out under his own name now. 

I don't think he would release anything recorded during the CD sessions as solo stuff, because he sees it as GN'R, unless maybe piano instrumentals he wrote by himself. I was thinking more of other kinds of stuff, like covers or instrumentals since he likes movie soundtracks.

Here’s what I’d like to see.  Take their time off.  Release some stuff.  Get re-releases of spaghetti/lies on vinyl.  Release shit loads of video footage in some form.  When they reunite do new album or new and old songs if need be.  Then tour.  However, don’t do 28-32 song sets.  There’s no need.  Tour with other bands and play 15-18 songs.  Fluctuate hits.  Interweave songs they don’t play as much from all albums with new songs.    Maybe not close with paradise city and not open with its so easy.  Just switch it up.  Either way not play as long of shows.  I think it will really help Axl’s voice.  Hell Metallica doesn’t even do that many songs. 

7 minutes ago, UYI4 said:

Here’s what I’d like to see.  Take their time off.  Release some stuff.  Get re-releases of spaghetti/lies on vinyl.  Release shit loads of video footage in some form.  When they reunite do new album or new and old songs if need be.  Then tour.  However, don’t do 28-32 song sets.  There’s no need.  Tour with other bands and play 15-18 songs.  Fluctuate hits.  Interweave songs they don’t play as much from all albums with new songs.    Maybe not close with paradise city and not open with its so easy.  Just switch it up.  Either way not play as long of shows.  I think it will really help Axl’s voice.  Hell Metallica doesn’t even do that many songs. 

I agree the setlist could be much shorter. A GNR/Metallica tour would be perfect. 

4 hours ago, ronartest2004 said:

iiii]; )'”

Sounds like he doesn't know what Will happen to Gnr in the next months.. 

Maybe  contract with label Is expiring and they have to renegotiate it

1 hour ago, UYI4 said:

Who cares about what Metallica do? It baffles my mind somebody think  less songs in a concert? If they want to do 50 songs Is glorious to me. Fluctuante hits? WTF?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Who cares about what Metallica do? It baffles my mind somebody think  less songs in a concert? If they want to do 50 songs Is glorious to me. Fluctuante hits? WTF?

In theory if you fluctuate songs on a shorter stylist and play large city’s multiple times and some of the smaller city’s hit other smaller city’s near by seems like a great way to sell tickets 

On 11/4/2023 at 9:19 AM, Blackstar said:

Eddie Trunk said that Slash told him off the record a few weeks ago that this last leg has been his favourite since 2016.

Where did Eddie say this?

On 11/4/2023 at 5:05 PM, RONIN said:

As far as a new album - is this something we really want? These guys are way past their prime, it would take a herculean effort from them to make a half decent album. All involved would have to radically up their game to make it worthy of their past music.  And they'd need to get a real producer, not just a yes-man without the balls to tell them something sucks and needs to be redone or left on the cutting room floor. 

I think Slash and Duff could come up with some really cool stuff together, which might inspire Axl creatively also. And if they got with a good producer then I think they can still make one last good album.

On 11/4/2023 at 7:04 PM, Draguns said:

I agree with you! Someone mentioned that Slash told Eddie Trunk off the record that he was very happy with this tour. I think there's more to come. If anything, I think SMKC ends after April. Myles definitely seemed unsure that it'll continue. 

No, SMKC is doing another album after this tour. As long as Myles and the rest of the guys are available and interested SMKC will be around in some form or another.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Streaming services lol 

Disney + concert specials have happened a few times this year....that or Paramount or Apple....you have to be big enough and they'll buy a tour show or doc....gotta think shopping around (if they do) someone would be interested in the Guns reunion footage...even some random rock channel (not that they can pay the big bucks mind...)

Concerts are less so on physical but since Guns have been doing the Tapes and Vinyls and they did do Blu-ray as recently as last year, so...a 4K/Blu would be most welcome or best of tour (since it seems to be an end of something here) along with backstage/behind the scenes...

I mean, let's face it, if they put on the box that it Included the first and only place for a sit down interview (off the wall chat) between the big 3 (on there terms as they'd like...) I'd imagine that would guarantee all hardcore buying it...we will have to hope and wait and see but it'll tide us over in a gap nicely...that it would.