Tour is (almost) over - where do we go now?

I’m sad that Monsters leaked and may not be getting an official release imminently. Hopefully it is part of the vinyl or is plopped onto streaming by Dec 8.

2023 has been a pretty good year for us I must say. We didn’t expect a Perhaps music video, or The General. Or some of the deep cuts played live.

if the band does take 2024 off, I hope an album or another twofer single is out, even if they don’t tour behind it immediately. The soonest they could tour in 2024 is the summer, after the Slash tour ends in April.

• Like 4

I don’t really know what they do from here. We can assume it’s gonna be radio silence in 2024, and then 2025 they may do another “WERE FN BACK AGAIN” tour, but I think they’re gonna have to play arenas. I don’t think a new album is happening any time soon, so maybe just Atlas and something else EP with a few more deepcuts in the set.

• Like 1

This was a good tour, overall. Classic deep cuts in the set and two new songs. For the next tour, I’d like to see Axl change some of his techniques and I’d, of course, want more new songs- including Monsters!

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 3

It's been my favourite tour following Guns,  2002 and 06 were especially good, I was there for Sailing !!

But the sets in Europe in 23 were cool as hell, I'm not fussed about shows I haven't been to and what was played but perhaps and the general were surprising...loved the liked of anything goes, bad obsession, PTU etc 

• Like 1

Some cool releases would be nice, a live release of some form (vinyl / BluRay for example), maybe a new covers album if the muse doesn't arrive, best case would be of course new album or a compilation of the new songs, but I wouldn't count on that, haha.

Touring mode seems off for 2024, I could live with that, get some rest guys (and tour your solo efforts, meaning Duff and Slash, Axl could finish up is biography, one can dream, right?).

• Like 2

I've loved this tour, and I agree it may be complete radio silence for 2024. I'd love to see dvd releases of this tour and older ones as well, especially if they would release any of the footage shots from UYI. I'd like to see more singles released, and if Axl ever wanted to release a book now would be a great time 

• Like 2

I'm still wary of that rumored of a long break (meaning longer than a year). Slash words keep ringing through my head, where he said there was "one last leg of the tour before were free to start working on a new album" .

He said that in 2022, and I think these past shows are the last leg he was talking about. So maybe they come back to tour, or maybe Slash words were very literal and this is the "last" lag and we've come to the end of the road.

Edited by meadsoap

6 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

I'm still wary of that rumored of a long break (meaning longer than a year). Slash words keep ringing through my head, where he said there was "one last leg of the tour before were free to start working on a new album" .

He said that in 2022, and I think these past shows are the last leg he was talking about. So maybe they come back to tour, or maybe Slash words were very literal and this is the "last" lag and we've come to the end of the road.

no way that this is the end of the road imo, touring wise for Gn'R. I keep saying this, but Axl said in the China Exchange interview that he would like to keep it going for as long as possible. As long as Axl is physically able to do it, I think we're good in the touring department.

• Like 3

I think we’ll see an album and tour within the next year or two..

I know that’s an unpopular opinion, but Axls finally releasing new music. Slash and Duff want to write and record, and Axls said in the past that he wasn’t writing songs to keep them buried. They're not getting any younger, either. It just feels different this time around. There’s an optimism surrounding this band that there wasn’t been in about 13 years

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rovim said:

no way that this is the end of the road imo, touring wise for Gn'R. I keep saying this, but Axl said in the China Exchange interview that he would like to keep it going for as long as possible. As long as Axl is physically able to do it, I think we're good in the touring department.

True. I know he said that when the tour first started but it's now 8 years later of nonstop, tiring truing. As I said in another thread, even in this leg alone they did 51 3-hour shows in less than 6 months.

Axl in his 60s now, and that kind of constant travel and strain is brutal even on young bodies. There's a reason their same-age peers (like Metallica and RHCP) schedule much more spread out shows and/or much shorter shows. If they did take a longer break after this, it would make sense and even be healthy. Maybe "end of the road" is the wrong way to say it, but a hiatus for a few years to recuperate...

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 2

Just now, meadsoap said:

True. I know he said that when the tour started but it's been 8 years of nonstop shows. As I said in another thread, even in this leg alone they did 51 3-hour shows in less than 6 months.

Axl in his 60s now, and that kind of constant travel and strain is brutal on the body. There's a reason their same-age peers (like Metallica and RHCP) schedule much more spread out shows and/or much shorter shows. If they did take a longer break after this, it would make sense and even be healthier. Maybe "end of the road" is the wrong way to say it, but a hiatus for a couple years to recuperate...

longer breaks, no more back to back shows, changing singing approach, all of that I can see happening and some of it is already happening, but keeping it going is something I believe that Axl is still interested in doing for multiple reasons.

• Like 4

Duff wants to tour off his new album and Slash is going back to Miles Kennedy and that band.

Axl will probably take a long vacation.

Maybe a new album will come sometime next year.

I read John 5 thinks Motley Crue and GNR should tour together. Guess he doesn't know the history of these two bands. Anyway, who would headline GNR will want to headline. I know MC and DL both changed off.  I doubt this will ever happen. lol

I do hope either next year or 2025 GNR comes back to Dallas TX.  I know next year a lot of bands Iron Maiden and The Scorpions are having huge tours.

Can't imagine much changing. I actually thought before this year they really needed to shake it up, and to their credit they did. From here on out, I expect just more of the same. They covered most of the songs this time around that hadn't come out and I'd have expected earlier like Bad Obsession and Pretty Tied Up. At this point, the biggest songs that haven't been revived are Think About You, Move To The City and Perfect Crime. I guess Dust N Bones and 14 Years if Izzy came back, and maybe You Ain't The First but thats about it.

They've covered about 60 different songs at this point since 2016, including all the various covers. The only two "gimmicks" I could see them having left to play if they wanted are an original 5 Appetite lineup, or a tour where they play all of Appetite, both of which seemed more likely to me before this year. Now I don't feel they'll really have to. Then I guess there's the farewell tour but yeah, I don't know. I think they could just continue this as long as they want.

There's no way we get an album. IMO.

Edited by gunsfanoldie
  • Like 1

Well what Slash said have been happening, he told about the UYI Boxset we have It, he told that new songs were coming It happen, he has told that they would start working on a new album It should happen the things is when.

My bet is that they will return around first months of 2025 and by the final 2025 we should be getting an album or an EP with new songs

• Like 1

I must say, this currently feels like the most normal GNR has been in a long long time lol.  Songs are actually coming out from time to time, they are being played live, setlists are shifting and more deep cuts being played, etc.  I hope they keep that momentum of normalcy going during the downtime and capitalize on Axl having time to hear some Slash riffs and write some melodies and lyrics

• Like 4